Monday, March 20, 2006

Where are the Bush women?

On the third anniversary of the Iraq war, after the death of thousands of Americans, I have to ask myself, where are the Bush women: the twins, Laura, Barbara and Columbia (Gov. Jeb’s wife)? And more importantly, what have they been doing for the last three years?

If they’ve been doing anything at all to support the troops and/or their families at home, it has to be one of the best kept secrets since the identity of “Deep Throat.”

I would have more respect for the Bush family if I saw some compassion on their part for the grieving families or the soldiers who come back from the war with missing limbs, paralyzed, or just plain traumatized.

This administration sent our young to Iraq with defective body armor, insufficient troops to adequately fight this war, and have made them targets of death by the very people we “liberated.” This news is very disturbing, especially in light of the fact that war veteran benefits have recently been cut. What the hell is going on in Washington? Have they no shame? I guess the answer to that question is self explanatory.

After watching a report on CNN about a family that was fighting to get an adequate bed from the government for their 19-year-old son who came back from Iraq blind and paralyzed from the neck down, I stopped watching these news reports. It alternately made me too sad and way too mad. Why should a family who has made the ultimate sacrifice have to fight for a goddamned bed? What’s wrong with this picture?

How many of those in Congress have children in Iraq? I know for shit sure the Bush twins who are the ideal age for military are not only not in the armed services, they seemed to have totally disappeared from the public eye at a time when they should be showing troop support.

I want—no, I DEMAND to know where they are. Why are they not visiting veteran hospitals? Why are they not going to the funerals for our brave soldiers? Why are they not giving support to the families who have suffered so much?

Bush speaks of staying the course and making sacrifices. This is “Bush speak” for YOUR family making the sacrifices. One would think that the United States of America, the world’s superpower, the richest nation on earth, would do everything possible to give war veterans everything they need and deserve: respect, honor and support; and at the very least, some compassion.

I’ve known since long ago that Bush was a terrible leader. What I didn’t know was that the women in his family were heartless. Women by their very nature are supposed to be nurturing. You would think even if they didn’t feel compelled to support the wounded, they would do so just for appearances sake; but they don’t. And if they say they do support them, I say actions speak louder than words. And in this case, no action at all speaks the loudest.

Labels:


41 comment(s):

Anonymous Vixen said...

It's funny you should mention this. I just read something about the twins, what they are up to, but I can't remember where. I did find this brief info... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_and_Jenna_Bush
I won't get into my opinion on all things with the US government right now, not enough space or time. But wanted to give this little info on their whereabouts.

3/20/2006 10:09:00 AM  

Anonymous Vixen said...

That may not work. Basically one is teaching the other is working with AIDS patients in Africa. Or so says that site.

3/20/2006 10:12:00 AM  

Anonymous Angela Low said...

I hate living in the middle of Bush country here in West Texas.
God forbid you don't like the man around here. The whole family is the worst and a bunch of crooks.

3/20/2006 10:42:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Bawdy Babe,

I don't know if you are aware of it but it is not only US soldiers who are dying there (please, American is a wider word) there are also many, many, many iraquian civil innocent people dying just because US citizens believed the lies of stupid leader who's only interested in oil, petrol or whatever you call it.

Thus, please, don't give a damn if Bush girls are encouraging or not your trops. It is much more important humanitarian rights being violated every day. People dying because of the lack of every first need and every first right. Your trops shouldn't be there, this is the first point. And the US citizens shouldn't believe to be in charge of taking freedom wherever their government says it is necessary.

3/20/2006 11:16:00 AM  

Blogger Bawdy Babe said...

i couldn't agree w/ you more. i omited the fact of the iraq deaths because the point of my post was the lack of support from the Bushes for their own people.

look, this is my opinion, i know many do not agree and what i love best about america is free speech. i come from a country where you can spend 20 years in jail for speaking against the goverment.

i love my adopted country, my family and I were taken in w/ open arms while fleeing Castro's Cuba w/ only the clothes on our backs.

while i love my country, i do not love their present policies. anyone w/ an opposing view is welcome to share them here.

finally, i thank you for sharing a very intelligent point of view.

3/20/2006 11:25:00 AM  

Anonymous 2nd Amdt said...

I knew the political viewpoints here were polar opposite of mine when I saw the last political topic a while ago, but I stuck around 'cause you post some luscious pics and thought it was worth beating my head against my desk ;-) to see the nearly-naked men. I'm glad you at least offer to listen to opposing views, because here is mine:

Just because you don't see the Bush "women" out doing the stuff you think they should be doing, doesn't mean they aren't. Not every moment is choreographed for the camera as it was in prior administrations, IMO.

The sad fact about our media is that they need to get ratings in order to stay on the air. That leads to sensationalism in journalism. The military family who was treated fairly gets no mention. The bureaucratic snafu gets highlighted coverage. Little or nothing is being said about the good things happening in Iraq, just the unfortunate parts of war.

Bawdy, it's nice that you were able to escape a dictatorship, but shouldn't other people be able to do the same thing, even if it takes some outside interference? Iraqis couldn't just jump in a boat (not that I'm implying it was that easy for you) to get to the US.

3/20/2006 01:24:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! We all believe that US interference is to bring a very beautiful and lovely democracy to Iraq. Because we all are Alice in Wonderland and belive everything government tells us about some horrible and dangerous weapons (that have never been found, remeber?).

And we all believe US interference is to bring Iraquian people democracy because, as we are the greatest nation in the world, we have the right to teach lessons to anyone and to interfere wherever we think it is necessary to bring democracy (specially if they have great energy reserves, of cours).

And, please, remember that US is not the only country in the world that respects free speech.

3/20/2006 02:52:00 PM  

Blogger slskenyon said...

Well, I hope that none of this surprises anyone. It certainly doesn't surprise me very much. I thought that the Bushes were more conscious of being "camera friendly" as it were, but no even they are stepping out of the spotlight at this pivotal time.

I have no sympathy for the Bushs. I have no sympathy for people who really have no idea what they are talking about and then jump to judgement.

As for the Bush women, well, they're put in their place, aren't they? They are there to "support the men in their family" steadfastly to be the perfect picture of the "other half" feminine mentality. So, at this point, there is no use for them, is there? We don't need our heart strings tugged upon by a mousy librarian and her two spoiled daughters, so they're going to be put away for now. Not exactly what Mary Tyler Moore had in mind....

3/20/2006 03:09:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My guess is that they are out spending all that oil money.

After all, mama Bush thinks all the displaced New Orleans survivors are better off with nothing than the little they had before, and Laura couldn't even manage to remember Katrina's name and kept calling it Corrina. I really don't think that they can be bothered with the common people's problems.

3/20/2006 05:19:00 PM  

Blogger Bawdy Babe said...

2nd Amdt, and other Bush supporters I want to state that this is not a political blog, but I am a political person and have never been shy about expressing myself.

My view/opinions are mine alone and do not necessarily represent the opinions of the other bitches.

2nd Amdt I am so pleased that you have stayed w/ us despite our different point of view in this particular matter.

All opinions are respected here. We do not alter or delete comments we do not agree with.

We believe in free speech and do not tolerate censorship. If you see that a comment has been removed it is because it was spam and/or an ad.

No one will ever be bashed or trashed for having an opposing point of view. Nor will bashing or trashing of other POVs be tolerated on this blog.

We welcome and respect all comments and opinions.

3/20/2006 06:38:00 PM  

Anonymous K in the USA said...

I just wanted to second what 2nd amdt said. Those who stand by and do nothing as as guilty as maniacal ruler who killed many many of his own citizens in very cruel ways.

Let's bury our head in the sand and hope that Al Quiada and the terrorists don't reach our shores, AGAIN. I would think that since you were able to escape the rule of a mad man you would be more appreciative of what our soldiers are trying to help the Iraqui citizens secure.

The news doesn't score ratings saying ANYTHING postive these days.

3/20/2006 08:42:00 PM  

Blogger Bawdy Babe said...

well oil has recently been found in cuba, lets see if cuba "suddenly" gets liberated.

3/20/2006 08:47:00 PM  

Anonymous Maddie said...

I want to third what 2nd Admt and k in the usa said. I don't agree with everything Bush says and does but I do support him. He is my President after all for better or worse. I think it is irresponsible to delcare the war a failure this soon. War is not easy nor pretty. I think time will tell and what history tells us may confirm what many are saying today. But at least it can be based on a larger lense of reflection.

Anyway, just wanted to throw my support for what appears to be the minorty here. Thanks for letting me!

3/20/2006 08:50:00 PM  

Blogger Bawdy Babe said...

you are welcomed maddie, appreciate you sharing your view on this interesting discussion.

3/20/2006 09:02:00 PM  

Blogger T-girl said...

As a disabled vet (not for this war but for an other injury along with a few military doctor mistakes. LOL) I am not sure how to phrase what I want to say. I spent 10 years defending my country, I have NEVER been more proud of anything in my life (except perhaps my daughter)! I do NOT agree with what this administration has done to our service men and woman BUT I will ALWAYS support them. They are underpaid (thanks to this administration), over worked (thanks to ALL administrations) and understaffed (a combination of past and present administrations efforts to "realign" under different purposes)! Personlly I feel this was the wrong war at the wrong time. I am not saying Iraq did not need to happen, it did. Most people in the US are oblivious to the fact that we NEVER ENDED the first gulf war and our men and woman were STILL there keeping "things in line!" The no flyzone of N and S Iraq had to be inforced somehow right? I am a vet of the first gulf war and I never set foot in the middle east, hell I did not even join the military until '93 but I have dealt with deployments through my husband and freinds and it is no picnic! This has no point but to show it was still going on.

I did not vote for the current administration, most servicemen that I know were put off by Mr. Bush's military record, or lack there of, or what the hell is going on? LOL We all serve our country proudly and WANT people to know it! The prob with this war from MY point of view was that it was at the WRONG time and ill planned. Many of our men and woman were and are still in Afganistan. They do 1+ year rotations in both locations, which our congress approved becuase it is illigal with out congressional approval. The military has the highest divorce rates in the country, certian jobs worse effected then others, and we are not taking care of them. We are losing a lot of good people because they "can not take the heat", while many who are staying in (not saying all just many) can't find there way out of a paperbag if you poked your hand in it and said, "please follow me!" I could tell you stories of some of the things I saw going on in our military when I left, it was part of the reason I left BUT these men and woman DESERVE your support, they do not make the wars they only follow the orders they are given by their country. I also want to say to the person above who said America is not the only country losing men and woman you are ABSOLUTLY right, hundreds of Iraqis and other allied troops die daily and THESE people deserve to be supported also! For the Iraqis especially I can not imagine what it would be like to have insurgents like this, and without co-allition troops they would not be able to hold on at all!!!

As far as the twins go, hell I would hide there stupid asses too. Geez when they didn't look what happened, we got a underage drunk and her follow along sister! Mrs. Bush is not my fav but she has always been under the radar, she does have class though and I think her heart MEANS well just not always there. She is definitly a stand by you man kind of gal. I don't always agree with this sentiment but I also do not disagree. I agree thought I WOULD like to see more from them but that is not to be so I will not sweat it, not a big deal to me anyway! LOL

I think that ALL people weather they are US citizens or NOT, need to VOTE in thier respective countries elections or do what they can to make a change if they are unable to vote. If you don't like something then do what you can to change it. Either way, all I ask you to do is to support your troops (and the troops of other countries that are helping you or your troops) because without them you would not have a govt to bitch about.

3/20/2006 09:31:00 PM  

Blogger T-girl said...

Sorry I forgot to add, Thanks guys for this interesting discussion. You ladies rock for your willingness to put it out there. This is what I mean do what you can to some extent, there is NOTHING wrong with expressing your opinions in a reasonable and consise manner on something you believe in, that is how change happens!

3/20/2006 09:36:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

I really am not a political person, and i've always hated the political background of my family. Not to mention, unlike my other lovely Bitches, i don't know a lot about the US government and not an expert when it comes to it.

I agree with T-girl. Supporting our troops is always important. NO MATTER WHAT. The thing i want to say, like what Trollop pointed out this morning, is that, Bush expects EVERYONE to make sacrifices, but unfortunately, he and his family don't seem to be making any.

Great discussion! And welcome aboard to the new posters. :D

3/20/2006 09:52:00 PM  

Blogger Bawdy Babe said...

t-girl, thank you for your insightful comments. I think the one thing we can all agree on whether you are pro or anti Bush is that we all support the troops and want them home as fast as possible.

t-girl, you made an excellent point regarding voting. I come from a country where there is no voting. So it shames me so many Americans don't vote. Voting is PRIVILEGE not a right. Lets hope mid-term elections this year will be the biggest turnout ever.

Btw, thank you so very much for your kind comments regarding our blog.

3/20/2006 09:53:00 PM  

Blogger T-girl said...

Bawdy- You will be glad to know I am writing a whole thing for my blog on voting in the next day or so. I have been working on it for a week or so but I keep getting writers block. LOL It was inspired by someone who made a complaint to me about something they had NO IDEA was even ON the November ballot and was turned down! How puthetic is THAT???? LOL

Harlot- That is just the way of the world unfortunatly but remember one voice can become a thousand all you have to do is stand up! Oh, I am sure they are making sacrifics, I hear they had to watch a different movie then the one origionally schedualed at the Whitehouse the other night! LOL Actually I have no idea WHAT they are going through, and until I walk a mile in his shoes I will not BUT... nevermind! You all really do not want me to get started on this, you REALLY do not, you can see what happened already above! For the sake of my freindship with Maddie I will desist! LOL

3/20/2006 10:16:00 PM  

Blogger Maddie said...

Rave on T-girl...rave on...lol. I like the fact that, although our opinions differ, there actually are some places on the net where you can state your views and have an actual discussion on it without it resulting in personal attacks. Its nice for a change...

Good job bitches.

3/21/2006 12:33:00 AM  

Blogger Vicious Trollop said...

I am not American and I do not live in the US, but I do enjoy politics and keep up to date in world events, especially political ones. I like to be able to give educated opinions about general topics.

I dislike Bush, I dislike what he stands for and I believe war is never an option.

It is my personal opinion that the only reason the US is in Irak is b/c of the oil.

My country was under an awful dictatorship for over 30 yrs. and the US (tk god) did not come and "save" us. You know why? b/c we have nothing they want; we have no riches for them.

The same goes for Haiti and Cuba and many other countries. I don't see the US going in there and trying to save them from evil made-up weapons of mass destruction because they too have nothing of use for them.

So, I need to be explained why the spending of so much money, and the waste of so many beautiful lives in Irak, when there are, literally, entire countries dying of hunger.

Women with no education or means to feed they're dying/sick children. Men unable to provide the decent lives for their families that we take for granted. Why not use that money to educate people, to teach them how to provide a better/peaceful lives for themselves and their countries.

Why Irak when there are so many others that need, and so many places where you can TRULLY be of help, that does not involve the death of so many lives. No matter what the answer is, it will never be good enough for me.

I care about the soldiers, and I care about all the innocent lives that are being lost in that pointless war; a war of greed.

Why does the media only focus on the bad things? I'll tell you why. If a veteran that lost a leg does get a bed, sure I'm happy, but was there ever a need for a man to lose a limb b/c a country wants to get richer? NO! Should the media focus on the one that didn't get a bed? You bet your fucking ass they should, b/c THIS SHOULD NOT HAPPEN, NOT EVEN TO ONE SINGLE WAR VETERAN. IT IS DISGRACEFUL AND SHAMEFUL AND I wont even continue b/c this topic makes me pretty upset lol

Just my opinion *wink*

Groove on babes :D

3/21/2006 10:58:00 AM  

Blogger Vicious Trollop said...

OH god, I just wrote long comment and lost it :( dunno where it went !!!!!!!!!!!!

3/21/2006 11:02:00 AM  

Blogger Vicious Trollop said...

Oh, wow there it is! tk god lol there was NO way I was going to write all that again :D

3/21/2006 11:04:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Um, are you drunk, babe? Is this what happens when you can't kill bosses on Zelda game? Am sure you're not the worst player ever.. :S

3/21/2006 11:13:00 AM  

Blogger Vicious Trollop said...

I am a good player!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM *sob* this is just very hard monster! Hardest ever *Wailing* but as god is my witness I will kil him!

3/21/2006 11:20:00 AM  

Blogger Bawdy Babe said...

gang, i'm sure trollop will overcome inablility to express herself any day now. can't wait to hear what she really thinks.

again folks, all comments are welcomed here.... just be careful that you don't give out your home address to trollop. wink.

3/21/2006 12:39:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree with supporting our brave men and women who fight for us. It is not for them to question their orders but to act with loyalty and patriotism to their country and their leader that was elected. My hats off to all that they do...they deserve nothing but respect and gratitude.

I did not vote for Bush either time...can't stand the man...I could complain about him and his politics all day long. I am sure many of the people serving in our military right now did not vote for him either, and disagree with this war. That's all the more reason why they need our support to get them home safely.

2008 can not get here fast enough for me!

3/21/2006 04:21:00 PM  

Blogger Diane said...

What is really scary is that Americans did vote for Bush and elected him for a second term even in the light of the dubious way he "won" the first round. Even in the light of the the ups and downs (mostly downs) of his administration during the first term...
How could so many so easily be misled?
Read "1984"... again.

3/21/2006 11:52:00 PM  

Anonymous Tart said...

Great post hon...but I don't think I have the time to really post a good comment LOL. Plus, I'm scared I'll get flamed or something for my rather strong anti-American stance (not anti-American people, just your doofus administration LOL).

3/22/2006 12:00:00 AM  

Anonymous Angela Low said...

What I can't understand is why anyone would vote for him. It is
an honor for me to vote and I do everytime what I can't stand is people who complain and don't vote.
And Tart it doesnot bother me at all if you don't like the American
gov. Because America effects the whole world with their polices so the world should have a right to complain.

What I don't understand is why people would vote for Bush after he ran Texas into the ground.
When Bush was made Gov. of Texas
we had a budget surplus when he finally left to run our great country into the ground we were in debt.

Funny how the something is going on again.

3/22/2006 07:15:00 AM  

Blogger Bawdy Babe said...

And to think during the Clinton administration, we had peace and prosperity. Was that really less than 10 years ago? One of my fave quotes, also by B.C. is "there is nothing wrong with American, that can't be fixed with what's right with America."

And no, I don't give rats ass that he got blowjobs in the oval office. Sure he wasn't the first one and btw, trollop and I envy Moncia L. Lucky bitch, well except for the Ken Star thing. What a villian! He was suppose to investigate Whitewater. Star was out to lynch Clinton pure and simple. And all that crap about he lied to the American people re: Monica. Honey pls, that PALES in comparison to how Bush has lied. His lies have caused thousands of deaths. Weapons of Mass Destruction, MY ASS! And the saddest part of all is that Bin Lauden is some air conditioned cave somewhere laughing his ass off.

3/22/2006 09:51:00 AM  

Anonymous 2nd Amdt said...

Ah, yes, weren't we lucky to have Bill as president? I mean, it's great that STDs among teenagers have tripled because oral sex isn't sex.

3/22/2006 11:47:00 AM  

Blogger Bawdy Babe said...

so you are saying that Clinton is responsible for the high STD rate? honey, isn't that a bit of a stretch? And even if this was true wouldn't you rather have your teen w/ a social disease than carrying a weapon in Iraq? Bush is responsible for needless deaths from a needless war. Clinton is not.

Again, I respect your opinion w/o any animosity. I am sure you speak for many like minded people.

3/22/2006 12:22:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You bitches rock!!!!!!!!!

I even like your political opinions! I totally agree with you, BB and VT. This is a horrible and wrong war. Too much suffer and too much death because of a greedy and stupid man.

I was in some of those world wide demonstrations against the war three years ago. Today I can only feel an immense sorrow for all the people being killed because the stupidity of some...

Gatxan

3/22/2006 12:45:00 PM  

Anonymous Angela Low said...

Hey 2nd amdt, maybe if Bush got a blow job once in awhile he would not be such a uptight asshole and telling the whole world how to do their business.

3/22/2006 06:03:00 PM  

Blogger Bawdy Babe said...

angela honey, everyone could use a good blow job, but until we all get one
we should try and keep this topic non-personal and non confrontational. this is a hot issue that everyone feels passionately about so i understand how things can be said in the heat of the moment. thanks for understanding everyone.

3/22/2006 06:31:00 PM  

Blogger Vicious Trollop said...

Hey angela/bawdy:

So I agree about everyone getting blow jobs lol It should be mandatory. :P

With that said, yeah, it would be good idea if we tried to keep things as non-confrontational as possible.

Sex, politics and religion, very passionate topics. I'm one that has to cool off before replying to posts like this one lol.

Love reading everyone's opinion. I think this enriches us all.

Cheers

3/22/2006 06:40:00 PM  

Anonymous Angela low said...

Sorry everyone

3/23/2006 10:27:00 AM  

Anonymous Angela low said...

Ok,now that I am over my red faced embarrassment let me tell everyone how very sorry I am.
I still can't believe I wrote that
it is normally not like me at all.
So everyone I truly am sorry.

3/24/2006 09:55:00 AM  

Blogger Bawdy Babe said...

angela its okay, like i said people say things in the heat of the moment. i'm sure everyone understands. i think having provocative discussions like this is a good thing. we want to hear all points of view. peace everyone. keep posting!

3/24/2006 01:32:00 PM  

Blogger Maddie said...

I just wanted to say that I think it is so AWESOME that you ladies welcome all opinions here! I am the minority right now (republican) but I feel very comfortable here. I appreciate that. There are not alot of places that would welcome me or my political leanings.

Thanks again. It means alot.

3/25/2006 01:20:00 AM