Monday, February 6, 2006

Que coño significa esto?

Hello guys,

I was doing some research about international book covers with the idea of showing you what different countries find appealing and eye catching when it comes to buying and marketing books. But as I searched through Amazon XXX, I was utterly confused. You see, I could not tell which book was which!!!

So, Harlot and I, being the wonderful Bitches that we are, decided we should play a fun little game called: “Guess the real title of these weird-ass covers” LOL. Want to play?

Rules:
  • If you speak any of these languages, please choose covers/titles from the other languages you don’t speak, so as not to spoil the fun for the other people that are trying to guess.
  • I will disclose the real title of the books, along with original English covers tomorrow—if I ever do find out what books they actually are! LOL
  • I would also love it if the people that speak these languages, would email me at thebookb@gmail.com and let me know the exact translation of the titles, to compare with original ones.

Judith McNaught




Susan Elizabeth Phillips




Jennifer Crusie


Labels: ,


4 comment(s):

Blogger Samantha said...

Some of these covers are just plain scary.

I'm guess that the first German SEP book is "Ain't She Sweet" and the second one is "Match Me if You Can". And that the 2nd Spanish SEP book is "Breathing Room"?

And ummm... that the Spanish Crusie book is "Fast Women"?

2/06/2006 10:53:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had it all typed up and then I lost the connection to this site. I hope I can remember them. Here are my guesses for SEP and Crusie, hopefully not too crazy.
German SEP 1. Ain't She Sweet, 2. Match Me, 3. Lady Be Good (total wild guess)
Japanese SEP 1. First Lady, 2. ???
3. Dream A Little Dream
Spanish SEP 1. Ain't She Sweet, 2. Breathing Room
German Crusie 1. Faking It, 2. Strange Bed Persons, 3.
Spanish Crusie, looks like it could be Fast Women but I'm wondering if this and the Italian one could be Bet Me, it's all the shoes I'm thinking here.

Fun game, I'm looking forward to seeing the right names and how off I really am!

2/07/2006 12:34:00 AM  

Blogger Tart said...

My grasp of languages is crap LOL. So here are my guesses (based on the one word in the entire title I know LOL).

Judith McNaught

Spanish 1. "Someone to Watch Over Me".

Spanish 2. "Something Wonderful" (isn't Maravilloso Spanish for "wonderful"?)

Italian 2. "A Kingdom of Dreams".

Susan Elizabeth Phillips

German 3. "Dream a Little Dream".

Spanish 1. "Ain't She Sweet".

Spanish 2. "Breathing Room".

Jenny Crusie

French 1. The direct translation is "Love in Ambush" LOL. I have no idea what the actual title is.

Italian 1. "Faking It".

Spanish 1. Direct translation is Audacious Women, so I'll go with "Fast Women" for that one.

How'd I do?

2/07/2006 10:23:00 PM  

Blogger Tart said...

PS. I'm not even going to attempt the Japanese ones (and I even lived there and had lessons for 4 years!) LOL.

2/07/2006 10:25:00 PM