Monday, January 8, 2007

10 little things about Sarah Brophy




1. Favorite comfort food:
Hay, in my world all food, except custard *BLAH*, is some kind of comfort! But if I had to choose 1 thing only it would be M&M’s. They do melt in your hand despite what the advertisers say, but they are such compulsive eating who cares. I won a year’s supply once. Sigh, gone are the days....

2. Weirdest thing you like to eat:
Raw pasta. It was the only thing in the house when I was a kid that my mother didn’t ‘claim’ to have counted and was therefore steal-able. It turns out the whole counting thing was a complete fib!!!!

3. Favorite TV show and/or favorite movie:
I’m a complete House addict. Must have my dose or I start limping around as a withdrawal symptom. Also I’m hooked on Little Britain. The comedy is so twisted it’s perfect.

Favorite movie is trickier, but the one that floored me the first time I watched and still gets me is Carrington (Emma Thompson and Jonathan Pryce). The writing, the acting, the phenomenal true story all make it perfect, although whenever I try to get other people to watch they always end up acting like I’ve stuck pins under their fingernails!

4. If you could wake up tomorrow in the body of someone else currently living, whom would you pick?
My owns pretty good of course LMAO, but if I had to choose, was absolutely forced to, I suppose I could stand Catherine Zeta Jones’s. As long as I don’t have to have the icky husband!

5. 3 things you never leave your house without:
a) My iPod - Because I have a weird taste in music that no one else appreciates (heathens) so I have to take it with me or go without.
b) My note book – My memory is a disaster zone and basically if it ain’t in the note book I don’t know nothin’ about it!
c) A novel – I always have a book with me, which is why so many of my paperbacks looked lived in. My handbag is a very scary place to hang out!

6. Last movie you watched:
Pirates of the Caribbean 2: something or other. Loved the first one, but unmoved by number two. I think the problem is the silly bugger didn’t end. I have a very short attention span that doesn’t like to be stretched. I’m not very good at fantasy series for that very reason!

7. Man (besides BF) you think is too gorgeous for your peace of mind:
That changes from moment to moment. Right now it is definitely Ioan Gruffudd. This Christmas I had a Hornblower binge and watched all 8. Gosh, that sounds a lot more interesting than it is!

8. Book you’re reading right now:
I have Iris Johansen’s Storm Winds in my handbag at the moment about ¾’s finished. It’s a historical romance they have repackaged as a suspense. Fortunately I wasn’t so easily fooled.

9. What one toiletry item could you never live without?
Mascara. I’m a red head and look like I have NOOOO lashes unless they are painted. I’d rather be a bit smelly than look like an owl that’s got lost.

10. Which famous person, now dead, do you wish you could have seen naked?
Marcus Antonius of Cleopatra shagging fame. I’ve had a crush on him since I was about 12 and read I, Claudius. He mightn’t have been the cleverest of men, but who cares! Oh, and if I get to see him naked, do I also get given the chance to shag him senseless?

Wonder who Sarah is? *g* Stay tuned as the first part of our actual interview will be posted later (last part tomorrow). But before that, check out her debut book, Midnight Eyes.


Related:

Labels:


16 comment(s):

Blogger Harlot said...

Lub this pic!

Sarah, how exactly did you win a year's supply of M&M's, you lucky wench, do share! :P

They only showed the first two seasons here but LITTLE BRITAIN is so politically incorrect and twisted it's hilarious LOL.

1/08/2007 09:06:00 AM  

Blogger Isabella said...

Ms. Brophy, I love House as well, but I can't say the same about raw pasta. LOL

I hope you don't mind me asking but did you get iBuzz for your iPod? :P

1/08/2007 10:57:00 AM  

Blogger Petra said...

I love discovering new authors. I googled Sarah Brophy and apparently she is being compared to Karen Ranney who is one of my favorite authors.

Looking forward to the interview ladies.

1/08/2007 12:47:00 PM  

Blogger Polly King said...

What is Michael Douglas doing in that pic? LOL.

1/08/2007 01:37:00 PM  

Blogger ValVega said...

Raw pasta? ICKCKCK! Tha's even worse than canned microwaved corn with cheese!

I think Michael Douglas is yucky too! Never did get him... :/

1/08/2007 02:49:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

I love canned microwaved corn with cheese!!! GRRR :@

Michael Douglas is icky. :S What did Catherine Zeta Jones see in him? And she's so young too when they got married.. :/

1/08/2007 03:00:00 PM  

Blogger Tisty said...

I accidently won a a year supply of M&M while trying to win a world cruise or something like that. I was more than happy enough with my near win!

And I've only jusy heard about iBuzz. daggy music and a BOB sounds fun to me

1/08/2007 05:02:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

How in the hell did you win M&Ms in exchange of a world cruise? Damn, a world cruise is perfect. *sigh* Not that a year's supply of M&Ms isn't good. Heh.

Btw Sarah, lub your pic! :D

1/08/2007 05:19:00 PM  

Blogger Jolie said...

Raw pasta? LOL! Love your answers Sarah!

1/08/2007 05:44:00 PM  

Blogger Jolie said...

Harlot, canned corn with cheese? You girls eat the weirdest things. LOL

1/08/2007 05:46:00 PM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

Raw pasta? Ackk! I love pasta don't get me wrong, but raw? LOL

I think Ioan is a hottie and loved him in Hornblower. Sigh...

1/08/2007 06:34:00 PM  

Blogger Vanessa said...

Little Britain is so funny though I sometimes cringe with the way the show is going. Raw pasta is just weird, lol!

1/08/2007 06:51:00 PM  

Blogger Vanessa said...

Speaking of Marcus Antonius, do you watch HBO's Rome, Tisty? New season will be starting on January 14. Woohoo!

1/08/2007 06:53:00 PM  

Blogger Tisty said...

Vanessa, Caught bits of it, but for me Richard Burton is the sexist man in a metal skirt. Sigh.

And yes, Raw pasta is weird, but surelly we all have one weird little food thing, don't we? Come on please say we do!!

And the picture is fine harlot except for the creepy man in the cornor. bleech. how could she??

1/08/2007 07:01:00 PM  

Blogger Vanessa said...

Oh yes, Richard Burton in Cleopatra!

I totally love hbo's Rome. Vorenus and Pullo, love their characters. What about James Purefoy as Marcus Antonius? Me thinks he's hot.

1/08/2007 07:19:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally love "Carrington." Emma Thompson & Jonathan Pryce knocked it out of the park in that film. Very well done! Cheers, my dears!

7/23/2009 03:02:00 PM