Thursday, November 6, 2008

A journey through empowering women

I have begun a journey I’ve wanted to embark on for some time. I want to read about female historical figures: their lives, their triumphs, the accomplishments and their downfalls. I specially want to read about women that empowered themselves, reigned through adversity and wrote their names with blood in history.

If anyone has recommendations please let me know. I’m starting with Mary: Queen of Scotland and the Isles by Margaret George and moving on to The Memoirs of Cleopatra by the same author.

As you guys know, I love historical fiction but biographies are also welcomed. It doesn’t really matter what period the “character” lived in, or what she’s famous for. As long as the story is presented from a female point of view and the main character is a woman it should be OK. I, of course, would rather not read “101 Boob Jobs” by Anna Nicole Smith LOL.

Labels:


1 comment(s):

Blogger Marg said...

I would think that you might enjoy Michelle Moran's books about Nefertiti and her niece Nefertari.

I wouldn't recommend Philippa Gregory's book on Mary Queen of Scots - it was dire!

11/06/2008 10:30:00 PM