Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Book Selection of the Month (January '08)

Squeeeeeeeeeee!

Our BBC is back from a couple of month’s hiatus. She says she had a wonderful time, drank a lot of margaritas, partied hard, met tons of hot men, probably had an enormous amount of sex, skank! and is now ready to get back to work. *g*

I am so excited about our selection(s) this month. This is a series that has been around a while but that I’ve just gotten my greedy little hands on. In fact I’m still reading it—and I LOVE IT!

















The “Crazy” series by Tara Janzen has had an effect on me that I hadn’t felt in a long time. I remember it from when first reading Susan Elizabeth Phillips and then Judith McNaught and I think the last time was with Sherrilyn Kenyon. It’s that I-have-to-read-all-the-books-in-this-series-and
-possibly-everything-this-woman-has-ever-written effect. Kind of an addiction—perhaps crack or cocaine—something really powerful, ya know.

And what’s not to love? There’s sexy-as-hell men, hot sex, kick ass heroine, sarcastic-boys camaraderie, rich heroes, dangerous missions, men that aren’t afraid to fall in love and say it—and show it and mean it *sigh*—great cars, fast-paced plots and engaging writing. Did I already mention the incredibly hot guys? *g*

We’re doing the first three books in the series: Crazy Hot (Yummy Quinn), Crazy Cool (Extra Yummy Superman) and Crazy Wild (Extra Yummy with a Cherry on Top “Jungle Boy Creed”), and this is the way it’s going to work:

I’m leaving an open post with questions on Monday and our wonderful readers (who promised to participate!) can answer it through-out the rest of the month and can ask questions they’d like answered. Also, whoever participates enters a raffle to win our next BBC selection.

Forgot to add, the questions are going to be as hot and fun as the books. *wink*


Related:

Labels: ,


25 comment(s):

Blogger Shoshana said...

Cool! New books and new authors to get to know. I noticed that there's a lot of crazy titles...why this particular 3? Unfortunately, my library does not have crazy hot...buying it on amazon.

1/10/2008 12:02:00 AM  

Blogger Shoshana said...

I'm going to participate, even if I am going to feel like I'm back in school and having to take a test. Only this is more fun..

1/10/2008 12:03:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just bought the books; can't wait!

1/10/2008 01:23:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love these books! I've read all of them and they honestly get better with each one. Are we going to be talking about the rest of them in the future or just these?

1/10/2008 07:29:00 AM  

Blogger Isabella said...

Trollop, you make these books sound so good! Yummy, Extra Yummy, Extra Yummy With A Cherry On Top? Definitely, count me in! :D

1/10/2008 07:42:00 AM  

Blogger Isabella said...

Nikki: How many "crazy" books are there actually? Not 31 like the In Deaths I hope. ;)

1/10/2008 07:45:00 AM  

Blogger ValVega said...

I think there are only 6 of them, b/c there were 6 chop-shop boys (-J.T. + Travis) but I heard she added two more that sort of blend in with Steele Street?

These are the first three in the series, that's why I chose them but if you guys want to go ahead and read the others that means I've done a good job of pimping the series LOL

1/10/2008 11:32:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read Crazy Hot and wasn't impressed; can any one convince Cool and Wild are any better? Maybe I'll see if my UBS has them.

1/10/2008 03:33:00 PM  

Blogger Marg said...

I have been meaning to read these books for ages. I will have to go and see if I can find them here. I won;t be able to get to them in January, but I will get to them!

1/10/2008 03:51:00 PM  

Blogger ValVega said...

Re: I read Crazy Hot and wasn't impressed; can any one convince Cool and Wild are any better?

2nd admin,

Crazy Wild has been my favorite so far and Crazy cool my second fave, but I did enjoy Crazy Hot a lot too. I'd say see if you can get it at the library just in case so you don't have to dish out the money and not like it as much.

I've found myself buying books others loved and then just thinking "what the hell. How can anyone have liked this crap?" LOL

What I can tell you is that, IMO, the books get better. The writing is more detailed and the mystery/action is more drawn out making the rest of the story just sort of flow with the action. They might be a bit different from Crazy Hot but more or less in the same line.

Hope this helps...

1/10/2008 05:13:00 PM  

Blogger Petra said...

I know I have two of that books on my pile. Will read and participate.

P.S. Ladies, I'm glad BBC is back.

1/10/2008 05:34:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely positively love this series. Superman Hawkins is one of my favorite heroes evah.

I'll dust out my paperbacks and start rereading. This is one bbc I wont be missing LMAO

1/10/2008 05:41:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just got the books today!!

1/10/2008 08:12:00 PM  

Blogger Menchie said...

thank goodness! i've been scrounging around for something new to read for the year. now i've got to get to the bookstore!

1/10/2008 11:01:00 PM  

Blogger Marg said...

I bought the first book in the series tonight. Now I just have to find time to read it!

1/12/2008 07:23:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just stumbled in here from a link off a link off a link...you get the idea. OMG I think I have died and gone to heaven. Books and Bitches all in one deliciously fabulous blog. Yep. Heaven.
Going to scope the library for the books on the list this month.

1/12/2008 12:44:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll take a long bath this evening with a glass of wine and start rereading Crazy Hot. Quinn deserves my full undivided attention.

1/12/2008 06:48:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Queenie and Nikki, welcome. I thank the link of a link of a link that got you two here to.. um, are we calling TBB "heaven" now? Hmmm... :P



To all you uber wonderful ladies,

Discussion will be open the whole month of January (or as long as people are discussing the "Crazy" books) so for those of you who just got their copies, i hope you guys will still be able to join our discussion. :)

1/12/2008 07:08:00 PM  

Blogger Alice said...

Ooh yes!! *squeal*

I DO love... some... of the Crazy Series.

I LURVE Crazy Sweet (Yum, superman) and Crazy Kisses (Yum yum Kid) with ALL my heart.

I didn't care much for Crazy Hot (Quinn).

I disliked Crazy Wild (Creed) and Crazy Love (Dylan).

I hated Crazy Sweet (Whats-his-face... Travis).

I'm excited for the book club questions!

Mikal

1/13/2008 02:33:00 AM  

Blogger ValVega said...

Mikal, how can you no love my wild boy Creed? *sniff* He's tortured, he's sweet, he's masculine, he loves going down. He has it all *in my best George Constanza voice* LOL

I love Kid Chaos. He was my favorite part of Hot Target.

Crazy Sweet is making me crazy stupid I'll tell you. Red-Dog and Travis just don't do it for me. I keep thinking "he's having sex with an amnesiac and carrying underwear to give her in his pockets?" WTF?

I didn't love Dylan's and Baby Bang's story as much as the previous ones but I did enjoy the book b/c we got to see a lot more of Creed and Superman's HEA. Also, funnily enough, Red-Dog and Travis had some good scenes in it (before the amnesic/underwear in pocket thing).

I read her lates, Cutting Loose, is her best Steele Street book yet. can't wait to read it *g*

1/13/2008 07:33:00 AM  

Blogger ValVega said...

That shoud have been:

Mikal, how can you not love my wild boy Creed?

I read that her latest, Cutting Loose, is her best Steele Street book yet. can't wait to read it *g*

1/13/2008 07:36:00 AM  

Blogger Menchie said...

Wouldn't you know it -- no copies of the first three crazy books at the bookstore. I've gone and bought the last three. Not crazy about Travis and Red Dog.

1/15/2008 04:28:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I snagged the first two at our local library of all places. I hope they let me return them with drool stains on the pages.
I am halfway through the first. I can't barely put it down actually. 3 kids and 3 dogs all scream at me periodically though. Keep me in check ya know?
When are the questions going up???

1/17/2008 05:14:00 PM  

Blogger Shosh said...

I am reading about Creed first because it's the one I grabbed when I couldn't find my Lover Unbound book, and I didn't feel like reading more of War and Peace.

It's really great. I am only on page 105, and already, I can tell I am going to love this series.

I'm thinking of giving away my 5-books Black Dagger book...any idea on what kind of contest I should hold?

1/25/2008 03:11:00 AM  

Blogger ValVega said...

Shosh,

Why don't you have a "best damn compliment" contest? LOL People can spend the day sucking up to you and tell you how wonderful and purrty you are *grin* Best sucker-upper wins LOL

2/05/2008 08:07:00 PM