Monday, January 7, 2008

For the love of the Bitches, come out, come out, whoever you are...


This time last year was National Delurking Week. No idea if anyone is doing it again this year on such a global scale, but I thought seeing as our dear visitors have been so lazy to comment lately, *sniffles* I’d make this our own personal delurking week. That’s right! It’s your once-in-a-year chance to finally make my and Trollop’s day; see, even my Raoul thinks you heathens should do it.

Okay, I’m going to make it a challenge: for every TBB reader who delurks in this thread, I’m going to post one yummilicious eye candy, uh-hmm (you know I have tons of that, even some for the boys and girls who likes girls *g*). And yes, as long as you’re not a verra handsome man covered in Nutella, I promise not to bite. ;)

Please don’t be shy, if you have read TBB for months or just started coming by, feel free to introduce yourself. It’d be nice to hear more than just “Harlot, you sexy minx, you’re bestest over Trollop.” That would surely make me smile but, really, post whatever you like. Maybe tell us who your favorite authors are, or what would you like to see more/less of on our blog (features, navigation you’d like us to add?), or if you dance in the showers or you sing when you’re having orgasm—or any gossip! You have inside info that Casey dude isn’t really the father of Brit Brit’s lil sis’s not-so-secret baby? Do tell! Heh. Oh, and let me know if you’re interested in having BBC discussion this month or February.

Gotchabaguse? Goody. Happy delurking!

Labels: ,


44 comment(s):

Blogger Imp said...

Gotcha on my blogroll. (That almost sounds like a fetish, dunnit?)

1/07/2008 09:18:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Welcome, Alessia. Fetishes? Well, mine is known around here: Nutella-covered hot men... *drool* ;P

1/07/2008 09:46:00 AM  

Blogger M.Amanda said...

I don't know that I qualify as a lurker as I do comment now and then, but I often don't comment at all, so hello.

And, inspired by the many references I have read on this blog, I found and bought Nutella in my grocery store. I wasn't sure I'd find it out in my little midwestern town. I haven't actually tried it yet, but at least I will finally know what you've been talking about. :-)

1/07/2008 10:28:00 AM  

Blogger Mallie said...

Yeah I'm with Cipher, do I count as a lurker? nah, not usually. Depends on the topic of conversation though.

1/07/2008 10:37:00 AM  

Blogger Isabella said...

I'm not a lurker but I want to say hi and that you owe me one eye candy! :P

Currently reading Connie Brockway's Skinny Dipping and loving it!

1/07/2008 11:01:00 AM  

Blogger Stacia said...

I comment all the time, and I am currently reading the disappointing "Rhett Butler's People".

1/07/2008 11:22:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't remember how I got here, but I've been reading for a few weeks and enjoying muchly.

I'm a former dancer and a voracious reader. I enjoy historical, fantasy, and romance novels. This is my second comment. I really enjoy your writing; I find your blog to be very funny and interesting.

No gossip, sorry. Except that I am coming to England in April! So excited!

1/07/2008 12:24:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear!You know I'm a devoted lurker!
We should catch up with a few emails don't you think?

1/07/2008 12:57:00 PM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

I comment most of the time, although I've been absent lately.

Confession: I secretly cover your Raoul. A lot. LOL!

Rant: Damn the writers' strike! I understand the writers I really do but I hope things get resolve already because I miss my shows. :(

Gossip: Speaking of the writers' strike, did you guys know actors have officially announced they will NOT cross the picket lines to attend Golden Globes? I wonder what will happen to the awards show.

1/07/2008 02:00:00 PM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

That's supposed to be "covet" not "cover". Didn't mean to declare war or anything, haha.

1/07/2008 02:03:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although mostly a lurker, I do check up with you girls most days....I just finished the latest Lynsay Sands Argeneau series book and a book called "Hot" by Julia Harper, both fun and fast reads. Will be starting "Zorro" by Isabel Allende later today.

I have got to say, I really enjoy your site and it's many inspiring topics of convos and the scrumptious eye candy. Thanks.

1/07/2008 02:07:00 PM  

Blogger Marg said...

I don't think that I qualify as a lurker either but hi girls!

1/07/2008 04:09:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello girls! *waves* I think I've posted exactly four comments. I'll say that your blog got me to buy 10+ books now (which I liked) plus a B.O.B (which I enjoy).

-.^

1/07/2008 04:44:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not a lurker at all but I just wanted to say hi.

HI!!

I'm reading Jennifer Crusie's Charlie All Night and Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.

1/07/2008 05:19:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been reading & lurking for about a year. Will definitely delurk for some of your eye candy. Yum!

1/07/2008 05:32:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nutella brownies are a close second for Best Use of a Chocolate-Hazelnut Spread.

I'm waiting for the UPS guy to bring me Evermore, the latest installment in Lynn Viehl's Darkyn series.

1/07/2008 06:52:00 PM  

Blogger Menchie said...

Happy New Year guys. Am up to my ears in housework and actual work -- no help at all and it's only the beginning of the year. Really need eye candy. :D

1/07/2008 09:10:00 PM  

Blogger Terri said...

Well I have commented a few times... but I found your blog from Dakota Cassidy and you bitches crack me up. I want to grow up to be one of you... oh wait I am grown up. In that case I just read The Reluctant Muse by Ann Vremont which was AWESOME... so commence with the eye candy damn it !

1/07/2008 09:45:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been lurking here for quite a while. I don't think I've commented before - if so, I can't recall. I usually stop by before I go to sleep browsing rounds.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I've been silently enjoying your blog for quite some time, now. You girls are amazing.

1/08/2008 12:31:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Delurk from Chicago! Love you girls and your blog. Used to comment before but school got in my way.

Have recently bought, read and enjoyed Keeeper of the Dream. Thanks for the rec!

1/08/2008 01:02:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stop shining that flashlight in my dark corner! Bright light hurts my eyes.

Seriously, love you girls.

1/08/2008 01:39:00 AM  

Blogger Lollie Rose said...

I'll join the chorus of delurkers. Read almost daily for a year during slow moments at work. You girls always make me laugh. And thank you for the book recommendations. I doubt very much that I would ever have heard of most of these authors without your blog.

1/08/2008 01:44:00 AM  

Blogger vampireprincess said...

Hello. I have read almost every post of this blog since I found it, but have never commented for whatever strange reason. Love the post on books even if they aren't my cup of tea most of the time.

1/08/2008 04:03:00 AM  

Blogger mallymoodle said...

Harlo, I don't know if I count as a lurker cos I've commented a few times but hey, I'll delurk myself anyway!

More eye candy, please!

1/08/2008 07:47:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Welcome all. And thank you for delurking. :)

EVIE!! I emailed you! But it kept saying "Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently." :/ Email me ok. Besos.

1/08/2008 02:01:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. I confess I pretty much started reading this blog because of man candy. But I'm still reading. Good writing here.

1/08/2008 05:48:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just here for the eye candy. Seriously, you guys talk about books here? Since when? Lol. I'm currently rereading JR Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series.

- Amal

1/08/2008 11:37:00 PM  

Blogger Cassie said...

im a lurker

although i think i may have posted one or two comments




right now im trying to read as many books as i can get my hands on before the next semester starts rolling out.
18 credit hours does not sound fun anymore

-adios-

1/09/2008 12:12:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Sparkling Cipher,
Don't forget to use Nutella with the BF, heh. ;)


Cass,
When i was at school, i used to have 27-30 units per sem. Not fun, i gotta say.


Jordis,
I read about what's going to happen to the Golden Globes. Gah. I miss my shows too. Particularly HOUSE (getting so addicted to this show especially when GREY'S is getting duller every minute). I miss the ducklings! Kill the newbies, dammit!

1/09/2008 07:10:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been visiting this funny blog since 2006 after a recommendation by a friend.

Now that I've been forced out into the open perhaps I might have to start commenting on posts. As a Canadian, I sometimes have a different viewpoint, and anyone who hates Elisabeth Hasselbeck is good in my books.

1/09/2008 09:08:00 AM  

Blogger Nicu said...

Hey girls!

Unhappily for you this is not Raoul Bova writting...:( Guess I see more of him than you do but, to his big disgrace, I am not inlove with him! Can you believe this?! First because I'm a man, secondly I am straight and, thrdly, I see a lot of Italian television and Raoul can realy get you down bored like hell. Come on... don't be upset now, I'm not going to drive you into hating the love of your lives! :)
Sorry for my poor English, I am a Romanian and I have you in my blogroll since the very beggining last July. It's fun to come here and read your bitchy stuff :)
Ok, now I came at your call, let's see you putting a big bitchy kissy comment on one of my posts. It's Romanian but, who t f cares?! :))

Big hugs to both of you!

1/09/2008 12:05:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Oh my dear Nicu, not the best way to endear yourself to me calling my beloved boring--which he is certainly NOT!

My English is far from perfect either. :/ So please don't hesitate to holler at Trollop or whatever. ;)

Welcome and hope you join us often.

1/09/2008 02:53:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi girls! I'm in my hometown Melbourne, Australia. I check the site several times a day, and recently I've begun to wonder how I stumbled upon your blog exactly. All I know is that I'm glad that I was lucky enough to discover it because yours have been one of the best blogs I've read. You always crack me up and I love your posts. Keep up the good work.

1/09/2008 04:24:00 PM  

Blogger Marg said...

Hi Kristy..I am in Melbourne too!

1/09/2008 04:47:00 PM  

Blogger ValVega said...

According to our stats a LOT more people should be delurking *grrrrr*

Thanks to everyone that has popped in to say hi.

I'll go work on BBC post now *sooooo excited*

1/09/2008 05:50:00 PM  

Blogger Shoshana said...

There's that cute banner called 'comment whore'

It always seem to work for the Queer Chef. :)

***I can't type...I have to go through 4, nope 5! work verf.

1/10/2008 12:10:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a lurker too. Been lurking for maybe two years, ever since you guys lured me over from another discussion board I used to frequent. I love your articles and keep it up! You girls are funny. I'll try to comment more often, I promise...

1/10/2008 03:43:00 AM  

Blogger Rachel said...

Been enjoying this site about for the past year and I'd just like to say how much I appreciate the book recommendations, pop culture and sex-related discourse, but better yet, it's just chock full of girly fun goodness!

1/10/2008 08:35:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I might as well de-lurk. Started reading TBB about 2 years ago (or maybe even more, time flies) after my husband found your blog.

Your views about books, authors, sex, movies, celebrities are all very interesting.

In terms of a little about me: I'm a stay at home mom in rural Texas, a writer (poetry) and an active member of our local animal rescue group (in part by sharing our home with 12 cats and 4 dogs).

1/10/2008 02:29:00 PM  

Blogger ValVega said...

Welcome everyone *BG*

Star, I want a dog *sniff* I really really want a dog *Double sniff*

Terri, I lurve Dakota *smile* She's been MIA for some time though; bad bad girl LOL

I love Ann Vremont's drawings (unless I'm mistaking her for someone else LOL) but I didn't know she was a writer! I really really like her blog and will most definitely check out her books.

1/10/2008 02:40:00 PM  

Blogger Terri said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1/10/2008 05:09:00 PM  

Blogger Terri said...

Trollop.. she has been writing and when she stops writing I whip her.. cause I need more funny books :) I am actually going to see her in February for her Accidental Werewolf book launch. Should be a BLAST.

Yes Ann does a lot of Daz/Poser pictures where are awesome. She has two books out that I know of The Reluctant Muse which I LOVED and Sacred Heard Diaries which I am reading now and enjoying. They both have LOTS of sex, but SHD is kind of twisted as Ann decribed it. BDSM, Lesbianism and stuff like that. Not for everyone but interesting as it mostly Diary entries and takes place in the 1700 and the different stories tie into each other.

Thanks for visiting my blog and thanks for the MANY laughs.

1/10/2008 05:10:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I should hang my head in shame. I only have time to stop by a couple of times a week now and even then I don't comment very much anymore.

I've been a fan of your blog for the last 2 years and I love it.

Rock on.

1/10/2008 05:37:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Harlot :-)

1/11/2008 11:25:00 AM