I thought about the way I should go about introducing the author who gave me Alexander and Tatiana, a couple whose story I once likened to a unicorn or a double-headed penis. (I was having mojitos and fantasizing about something kinky at the time, heh—but that’s not the point. I only meant her books—and the unicorn and the penis—were a most precious find. ;)) And then I thought, why am I thinking of how to introduce her? Hell, if you’ve yet to hear about her then you’ve been reading the wrong blog. :P
Paullina Simons has been my favorite author since I read The Bronze Horseman five years ago. Since then I have devoured every book of hers I could find. And then pimped it shamelessly. And then pimped it more. Honestly, I might as well be called Paullina Simons’ Book Pimp!
Erm, her new book, Road to Paradise, is already out in Australia and New Zealand (lucky bastards, hmph!). Not sure when it’s gonna be available in the U.S. but it’ll be out on April 2008 in the U.K. Now, (thanks to Marg and to a friend) I found myself having two copies of Road to Paradise *and* two copies of The Summer Garden. Wonder what I should do, hmmmm... Oooh, why not raffle my extra copies for two of our dear readers? *g*
Okay, all you gotta do is leave a comment in her two-part interview (which will be posted tomorrow) telling us which book you’d prefer and we’ll include you in the contest. In the meantime, here are some tidbits about Paullina:
1. Favorite comfort food: Blinchiki
2. Weirdest thing you like to eat: Raw bacon
3. Favorite TV show and/or favorite movie: Sopranos, Deer Hunter
4. If you could wake up tomorrow in the body of someone else currently living, whom would you pick? For a day? Angelina Jolie. Forever? Nobody.
5. 3 things you never leave your house without: Credit card, lip gloss, iPhone
6. Last movie you watched: I Am Legend
7. Man (besides hubby) you think is too gorgeous for your peace of mind: Keanu
8. Book you’re reading right now: I Am Legend
9. What one toiletry item could you never live without? Lip balm
10. Which famous person, now dead, do you wish you could have seen naked? Rudolf Nureyev