Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Book Selection of the Month (August '07)

There are simple things in this world that bring me pleasure: a beautiful man serving me chocolatini, naked; my Raoul; shopping and ice cream-ing; the smell of books as I enter the bookstore; my name softly uttered by the man I love; a novel with romance so warm, so sweet it makes me weep and start all over again when I finish it.

Stephenie Meyer’s Twilight falls under the last category. It’s no secret I made it Harloty Mission No.4 (curious about the first 3, huh? :P) that everyone who loves our blog MUST read Twilight and it’s sequel, New Moon. So I suppose you won’t be surprised to learn that our BBC selection for this month is the third installment of the series: Eclipse.



“BELLA?”

Edward’s soft voice came from behind me. I turned to see him spring lightly up the porch steps, his hair windblown from running. He pulled me into his arms at once, just like he had in the parking lot, and kissed me again.

This kiss frightened me. There was too much tension, too strong an edge to the way his lips crushed mine—like he was afraid we had only so much time left to us.

* * *

As Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob—knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella has one more decision to make: life or death. But which is which?


Eclipse is already available in ebook format at Books on Board. If you’d rather wait for the book to hit the shelves, you can just read its first chapter, watch a short clip of Stephenie, or drool over Edward Cullen. *wink* (Or you prefer this fresh blood?) Anyway, as always, discussion will start on the last Monday of the month, August 27th. Till then, bee-yoo-tiful bunnies; someone’s waiting to lean down to press his cold lips once more to my throat. *g*

**UPDATE: No more early downloads from Books on Board. They were probably caught by Stephenie. :/ Er sorry, folks. Now, we all have to wait LOL.


Related:

Labels: , , ,


29 comment(s):

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I just tell you all how excited I am that this book is finally ready!! I read Twilight many times, and Eclipse in just one night. My whole house goes to hell when I read these books, poor family.
Very good call ladies....

8/01/2007 11:54:00 AM  

Blogger ... said...

Did you know the first chapter is up on her website? (Also released with New Moon as a "Special Edition".)

8/01/2007 11:59:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

By the way, a bunch of thanks to everyone who participated on our Harry Potter discussion. I hope you guys had fun as much as i did. :) You guys rock!

8/01/2007 12:05:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Ok, edited my post to add some links. Thanks Dance!

8/01/2007 12:38:00 PM  

Blogger ValVega said...

Never did read the second book. I liked the first one well enough, but I don't think it caught my interest enough to go on. Now I'm sure the BBC nazi will have me reading them all over and over again, no matter what I want or don't want *sniff*

8/01/2007 01:18:00 PM  

Blogger ... said...

It's available for download already? Have you read it?

8/01/2007 01:26:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops, I meant that I read New Moon in one night, haven't read Eclipse yet.
I can't really imagine reading a book on my computer, it seems like it would be a pain. And to print it all out seems too much.

8/01/2007 01:44:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

VICIOUS TROLLOP, YOU HAVE TO READ! :@


Dance,
Nope. I already ordered a copy. I'm waiting till the 7th. Why, are you planning on getting the ebook? :P


Karamia!
If i have to resort on getting an ebook copy, i print it. I copy/paste it to Word, make the font extra small, divide it into two columns with landscape as page orientation so it's easier to read, like a paperback. ;) Hope you join us on our discussion!



Ladies, what do you think will happen? Do you think this is the book where Edward turns Bella? Because apparently, Eclipse is the second to the last book on the series. :/

8/01/2007 03:02:00 PM  

Blogger Isabella said...

Some lucky readers already got a copy! Although I don't know what stores have released Eclipse early. Here's what Stephenie said about it -

As you may be aware, some copies of Eclipse were accidentally shipped early. As we all just saw with Harry Potter, the shipping of books is an imperfect system and despite the painstaking efforts of many, copies can get out early. The on-sale date of Eclipse is August 7th, and technically nobody should receive a copy of the book until then.

I have a big favor to ask of you lucky early readers. First, I hope you enjoy Eclipse. When you're done, I know you're going to want to talk about with your friends, but please remember how you felt reading it for the first time. Do you want to ruin that experience for someone else? I hope not. Please, for me, and for the other readers, don't post spoilers on the internet. Don't destroy the fun for everybody. Be kind to each other and my sanity.

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/news.html

8/01/2007 04:42:00 PM  

Blogger Marg said...

I am really looking forward to reading Eclipse!

8/01/2007 04:57:00 PM  

Blogger Duvy said...

I definitely think this is the one where Bella is a vampire. Probably not right in the beginning, but near the middle/end. I get the feeling her turning into one is what will spark a renewed hatred between the vampires and will ultimately be the thing that keep Bella and Jacob apart.

Plus, now the last book can be about Bella's adventures as a vamp! Can we finally get some action between her and Edward??? Jeez!

I'm tempted to read the book online, but it's really just not the same. :( What is the release date for the book?

I'm so excited for the discussion. This'll be my first one I'm participating in! <3 Edward

8/01/2007 04:59:00 PM  

Blogger Lily Moon said...

BBs, great choice! I agree with Duvy, I think this is the book where Bella becomes a vampire. Isn't that one of the Volturi's demand? Either Bella becomes a vampire or they die. I know the Cullens are strong but they can't win against an army.

And I want to see a book where Bella learns how to become a vampire, what it feels to be one etc.... oi I'm so excited!

8/01/2007 05:20:00 PM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

It's available already? Anyway I'll wait for the hardcover, just six more days.

Good call on this, BB. Looking forward to the discussion!

8/01/2007 06:16:00 PM  

Blogger ... said...

I think it was Barnes that accidentally shipped out copies early.

I was thinking about getting the eBook version (which would be also easier to store than the HC), but it looks like that was released early too. I received an email from booksonboard.com:

"The availability date of Stephenie Meyer's Eclipse is next Wednesday, August 7th. The distributors inadvertently provided a premature release date on the ebook version, a date we placed on last night's mailer. That has now been corrected. We apologize for any inconvenience."

(I didn't buy it, but I did have it in the shopping cart.)

The last time I checked Amazon had it discounted to about 40% off, so I'll probably order it from them sometime before next Wednesday.

8/01/2007 06:44:00 PM  

Blogger Isabella said...

Yes, it's not available anymore. It says so there on Books on Board's site:

Release date now August 7th
for the ebook version in order to align it
with the print version release date.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

You may still order the book but will be unable to download until 12:01 a.m., Wednesday, August 7, 2007.

I'm thinking Stephenie or her publisher asked the site to stop the early release.

8/01/2007 07:08:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Oh yeah, it's been removed. Hmmm.. damn i have to edit again! :@

8/01/2007 07:27:00 PM  

Blogger Jolie said...

Great. I'm re-reading New Moon so as to have the details fresh in my mind. Count me in on the discussion.

8/01/2007 07:53:00 PM  

Blogger Menchie said...

OMG, OMG! I can't wait till the 7th! Harlot, where did you order your copy? At FB?

8/01/2007 08:37:00 PM  

Blogger Bonnie Michelle said...

I've never heard of these books. They sound very interesting, as I enjoy the fantasy genre very much. I think I'm going to check them out in the last few weeks I have before school starts! Thanks, ladies!

8/02/2007 09:09:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Oh Jerseygirl,
You have to check out this series! Start with Twilight. I swear you won't regret it. ;)


Menchie,
Yep. Getting my copy from FB. :D

8/02/2007 09:28:00 AM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

I think Bella and Jacob's friendship will be over. He's in love with her but Bella loves Edward and that will start a new war between vampires and werewolves. I can't wait!

8/02/2007 01:38:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is Stephenie Meyer about actually? My auto buys have been disappointing this year. Methinks me need new blood :/

8/02/2007 03:24:00 PM  

Blogger Chart Smart said...

Nice Blog :)

8/02/2007 10:28:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finished Eclipse last night and it was fantastic!!
I can't wait for this release! I'm reading the first chapter now =)

8/03/2007 02:33:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Welcome Teri. :) Hope you join us often.


Gabrielle,
You have Eclipse already? I'm so jealous! *pout*


Babz,
YOU HAVE TO READ TWILIGHT! Try it, promise? :P

8/03/2007 12:33:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Book is already in my TBR ;)
I'll post very unprofessional thoughts on mah blog.. but it'll take awhile.

8/03/2007 09:48:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! No! I wish! That was jsut my horrible rushed comment. Sorry!!!
I meant New Moon *blushes*
=)

8/04/2007 03:38:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

I have my book already!!! *Snoopy dance* :D

8/05/2007 11:31:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Overall I liked it. Poor Jake. Now I can't wait till book 4! I hate cliff hangers :(

GWB

9/03/2007 12:29:00 PM