Sunday, August 6, 2006

10 little things about Liz Carlyle

lizcarlyle


1. Favorite comfort food: Macaroni and cheese

2. Weirdest thing you like to eat: Cantaloupe with salt and pepper. I think it’s a southern thing, but I’m not sure. My husband thinks I’m insane.

3. Favorite TV show and/or favorite movie: Law and Order, the old ones with Jerry Orbach. I loved that man.

4. If you could wake up tomorrow in the body of someone else currently living, whom would you pick? Well, Madonna’s body looks good. But she works too danged hard to maintain it. I think I would just keep the pleasantly-plump, slightly sagging one I have.

5. 3 things you never leave your house without: Chapstick, sunglasses, American Express (no joke)

6. Last movie you watched: An Inconvenient Truth

7. Man (besides hubby) you think is too gorgeous for your peace of mind: Like a fine wine, Dennis Quaid has aged very well.

8. Book you’re reading right now: Daniel Deronda by George Eliot

9. What one toiletry item could you never live without? Dental floss. I’m ready for the 12-step program.

10. Which famous person, now dead, do you wish you could have seen naked? Benjamin Disraeli, because his wife used to brag about how good he looked in the bathtub. What was all that about? Inquiring minds want to know.


Related:

Labels:


23 comment(s):

Blogger Harlot said...

Hello everyone! I believe Liz Carlyle will be coming here if not later, tomorrow. :)

Hotmama, I love AWS. But my favorite LC is THE DEVIL TO PAY. Aleric, oh LOL, that devil. :-P

8/06/2006 12:52:00 PM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

Madonna? LOL Great choice, Ms. Carlyle. She has a fantastic body.

8/06/2006 01:29:00 PM  

Blogger C Bradshaw said...

Ms. Carlyle, I love your books, especially the Devil series.

Looking forward to the interview, BBs!

8/06/2006 02:29:00 PM  

Blogger Isabella said...

Ms. Carlyle,

Congratulations on your RITA Award. Can't wait for the interview!

8/06/2006 02:55:00 PM  

Blogger Marg said...

Oh I'm so excited! I love reading Liz Carlyle's books!

My question would be Are you working on a new book and if so, can you give us a couple of little details about it!

8/06/2006 04:39:00 PM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

I love Liz Carlyle too!

Oh, so excited for the interview. And I love the photo with the horse and Guy Richie! :D

8/06/2006 04:52:00 PM  

Blogger Lorelei said...

Danielle, is that Guy Ritchie? He looks different.

Anyway LOL, this is great! Love Liz Carlyle's books.

Liz, congrats on your RITA Award. Can't wait for your next book!

8/06/2006 05:01:00 PM  

Blogger grundgetta said...

Congrats on your RITA Award.

8/06/2006 05:41:00 PM  

Blogger Jolie said...

Looking forward to the interview, ladies.

8/06/2006 06:04:00 PM  

Blogger Lollie Rose said...

Hotmama, I didn't know LC has written a contemporary. I love her historicals though. The Devil series is great.

8/06/2006 07:48:00 PM  

Blogger Lola Lovegood said...

What happened to the picture with the horse? Who was that guy anyway?

I haven't read Mrs. Carslyle yet. I'll get a couple after the interview is published. Any recommendations are welcomed.

8/06/2006 07:58:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Lola,

Trollop took the horse!!! And then she chased Guy Ritchie away. :/ Wonder what happened to the poor horsie...

8/06/2006 08:04:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

I can't even go near that damn horse since it'll trample me to death! It will, i tell ya! Horses hate me. :(

Btw, it's not my fault if Fawkes gets eaten. Seriously, flying with red and GOLD feathers, he's practically asking to be shot down. :/

8/06/2006 08:18:00 PM  

Blogger C... said...

I love jicama with lime, salt and paprika. Oh yyyuuuum!

8/06/2006 08:24:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Everyone, pic was changed because Trollop took the horse. :/

Anyway, i'm loving the pic now. Trollop did it. :D

8/06/2006 09:14:00 PM  

Blogger Ladybug said...

Ms. Carlyle you have great taste in men. ;) Love Dennis Quiad and I agree about the fine wine analogy. He is one yummy dude! :P

8/06/2006 09:17:00 PM  

Blogger Lollie Rose said...

Hotmama, thanks for that.

By the way, great pic, BBs. I like this one better, so fitting. Liz looks like she's from the Regency era.

8/06/2006 09:21:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mrs. Carlyle I have just discovered you! I read Devil to Pay and completely fell in love with the story and the characters, especially aleric.

I went to a book store close to my work this morning and could not find any others :( We germans have little luck finding good american authors here. Will try and see if I can get the orders from the store Amazon UK :) It will be worth the international shipping for all your books.

8/07/2006 11:09:00 AM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

Hi Liz! :D

8/07/2006 12:21:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miz Liz hi :)

I love Denis Quaid. Some mornings I think I want to kick hubby out and replace him with Denis LMAO He is very sexy, is he not?

I love your writing. Have not read your historical (don't usually read antologies) but will look for it now :D

8/07/2006 03:56:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forgot to say I love the picture! Was this painted for you Mrs. Carlyle? You look very regal :)

Can anyone tell me how I can add a piture to my comments like some of you have?

Also, is there a place where I could introduce myself?

8/07/2006 04:06:00 PM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

Hi Liz! :)

Lorelei, I swear there's a Guy Ritchie pic here yesterday. LOL I didn't recognize him at first but it says LC and Guy Ritchie when you hover your mouse over it.

8/07/2006 07:30:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved...

...past tense.

8/15/2006 07:42:00 AM