Sunday, July 30, 2006

Congrats to the 2006 RITA winners!

YAY to all the winners! Also, big HURRAH to Susan Elizabeth Phillips for a much deserved Lifetime Achievement Award! Anyone who was there, please let us know how it went—especially if there was a streaker running across the stage showing his “shortcomings” LOL; do send some photos! :P Now, here’s the result from last night’s festivities in Atlanta:

Best First Book
Show Her the Money by Stephanie Feagan

Best Contemporary Single Title
Lakeside Cottage by Susan Wiggs

Best Inspirational Romance
Heavens to Betsy by Beth Pattillo

Best Long Contemporary Romance
Worth Every Risk by Dianna Love Snell

Best Long Historical Romance
The Devil to Pay by Liz Carlyle

Best Novella
“The Naked Truth About Guys” in The Naked Truth by Alesia Holliday

Best Paranormal Romance
Gabriel’s Ghost by Linnea Sinclair

Best Regency Romance
A Reputable Rake by Diane Gaston

Best Romantic Suspense
Survivor in Death by J.D. Robb

Best Short Contemporary Romance
The Marriage Miracle by Liz Fielding

Best Short Historical Romance
The Texan’s Reward by Jodi Thomas

Novel with Strong Romantic Elements
Lady Luck’s Map of Vegas by Barbara Samuel

Best Traditional Romance
Princess of Convenience by Marion Lennox

Labels:


9 comment(s):

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

Gasp! JR Ward didn't win? Oh I love her Black Dagger Brotherhood series!

Oh well, I'm glad Liz Carlyle won. I love her books too. :)

7/31/2006 12:29:00 AM  

Blogger Serendipity said...

Amazingly enough, I have no read a single book in this list. I guess I better get craching huh?

7/31/2006 12:36:00 AM  

Blogger Marg said...

The only one I have read is the Liz Carlyle book! Other than that...nothing!

7/31/2006 12:45:00 AM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

Serendipity and Marg, do you like Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunters? Because if you do, I think you'll love JR Ward. Start with Dark Lover, it's great! And, ahem, the sex scenes in her books are hot. LOL

7/31/2006 12:48:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oy, congrats to the winners! I'm like Serendipity, I have never read any of those books. I have a JD Robb on my TBR pile though.

Olly

7/31/2006 02:57:00 AM  

Blogger Serendipity said...

Jordis, definitely adore Kenyon, so I am ordering JR Ward. I love a good Dark hunter stories.

Thank you for the heads up.

(egad! insomniac, that's me)

7/31/2006 03:37:00 AM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

I've yet to read these folks (except for Liz Carlyle and JD Robb), I don't even know most of them.

I would love to hear some streaking stories though. :P For those who actually went, I hope they had a fab time because Atlanta is a great city!

7/31/2006 08:19:00 AM  

Blogger C Bradshaw said...

Trollop, Lisa Kleypas is one of my autobuy authors. I love most of her books (her old books aren't as good as the new ones).

I'm glad Liz Carlyle won. And for The Devil to Pay! I loved that book. Actually all her "Devil" books are good. :D

7/31/2006 03:06:00 PM  

Blogger Marg said...

Jordis, I haven't read any Kenyon books. I just bought Dark Lover last week and I am looking forward to reading it...once I get through some of my library books!

7/31/2006 04:25:00 PM