Thursday, August 24, 2006

His ever throbbing manroot

I think we’ll all agree (unless you are verra, verra weird) that sex scenes in romance novels are absolutely and positively non-negotiable. And I don’t mean just any ol’ half-assed sex scene; it has to be a well written, come in your pants HOT, drool falling down your chin, smoke coming from under the covers fantabulous sex scene! And we all agree, in order to achieve that we’ll need a penis,** right? A hard one at that too.

As a normal hot-blooded young skank woman who appreciates—and demands!—the maximum amount of lovin’ permitted by state law, *g* my answer will always be a resounding “Yes!” Especially if said penis is attached to an oh so shagable bloke who’s capable of ravishing me until dawn. Oh my... *sigh* Er, *ahem* kind of got sidetracked there LOL, back to the topic at hand: the penis.

So, I was reading Passion by Lisa Valdez when I came across this:


His blood coursed and his cock throbbed painfully. So painfully, that he glanced down. Christ! His prick was so big; it looked frightening even to him. The head rose dark and purple from the top of his reddened shaft, yet no moisture escaped to soothe his stretched skin. He was dry, dry and hard as steel.

“Does it hurt?”

His sac felt heavy. “Yes. Does it frighten you?”


This made me wonder how crazy you’d have to be to let that guy and his penis get within ten feet of you! descriptions*** for erections and/or references to the penis have evolved since the days romance books were first published. I mean, in times of Mr. Darcy, and then later on, Rhett Butler, terminologies like “rock hard” or “bursting the seams of his trousers” were a most definite NO-NO. But in this day and age, these expressions are tame compared to a number of the stuff I’ve read. I know you won’t believe this, but some have even made a shy maiden like myself blush a time or two!

I’ve put together a list of the most common euphemisms authors use instead of the clinical penis or the raunchy cock. Some are funny, most are embarrassing and a few of them outright scary! LOL Which ones are your favorites? *g*
  • phallus
  • maleness
  • male member
  • virile masculinity
  • his source of heat
  • hot flesh
  • scorching loins
  • love’s sweet arrow
  • sword of his desire
  • towering lance of love
  • fiery brand
  • fullness
  • hardness
  • hard male heat
  • rock-hard male loins
  • his driving need
  • his tumescent tube of fire
  • hot bulging manhood
  • hot distended flesh
  • hot swollen shaft
  • sinewy length of him
  • iron-hard tumescence
  • aroused flesh
  • raging monster of his lust
  • throbbing love machine
  • heat-seeking moisture missile
  • blatant, aggressive, magnificent arousal
  • bulging erection
  • burgeoning shaft
  • oh so aching cock
  • his eagerness
  • pulsing core
  • pulsating manhood
  • erect rod
  • engorged inflamed sex
  • growing arousal
  • evidence of his arousal
  • evidence of his own instant bulge
  • mounting molten member
  • rapidly growing shaft
  • love tool
  • the bald avenger
  • intumescent member
  • stirring manhood
  • straining masculinity
  • straining, thick and strong against his pants
  • the dragon of his desire writhed beneath his tight-stretched trousers
  • rousing erection
  • swelling in his loins
  • swollen big dick
  • rigid/turgid part of him
  • rock-hard schlong
  • hard pulse of his arousal
  • hardness of his burning loins
  • thick engorged shaft
  • throbbing aching erection
  • thrusting possession
  • thrusting poweful hardness
  • huge fucking cock
Can you imagine me asking a guy if I could “massage his tumescent masculinity”? I don’t think he’d even know what the hell I was talking about! I’d have to clarify and explain to him that I was referring to his “mountain molting member” just so there’d be no confusion!

**Unless it’s female-female type of romance, then dunno how they manage. :/
***A description like that would frighten even Tracy Lords, for crying out loud. Didn’t you hear from Trollop what ten-and-a-half-inch monster Mark (the hero) has???

Labels: , , ,


62 comment(s):

Blogger C Bradshaw said...

OMG, Harlot!!! Heat seeking moisture missile? The bald avenger????

Oh god, I LOVE THIS! Laughing so hard my coworkers are looking at me weird! LMAO

You bitches are the best!!!!!

8/24/2006 11:03:00 AM  

Blogger Claudia said...

LOL!! or his tumescent tube of fire!! And what if a guy ever used some of those phrases, I would probably laugh so hard, it would definitely kill the mood!!

8/24/2006 11:05:00 AM  

Blogger C Bradshaw said...

Forgot to say LOVE the stud on the pic! Yum! Now I won't mind caressing the "dragon of his desire"! LOL LOL LOL

8/24/2006 11:14:00 AM  

Blogger Ladybug said...

"Bald avenger"? Does that mean he has a shaved cock? Oh god, this is funny!!! Can ANYONE actually say these words without laughing? If anyone tells me, "hold my magnificent member" I would roll on the floor laughing lol!

8/24/2006 12:03:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

This is the reason why i won't be reading inspirational romances. Have nothing against it, just not for me. I need laving in my books because i tend to get bored without it. And yes, penis mention is very important. :P

Men would probably cringe with some of these terms. I can't blame them, some are freaking weird! LOL But really, if i were a man, do i want my penis mentioned? Well, if i'm the owner of said erection, then HELL YEAH!

8/24/2006 12:40:00 PM  

Blogger Vanessa said...

Harlot, lol, thanks for the laugh! Did you invent some of these terms? I don't even know what tumescent mean! "Dragon of his desire"? "Heat seaking missile"? LMAO

8/24/2006 12:48:00 PM  

Blogger Jolie said...

Thank god these terms are no longer being used! Some of these are flat out funny, no one in their right mind would find them arousing! And what's up with "manroot"? Ack! Whoever invented this term isn't right in the head. LOL!

8/24/2006 01:36:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:( Did you have to crop the picture so close?

Any way, you made some of those up, didn't you? What's on the agenda for tomorrow - euphemisms for the word vagina? Skip the pictures if it is.

8/24/2006 02:04:00 PM  

Blogger Lily Moon said...

Love these terms! Still LOLing here! Hahaha

Oh and Harlot, can I please have the hot naked dude? Pretty please!

8/24/2006 02:19:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ladies,

you officially rock. I came across this website looking for something to read but now I'm offcially hooked to this.
This was so hilarious that I could NOT help but actually laugh out loud. My co-workers wanted to see what I was laughing at but um...its a 'no no' for what you put up!!!

I started reading the books along with your lists and now I am reading the bitch society one as well as the Sammy's Hill.

Keep up the great work!!!!

8/24/2006 03:09:00 PM  

Blogger dusio said...

You forgot Pylon of Pleasure.
I love your blog, does that make me a bitch?

8/24/2006 03:17:00 PM  

Blogger Sherry said...

Hey BB's, went out of town there for a bit and stayed away from computers - I come back and see all that I've been missing. I have some catching up to do.

Harlot, that picture has got me drooling! Why oh why does the BF have to be at work right now? *sigh*

Those penis reference terms are hilarious! The dragon of his desire has got to be one of my fav's.

This post reminds me of an episode of Friends when a fat Monica refers to a penis as his tenderness and a girls virginity as a flower. And then a big nosed Rachel tells her: Can you just call it sex?! It really creeps me out when you call it that! Okay, and by the way, a guy's thing is not called his tenderness. Believe me!

OK, how much useless crap do I have rattling around in my brain? Why do I remember that? Do you see what you made me think of Harlot? lol
I still luv you anyway!
Have a nice day ladies.

8/24/2006 03:22:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Clicker, Dusio,
One-eyed trouser snake? Pylon of pleasure? :-P

I heard some guys name their peckers. It's true then? LOL Well, no matter what it's called (or it's name) as long as it's functioning superbly and giving me plenty of what I want, oh i'm all for it. *g*


Heather,
I'm afraid Nutella is something no one can get rid off. :/ Sometimes, i could actually last a month without it, but after a while i'll start having these horrible dreams(!) and i just know, i have to get some Nutella or forever have nightmares of chasing after chocolate covered gorgeous men i could not reach! *sniff* The horror!


Sherry,
Oh, i know that episode! That's the one with the thanksgiving flashback. Rachel's right; the penis is far from being a man's tenderness LOL.


To all the new posters, welcome. :D Hope you post often!

8/24/2006 03:44:00 PM  

Blogger Lorelei said...

That guy is hot! Oh wow.

Harlot, love these penis terms! I've never read some of them but they surely are funny! That one with the dragon of his desire is my favorite LOL

8/24/2006 04:24:00 PM  

Blogger ~ames~ said...

LMAO!! Heat-seeking moisture missile is just awful! You should have linked to which books those came out of so we would know to steer clear.

Thanks for the laugh ladies. :P

8/24/2006 04:38:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tumscent tube of fire? LMAO! I'm laughing so hard I can't even type! LMAO That sounds like something people with genital herpes would use to kill the itch.

Harlot great post. Very funny!

Trollop I tried the "wheelchair guy" and to me it sounds like their both in the toilet together. What's up with that?

8/24/2006 06:00:00 PM  

Blogger Rachel said...

LOL, thanks for the laugh! This is great, ladies. :D

Love the hot pic!

8/24/2006 06:34:00 PM  

Blogger T-girl said...

My personal favorit is when he "sheaths his sword!" For somereason that one always gets me! I saw one the other day but I can not remember what it was now that had me rolling.

You all should do one on the female versions, seriously there are some doozies out there. "Her moist flower," "wet warm center" or my personal favorite is the description one "as he probed at her wet center he could feel her heat rising!" WTF, is he taking her tempature or having sex? Maybe we are doing it wrong but I am fairly certian that my husband can not tell you I went up in tempature unless I spike a fever! LMAO

8/24/2006 07:28:00 PM  

Blogger Maria said...

I'm not sure whether to laugh or to cry or to be hungry for more! :) !M

8/24/2006 07:50:00 PM  

Blogger Mailyn said...

If you have dogs then you know that the word engorged is forever attributed to ticks and ONLY to ticks. Engorged ticks are every dog owner's worse nightmare. I don't think I want to come amywhere near anyone's engorged member. I will be very, very worried that, at any moment, it will be ready to squirt out blood.

8/24/2006 08:10:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In Grey's Anatomy, Izzie named it "Jimmy and the twins". :)

What a long list to be added in my dictionary! :)

8/24/2006 09:49:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been a *lurker* of this fabulous blog for a week now and after this post I just have to come out and say Book Bitches you're the best!! I think I laughed my head off from reading this list! I know some of the terms are too weird and one would think no author in her right mind would actually use those! But I swear that "raging monster of his lust", I know I've read that from an old Anne Stuart book! (Am a fan of hers by the way and will be buying her upcoming book with a bisexual hero :)). It's either that term or "raging beast of his desire". LOL! I remember it because when I read it, I thought AS was kidding! LOL!

8/24/2006 10:18:00 PM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

LMAO Tube of fire? Heat seeking moisture missile? LOL I don't know about you ladies but if a missile, a sword, or (gasp!) a dragon (OMG!) is coming for me, me and my vajayjay would be running fast out of there! LOL

BB, bless you and your slutty hearts. LOL You're the best! :D

8/24/2006 11:19:00 PM  

Blogger Food Kitty said...

mansword;rock lobster;spear of desire;hotrod.

laughing too hard to think of more...

8/24/2006 11:47:00 PM  

Blogger Nicole said...

yeah that scene you posted? Ummm, that book would have been done at that point for me. Not because I can't handle hot sex in books, cause I acually demand it (lol). But because I think that is the worst way I ever heard an author put it. He looked at it and though how big it was, and it frightened even him???? OMG give me a break.

And I have to give you props. I've never seen such an extensive list of names for the male 'part' lol. Some of them are just horrible. I personally hate....phallus. Ugg, don't know why but it really irks me.

8/24/2006 11:51:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another lurker, waving hello from Chicago! I just want to say, Book Bitches you rock! I love this site!!!

8/25/2006 12:00:00 AM  

Blogger C-Dub :o) said...

My girlfriends and I went through all of these and at times were bursting at the seams from some of the names. My fiance tried his hand at one, and murmured "ummmm...purple yohgurt slinger?" and we told him that no one would want to touch that.

Thanks so much for the post. I definitely enjoyed the dragon writhing beneath his trousers. Time to unleash the beast!

Thanks again!

8/25/2006 12:10:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hilarious penis terms, penis model, penis talks. The only thing missing is the bottom part of that cropped picture. Harlot, we demand complete satisfaction!

8/25/2006 03:55:00 AM  

Blogger VioletEyedDreamz said...

Okay, all I have to says is DAAAYYYMMMNNN what books are you reading because I want to read them.

Seriously I haven't heard of half of these, but I will say that the female euphemisms are just as bad, and there is one author in particular that reuses velvet sheath. Ugghh.

8/25/2006 08:27:00 AM  

Blogger Girlie said...

LOL!

I love this post!

HA ha. sorry, am incoherent after seing that junction on his thighs

8/25/2006 08:59:00 AM  

Blogger Unknown said...

"This is something a 10 yr old would say therfore it doesn't belong in a romance novel)"

GWB, LMAO, you are so right!

yay, can finally post. Trollop, apprently blogger hates me too!

I didn't get past "Love's sweet arrow" was laughing too hard...

8/25/2006 09:03:00 AM  

Blogger Unknown said...

that was supposed to be 'apparently' err, I need spell check!

8/25/2006 09:05:00 AM  

Blogger Kate said...

Hot beef injection. or Tube Steak. Why do I hang out with weird guys that say things like this!?!

8/25/2006 09:23:00 AM  

Blogger K.E. Holland said...

Hey, I'm new around here, and I love your blog! :) I nearly died laughing at your penis list. Heehee. I do have a nitpick, though. Your reference to Mr. Darcy, I'm assuming, comes from Pride and Prejudice, yes? The Mr. Darcy from said novel is actually named Fitzwilliam, not Mark. Mark Darcy is only in Bridget Jones's Diary.

8/25/2006 10:49:00 AM  

Blogger Isabella said...

Heat seeking moisture missile LMAO Love this list! Too funny, I almost forgot about the hot naked dude standing deliciously in front of me!

Trollop, love that Big Cock Theory post. Still makes me laugh everytime!

8/25/2006 10:54:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

KE Holland,
Oh god, my mistake! That's suppose to be Mr. Darcy not MARK Darcy! (Fitzwilliam might be confusing to those who have yet to read P&P.) Yikes LOL. Well, i just love Bridget so much, you know? ;)

Okay, I should edit now LOL. Thanks for the correction! :D

8/25/2006 12:00:00 PM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

Kate, :P hot beef injection? Tube Steak? Are these supposed to be men's subtle ways of saying "suck me"?

8/25/2006 01:31:00 PM  

Blogger C Bradshaw said...

Jordis LOL! I love John Hughes films. Breakfast Club is great but I gotta say my favorite is Sixteen Candles. Love love love that movie!

GWB, I've already sent my CV to Harlot. LOL :P Harlot, I'm getting the job, right? LOL

8/25/2006 05:18:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was laughing at some of them and wondering what book ' the dragon of his desire writhed beneath his tight-streched trousers' came from when I sort of mis read the last line

and was trying to imagine what a moulting penis would moult

brain finally figured out what it would shedd and to prove I am in a strange place I thought to myself that is got to be far messier than vacuuming dog/cat hair up.

H.

8/25/2006 06:25:00 PM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

I can't believe I missed this yesterday! Harlot, love this post!!! LOL

My favorite's gotta be "the dragon of his desire" LMAO

You BBs are the best!

8/25/2006 06:35:00 PM  

Blogger Lily Moon said...

GWB, CB, I asked for him first! He should be mine!!!!

8/25/2006 06:59:00 PM  

Blogger Scott from Oregon said...

GWB-- You missed a few--

Herbie

Herbie Hancock

One eyed snake

Big Brad

Lizard

bishop

bishop basher

Mighty length of lily

Kong

Dong

Willie

Poker

Hot poker

Lincoln Log

Vienna Sausage

Peach

banana

piston

rod

and so on and so forth....

8/25/2006 09:05:00 PM  

Blogger Putita said...

LMAO! Harlot, heat seeking missile? Lance of love? Dragon of his desire? Are those still a penis?

Why can't they just use the clinical term "penis", if not cock? Nothing even remotely sexy about "manhood", "manroot" or "phallus".

Trollop, love your big cock theory! I have only recently discovered this blog so I've just read that post. You and Harlot rock!

8/25/2006 10:41:00 PM  

Blogger Dakota Cassidy said...

I am a personal fan of the might fuck-stick or the old meat whistle :)

Dakota :)

8/26/2006 01:50:00 AM  

Blogger romancelover said...

I don't know why but I laughed when I read "oh so aching cock."

8/26/2006 01:58:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the guy in the photo freaks me out. My long Schlong is purple from the navel down! I'd be looking at my cock (uh... If I had one..) if it seemed to be turning a pinky purple :-D

8/26/2006 04:37:00 AM  

Blogger The Archaeologist said...

i guess 'straining, thick and strong against his pants' would do it for me! loved the post. :)

8/26/2006 07:44:00 AM  

Blogger C Bradshaw said...

Petra, I love Jake Ryan! Sigh. I used to fantasize about that dude. LOL

8/26/2006 11:24:00 AM  

Blogger Lola Lovegood said...

Loved this! Still laughing like an idiot.

All those terms you posted are ridiculously funny but to me the worst by far is manroot. It sounds huge and disgusting like a plant uprooted or something ACCKK!

Great post!

8/26/2006 02:19:00 PM  

Blogger Polly King said...

Kudos to you, BBs. This is an impressive list, lol. Thanks for the laugh, ladies.

8/26/2006 10:23:00 PM  

Blogger green eyed godess said...

LMFAO!! tumescent tube of fire,the bald avenger... seriously

This post is great, can't stop laughing and the pic is HOT!

8/27/2006 01:18:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harlot, love this post! I showed it to my girlfriends and we had a laugh about it. lol

Gun Wielding, that's a nice list, but yeah, those are not purple prose. :P

8/28/2006 11:40:00 AM  

Blogger Polly King said...

Long Duck Dong always makes me laugh. He and her giant girlfriend. I think Jake Ryan looks like att Dillon. Aren't they related or something?

Nice list, GWB. There are countless penis names out there, some don't even make sense!

8/28/2006 09:48:00 PM  

Blogger Polly King said...

I mean Matt Dillon.

8/28/2006 09:49:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What was it Robin Williams called his?
Mister Happy!!!

8/29/2006 05:47:00 AM  

Blogger Scott from Oregon said...

Holy crap GWB! You've been eavesdropping in the men's locker room again...

8/29/2006 09:49:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh god, laughing so hard! You book bitches are great!

9/02/2006 03:17:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bald Avenger??? LOL, sounds like a comic book character!

And Schlong??? Seriously? People use that in literature? Omg, lol!

9/07/2006 03:41:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi girls, i've somehow come across this website/post and it surely looks like you enjoy having a laugh about this 'dragon of desire' we posess! While on the topic of penis' i thought i could ask you girls a question about oral sex that has always left me abit curious. When giving a head job do you enjoy it or is it just to please the bloke? All the blokes i know of say they enjoy to please but with women i've heard different...

1/12/2007 10:01:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Hullo Josh,
Surely your heat-seeking moisture missile will be pleased to know that there are women who love giving oral sex as much as receiving it.

It's not my favorite part in the menu (oh come on, i'd rather be the one receiving it!), but with the right bloke, it is fun. There's something about seeing your man getting delirious because of you. Also, the sense of power is such a turn on. Maybe you're on your knees but you've got him by the balls LOL. And there's this thing you can do with Nutella.. :P Very enjoyable indeed. ;)

Oh, you'll probably like this post:
Are men afraid of vibrators?

Welcome and i hope you post often!

1/12/2007 11:05:00 AM  

Blogger Unknown said...

One of my favorites is pork steeple.

5/03/2007 12:23:00 AM  

Blogger didi said...

OMFG... i'm so in love with this blog. hilarious, irreverent and full of references to cock. three of my all time fave things in this world!!

thanks for the posts. your wit is my new heroin.

9/26/2007 05:27:00 PM