Friday, January 5, 2007

Hold on to me and never let me go

I swear this is fate’s cruel joke on me perpetrated by Santa (bastard *sniff*). After that letter I sent him last Christmas, I am now being deluged with emotions I cannot contain. I guess the saying is true; Santa works in mysterious ways because all of a sudden I find myself... well... what can I say... *sigh* I’m uberly in love...

His name is John Thornton. We met in a mill he owned in the North. I have to admit my first impression of him wasn’t favorable at all. I thought that (despite his oozing swoonsomeness) he’s a nasty, uncaring maniac who believes himself superior of everybody else, especially of me. I actually witnessed him beating up a worker whom he caught smoking in the mill! *gasp* I know! (Long story but, of course, I now understand why he had to do it.) Eventually, as the gods of lurve would have it, I learned of what and who he truly is and, oh god, *sniff* what a blind fool I’d been!

I love everything about my John: his smile, his beautiful blue-grey eyes, his hands, his laugh, everything. He’s tall and dark and dirty and strong and intensely sensual and extremely sexy and oh-so-passionate and so fuckable in every way I want... *sigh* He is intelligent, charming, supportive, and totally, utterly, COMPLETELY devoted to his Harlot he makes me sigh like a nympho high on some aphrodisiac it should make me feel embarrassed LOL—but I actually rejoice that he does! I’ve never felt like this for anyone, that when he asked, “Coming home with me?” ay caramba... my heart went thump-thump-thumpity-thump I felt like my knickers melted and all I could do was faintly utter, “Take me, oh, take me.”

Is it possible to be completely taken that you feel like you have nothing left for anybody else? I am completely possessed and obsessed I can hardly breathe. We have such a wonderful relationship (it just started, yes, but it’ll last—we just know it *g*) even BBC thinks so. Yep. Can you believe they made our love story into a mini-series?! Granted they changed the setting and made it into a 19th century period piece, I have nothing to complain when they found the perfect actor to play my hero—and he looks exactly like my Mr. Thornton! Isn’t that amazing? ;)

BTW, a little warning: MR. THORNTON IS MINE!!! He doesn’t want anyone else but ME. He luuurves ME. Got that? Good. *g*


Labels: , ,


31 comment(s):

Blogger Lollie Rose said...

Harlot, you are a passionate woman and a crazy one to boot! Love it. ;)

So I take it this series is from BBC? I don't know it. Well I don't have BBC so that's probably the reason. Heh. Love the video, it makes me want to see it, and love your pic!

1/05/2007 04:01:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I love North and South. Mr Thornton is so hot! You knpw I actually like N&S better than P&P as, in my opinion, it has fire the latter is lacking.

Thanks for the video Harlot. I think the song is perfect for Mr Thornton. :)

Olly

1/05/2007 04:57:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lollie, North and South DVDs are available in Amazon. Just search for it and you won't miss it. If you like period series like Pride and Prejudice, you'll like N&S. :)

Olly

1/05/2007 05:05:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Forgive the stupid post title but can't think of anything and it's in the song.. :/ Will replace it when i think of something better. Anyway, Lollie, you have to see NORTH & SOUTH. Fab mini series.

And ladies, please, Mr Thornton's MINE! ;P

1/05/2007 05:21:00 PM  

Blogger Tisty said...

er actually Harlot Mr Thornton is mine!!!. Now I don't wish to have a scrag fight over this and ruin what has been a very nice cyber relation ship but if you don't get your lustful eyes offa my man I'm going to have to bitch slap you into next century. (which takes you two centurys away from my John!)

Don't get me wrong, I understand your problem. he is the purfect balance of smoulder and sulky. but its just that we have been seeing each other for some time. We met across a crowded room and I knew I had to have more, so now I see him on my lonesome when ever I want. Which is often!!!

But If you like you can have Mr Darcy, but I had better warn you that mr rochester is also otherwise engaged

:-D

1/05/2007 05:54:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Tisty, oh dear Tisty... Erm, actually i heard of ya. My Mr. Thornton is verra honest with me you see, we have no secrets from each other. Uh-hmm. He told me about you; i believe he said you fancy yourself in love with him. Oh well, can't say that i blame you.. :/

Speaking of cyber relationship, you owe me an email!!! With a pic! :P

1/05/2007 06:23:00 PM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

Oh Mr Thornton.. Mr Rochester is hot too! Jane Eyre's adaptation was surprisingly good, I have to say.

Thanks for the video Harlot. Good pic. Love this song and that last kissing scene on the train station... sigh..

1/05/2007 06:49:00 PM  

Blogger Lily Moon said...

Harlot, take me oh take me? LMAO!

Anyway whoever this Mr Thornton is, he's very hot.

1/05/2007 07:04:00 PM  

Blogger Petra said...

I love this series as well. Did you gals watch Robin Hood? The first season just ended but Mr Thornton is in there too. He's the villain this time. Of course that doesn't mean he's less gorgeous. Love the video Harlot!

1/05/2007 08:16:00 PM  

Blogger Marg said...

So this is the bloke you have been gushing over on PS!!!

I didn't really see it until that last scene just before they kiss where you see him in the white shirt and vest thing...then I saw it!!

1/05/2007 08:26:00 PM  

Blogger Mailyn said...

LOL Harlot you crack me up. I thought at first you were telling us about your offline boyfriend.

1/05/2007 08:50:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harlot, you always crack me up. Love your pic. ;-) I know of this BBC series but I've yet to see it. The video makes it very interesting and I'd love to see it one of these days. I do love Pride and Prejudice so much I don't think any mini-series can eclipse it. Who says it lacks fire? I beg to differ. Really love Ehle and Firth. I think they did a wonderful job. :)

1/05/2007 08:57:00 PM  

Blogger Rachel said...

OMG, this is funny. I thought you were talking about your real BF! When you said mini-series in BBC I thought, huh? What BBC?? LMAO!!

Love your pic (you look beautiful as always) and the video too. This actually made my night. Thanks!

1/05/2007 09:31:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Lurved that musicvideo! It definitely looks like my kind of show *sigh*

Muchos Gracias, Harlot, for another well-done bit of entertainment :D

1/05/2007 09:31:00 PM  

Blogger Jolie said...

Loved the video! This looks like something I'll enjoy. You know I haven't even seen BBC's Pride and Prejudice which everyone is gushing about. I just don't see how Colin Firth could be that attractive. LOL. :P

1/06/2007 07:34:00 AM  

Blogger Isabella said...

Love the video Harlot! The song fits Mr. Thornton perfectly. Damn... he is so hot.

I've seen Robin Hood and Mr. Thornton is really bad there. Actually more than bad, loathsome, but I actually like that series. The gang is so funny and the Sheriff is brilliant and Robin is very cute! I read BBC is extending it for another season when it's supposed to have just one. Yay!

1/06/2007 11:01:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harlot, you are so funny. Your Mr. Thornton is a very lucky man. ;-) I'm with Aggie however as I think he is too brooding and blatantly sexy for my peace of mind. Great video.

~Andy~

1/06/2007 11:40:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Of course he's my real honeybunch!!! *rollseyes* Honestly... Anyway, :P have yet to see JANE EYRE, but i am now in the process of getting a copy.

I like ROBIN HOOD too! Wouldn't have found out about it if not for my Mr Thornton. Saw the 13 episodes last week. Robin is such a cutie! I think he's verra verra charming and can charm a rock if he wants to. But my heart belongs to Mr Thornton... *sigh* can't do anything about it. Even if he's totally detestable in this series! But no matter really... By taking me in holy wedlock, i'll wash away his crimes. My pure heart... *ahem* will cleanse his. (For RH fans. ;P)

1/06/2007 01:03:00 PM  

Blogger Lorelei said...

So Harlot, this is the lucky man eh? He's always scowling but when he smiled on that last scene.. ah... there it is.

1/06/2007 02:50:00 PM  

Blogger rainman said...

Dearest Harlot; you have so much yet so aim for so little... surely you can fearlessly set sights higher and aim for a 'real' man, the real John Thornton. I of course took the liberty of contacting him on your behalf and forsooth here is his reply, verbatim.. "..Oh yeah? Tell that bitch she sees me she gonna want me bad.." Please do not forget who brought you kids together when you send the wedding invites. Respectfully Yours,
and
Admirer from afar,
DG

1/07/2007 02:29:00 PM  

Blogger rainman said...

Ah yes, how could i forget...John Thornton's personal site

http://www.jt97.com/

1/07/2007 02:31:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Hi Rainman,
God, am so tired. Anyway, i'm afraid you and i are speaking of different matters. But who could fault us really, especially when names like John and Thornton are too common even I used to call a once beloved plant "Thornton"! (It's dead now. *sniff*) However, surely you'll be pleased to know that "MY John Thornton" is, for a lack of a better metaphor, prime steak. Besides, do I strike you as an incompetent fool when it comes to men? *g*

To torture a metaphor (again LOL), if I'm going to give up different burgers with different garnishes with different type of breads, that damn prime steak I have at home better complement it all. ;)

P.S. I thank you for your concern and welcome. Tell your John Thornton i'm flattered really, but he can cross me from his list of women who might want him badly. ;P

1/07/2007 03:44:00 PM  

Blogger pilgrimchick said...

The great thing about English TV is that you can actually see stuff like this on a regular evening television line-up rather than only on PBS here in the US. Here's to the classically gorgeous man over 25 years old in a role that requires actual thought to pull off accurately.

1/07/2007 05:18:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harlot, why must you torment me so? You can't seriously like this bloke... you'll be tired of him in a week.

1/07/2007 08:32:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

George,
Even with my wicked heart and heathenishly ways, i swear, it's never my intention to torment you. ;)

1/08/2007 09:09:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HE WAS MINE FIRST!!!! Hehe!!
Love Charlotte
P.S he actually WAS. My friend & I were swooning about him way back in '04 and I have the DVD :-P
Hehhe!

1/08/2007 11:57:00 AM  

Blogger Polly King said...

I've read Elizabeth Gaskell's book but I didn't find North and South as good as Pride and Prejudice contrary to many who compare the two novels. I have to admit though that your Mr. Thonrton, Harlot, is definitely more handsome than Mr. Darcy. ;)

1/08/2007 01:28:00 PM  

Blogger Vanessa said...

OMG, Harlot, you crack me up. First I thought - wow, good for Harlot. But after I saw the bit about mini-series... alright it's still good that you're in love, lol. Your Mr. Thonrnton is very handsome albeit too "dark" for my taste. ;P

1/08/2007 07:00:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You wound me dear Harlot....
yet I am still here admiring.

1/08/2007 07:56:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky Harlot. Mr. Thornton is wonderful. So is Margaret. North and South is a fantastic well-done series with exemplary cast and great story line that will keep you watching. In fact, you'll wish the ending didn't come so soon! I think it's the best (definitely better than Pride and Prejudice) British period miniseries ever produced.

1/10/2007 05:48:00 PM  

Blogger Maria said...

WOW! ~M

I am going to have to find this show... at the end when his shirt is unbuttoned... Wow! lol

1/15/2007 08:40:00 PM