Friday, December 29, 2006

Thoughts of the day

I just got home from a wake. I should be grieving for a life lost, but whilst I was sitting there for two hours waiting for my mom to finish catching up with yet another unknown aunt, I couldn’t help but think of some things:
  • How much I hate going to any gathering where old relatives would be present. “Did you gain weight, dear?” “Where’s your boyfriend?” “Goodness, child, what do you mean you’re not getting married?”

  • Even with my very sweet letter to Santa, he still hasn’t brought me the gift I want. UN-FUCKING-BELIEVABLE. (He said he’s still looking!!! *grrr*)

  • Dreaming about Nutella cheesecake is not funny when I am gaining weight as I breathe. I know it’s the bloody holidays but that’s not an excuse to eat non-stop! Not even when said cheesecake was being fed to me by a yummilicious Greek god. *pause* Wait. *thinking* Er—no, fatty! (Though the yummilicious Greek god is verra welcome. Heh. :P)

  • I did an incredibly stupid stupid STUPID thing this Christmas which I’d promised myself I will never EVER do. And I can’t stop thinking about it. :S Oh god... *cringe* Trollop will strangle me.

  • Just because a certain someone has an emotional range of a teaspoon DOESN’T MEAN I HAVE IT TOO! *seethes* Fucker.

  • Thinking of interesting things someone could do with leftover Christmas ribbons and bubble-wrap and scissors. 1) Strip me naked. 2) Coil bubble-wrap around me, from underarms to shins. 3) Tie ribbon around my waist to prevent me wriggling. 4) Grab me, listen to my squeals of delight while he pop the bubbles. 5) Cut hole in bubble-wrap. 6) Have his uber wicked way with me. Oh my...

  • What’s the best book I’ve read this year, worst book, books I’m looking forward to... Harry Potter and the Deathly Horrible Title Seven definitely top that list.
What about you? Any thoughts you want to share with us? What about your best and worst books of 2006? Or books coming out in 2007 you can’t wait to get your hands on?

Labels: , , ,


22 comment(s):

Blogger Polly King said...

Sigh, I was expecting more eye candy today. Kidding. :P

Harlot, I'm sorry for your lost but I have to say this, I love what you would do with the bubble wrap!

For my BEST READS:
1. HP series (if I have to choose which is my favorite, book 6)
2. Here Be Dragons - Sharon Penman
3. Running with Scissors - A Burroughs
4. Princess - Gaelen Foley (thanks to this blog)
4. Match Me If You Can - SE Phillips

WORST:
Cell - Stephen King

LOOKING FORWARD TO:
1. HP and the Deathly Hallows!!!
2. Natural Born Charmer - SEP
3. Anything Nora Roberts

12/29/2006 02:27:00 PM  

Blogger Polly King said...

Apparently I don't know what's next after 4. Ack!

12/29/2006 02:29:00 PM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

"Emotional range of a teaspoon"? LOL! I wonder who this is. :)

First, Harlot, you are NOT fat. My average body is already insecure with yours so stop saying that!

Second, I can't believe even an innocent bubblewrap would get naughty-fied by you! :P

Now my list:
Best book - Read a lot of good books this year but I just finished JK Ward's LOVER AWAKENED and I loved it, so there!

Worst book - SIMPLY UNFORGETTABLE, Mary Balogh

Looking forward to: SEP's Natural Born Charmer, SK's Dream Hunter, if McNaught and Crusie have any new books coming out, then those too.

12/29/2006 03:25:00 PM  

Blogger Vanessa said...

Harlot, I have the same dream of a Greek god with cheesecake, but he's the one doing the eating. Ahem! lol

Best books -
Twelve Sharp
The Other Boleyn Girl
Rachel's Holiday
Seize the Night

Books of 2007 that I want -
Ash's book (dark-hunter, no title yet--I can't wait!!!)
HP Book 7
Natural Born Charmer
The Dream Hunter
Plum Lovin by Janet Evanovich
Patience by Lisa Valdez

12/29/2006 04:43:00 PM  

Blogger Petra said...

Harlot, Santa should hurry in delivering your gift. He's late already!

Best book -
The Broze Horseman (thank you bitches ;))
Tatiana and Alexander
In the Time of the Butterflies by Julia Alvarez

Worst book -
Blonde Heat by Susan Johnson

Book I'm most anxious to have:
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

12/29/2006 05:24:00 PM  

Blogger Tisty said...

jeez girls your making me feel bad as I've read almost nothing this year and certainly nothing that rocked my world. 2007 better have this prob fixed or I'll be having word with....well someone both imoportant and interested!

Emotional range of a teaspoon???!?! heheheh. I'd love to know what said bit of cutlery did to piss you off so! And what is trollop going to be cross at you for??? Come on you can share with us we wont tell anyone:D!

12/29/2006 05:45:00 PM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

I'm with Tisty. Come on Harlot, share with us. ;P

12/29/2006 05:55:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Oh yikes, Tisty!!! So sorry i know i owe you an email! I promise to send it tomorrow. Preparing for bed now, i should sleep.. *sigh*

About THE MOST INSENSITIVE WART I HAVE THE MISFORTUNE TO MEET, well, let's just say he is making me soooo MAD i can't even think! Before the wake, had a shouting thing with this bastard one of our maids heard us and panicked and called our gardener. She thought i was being attacked or something. Ohgod, that was embarrassing. :S (Actually, he's also related to the stupid thing i mentioned. Oh well.. :S I'm beginning to hate this holiday, really!)

12/29/2006 06:25:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

For those of you who don't know, our friend Tisty, also known as SARAH BROPHY, is going to have her first evah book released this coming January 2. :D YAY! Look out for our interview with her first week of January. ;) In the meantine, go check out her book MIDNIGHT EYES. Did you see that Rodrigo Santoro look alike on the cover???

12/29/2006 06:32:00 PM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

Good god Harlot, are you okay? (I honestly don't know if I should worry about you or not. LOL.)

Tisty, love your book cover! Looking forward to your interview. :)

12/29/2006 06:55:00 PM  

Blogger Lollie Rose said...

Harlot, emotional range of a teaspoon?? LMAO!

Whoever this bastard is, I feel sorry for him. I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of your wrath. :P

I can only think of the best books: Bet Me
Kill and Tell
Rachel's Holiday
Devil in Winter
The Other Boleyn Girl
Something Borrowed
Dark-Hunter books

Books I'm looking forward to:
Anything by Jennifer Cruise, SEP, Lisa Kleypas.

12/29/2006 07:28:00 PM  

Blogger Lollie Rose said...

Tisty, I'm looking forward to your interview as well. :)

12/29/2006 07:30:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, so I came up to this little town to visit my mom for the holidays and went to the bar for a drink with my mom. This guy I met 3 years ago, in the same bar, was there. He heard I was in town and came up because he heard I broke up with the bf and thought I was sexy ;)

Anyway, we had a few drinks, ok a lot, and he walked me out to my designated driver's car (my mom's car) and he gave me a hug and then kissed me. Now here I am haven't kissed anyone but my ex in 8 years (we started dating when I was 17 almost 18 and broke up a few months before my 26 birthday) so I was a little nervous. This guy is 6'1, nice muscles (he works in construction), nice smile/teeth, green eyes, dark hair and smelled WONDERFUL. He is funny, sweet and a good dancer.

So, here I am, knowing he is gonna kiss me, I'm nervous since I haven't kissed but 1 person in 8/9 years and he is hot and then we kiss. His STUPID tounge ring that I previously thought might be fun, kept hitting my teeth and he kissed like he had a snake tounge, darting in and out. How disappointing :(

12/29/2006 07:31:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harlot LMAO! You do have a way with words. Emotional range of a teaspoon. LOL!

I can't wait for book 7 too!

Olly

12/29/2006 07:52:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Danielle, nah, don't worry. ;) Getting ready to go to the wake again. Have no idea how it's done in other countries, but here, wake for like three days and then the funeral.

Anyway, be back later!

12/30/2006 06:57:00 AM  

Blogger Ladybug said...

Harlot, whoever this "insensitive wart" is, I hope you'll feel better next time you see him. ;)

I think the whole world is waiting for Harry's last book. I'm beginning to feel the excitement too with HP5's trailer and then JKR's announcement of book 7's title.

Best books: Shopaholic series

12/30/2006 09:25:00 AM  

Blogger Maria said...

Sorry about whoever that is with the emotional range of a teaspoon... he must have a lot of cousins because I think I have seemed to meet a few myself ... yes no typo I did say a few!

Favorite books I read this year:
*Kite Runner Khaled Hussein
*Jan Burkes Bloodlines
*A Year of Magical Thinking Jaon Didion
*Time Traveller's Wife

Like you I can't wait for the New Harry Potter!

All the best and a Happy New Year filled with Love lots and lots, Laughter till your side hurts and Health! ~M

12/30/2006 11:54:00 AM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

Whoever that is with the emotional range of a teaspoon (hehehe) is an idiot.

Best books:
Time Traveler's Wife
Shadowheart by Laura Kinsale
Naked by David Sedaris

12/30/2006 12:54:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harlot LOL! You are funny when you're mad. :P

Favortie books this year:
The Book Thief - Markus Zusak
Anybody Out There? - Marian Keyes
The Undomestic Goddess - Kinsella
The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini
Devil in Winter - Lisa Kleypas

Most hated book:
Micah - Laurell K Hamilton

Most anticipated books:
The next Temeraire and Harry Potter

12/30/2006 05:56:00 PM  

Blogger Sherry said...

Harlot, Trollop, and all of the other fabulous women who come here - Have a Happy New Year!

I hope that you all ring it in with some nice alcohol and an even better orgasm!

12/31/2006 12:06:00 AM  

Blogger ValVega said...

HATE THE NEW HP TITLE; hate hate hate hate hate it!!!!!!!!

12/31/2006 10:15:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm 1/2 way through HP 2! I'm really liking it. Thanks ladies.

1/03/2007 07:09:00 PM