Thursday, December 21, 2006

Harry Potter 7 title revealed!

HURRAH! One step closer to the uber most awaited book of 2007!!!

No, no. No publication date yet (you wish :P) or I would have been dancing like a deliriously drunk loony elf by now. However, according to the entry posted earlier on J.K. Rowling’s website:


I’m now writing scenes that have been planned, in some cases, for a dozen years or even more. I don’t think anyone who has not been in a similar situation can possibly know how this feels: I am alternately elated and overwrought. I both want, and don’t want, to finish this book (don’t worry, I will.)

For years now, people have asked me whether I ever dream that I am ‘in’ Harry’s world. The answer was ‘no’ until a few nights ago, when I had an epic dream in which I was, simultaneously, Harry and the narrator.


She’s still writing the finale. Honestly, fans loosing their minds while waiting for her book is her idea of fun! Told ya, she’s doing this deliberately to torture us!!!

*Breathe* Anyway, the sadistic witch set up a little test for HP fans:

1. Go to jkrowling.com. Click on the eraser on her desk.
2. Click the knob on the open door in the mirror to see the Christmas tree.
3. Click on the top half of the main door to see a wreath.
4. Click on the top of the mirror to reveal a garland.
5. They will all go away if you click the spider web next to the mirror.
6. Click on the fourth chime in the window and the key for the door.
7. Drag the key to the door knob to unlock the door.
8. The door opens to reveal a package.
9. When you click the bow, the package will open.
10. Inside is a game of Hangman you can play to guess the title of HP7!

Jumping hippogriff, *gasp* talk about a deadly title! Makes me wonder more who she is going to kill next, that maniac... Er, yeah—almost forgot. For the lazies out there, you can just watch the step by step video below to reveal the title:




Labels: ,


19 comment(s):

Blogger Polly King said...

Jesus, I finally did it. LOL.

I think it's a very interesting title. Very sinister. Oh...I can't wait! :D

12/21/2006 03:47:00 PM  

Blogger Girlie said...

Is that really the title? Waaaah! I don't want the series of end. I have finally fallen in love to most characters although years and years too late, and now they've gone and died!

12/21/2006 04:47:00 PM  

Blogger Unknown said...

This title is WAY too depressing! I'm having a love/hate relationship with this book before it even comes out! Gah!

12/21/2006 05:29:00 PM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

Thanks Harlot. But what kind of title is that? That's too... morose! Ohmygod, now I'm beginning to wonder too who's going to be killed in book 7!

12/21/2006 06:01:00 PM  

Blogger Vanessa said...

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!

I think it's a good title. Very intriguing! And that little "game", what a fun Christmas gift from JKR! Thanks Harlot!

12/21/2006 06:11:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this is a bad title. I think "deadly" is more menacing than "deathly" still... I'm getting scared for Harry!

~Andy~

12/21/2006 06:43:00 PM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

Very interesting title. Like all the world, I'm waiting for book 7 but I really don't want to see Harry go. :(

12/22/2006 03:26:00 AM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

What's the specific difference between "deadly" and "deathly"? They sound the same to me. LOL. Wonder what that means...

12/22/2006 03:29:00 AM  

Blogger Jolie said...

Love the little game Ms. Rowling prepared!

For me, I think "deathly" sounds more evil. It's subtle but it's more effective, like it pertains to a goodly amount of death or something. LOL. Very interesting! :D

12/22/2006 03:43:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

From Answer.com:

DEATHLY
adj.
1. Of, resembling, or characteristic of death: a deathly silence.
2. Causing death; fatal.

adv.
1. In the manner of death.
2. Extremely; very: The night was deathly cold.



DEADLY
adj., -li·er, -li·est.
1. Causing or tending to cause death: deadly weapons; a deadly spill of radioactive waste products. See synonyms at fatal.
2. Suggestive of death: a deadly pallor.
3. Aiming or wanting to kill; implacable: deadly enemies.
4.
1. Destructive in effect: gave the film a deadly review.
2. Tending to take away vitality, effectiveness, or force: the deadly habit of procrastination.
5. Absolute; utter: deadly concentration.
6. Extreme or terrible: worked under deadly strain.
7. Extremely accurate; unerring: She is a deadly shot with the bow.
8. Dull, tedious, and boring: a deadly prose style.

adv.
1. So as to suggest death.
2. To an extreme: deadly serious.


Er, they sound the same to me... :/ LOL

12/22/2006 03:58:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

I think the title suggests it's a place. Maybe it's where Harry will find some of the horcruxes or something..

12/22/2006 04:00:00 AM  

Blogger Lily Moon said...

Thanks Harlot! This reminds me of the time JKR revealed the title for book 6. Everyone started talking about who's the half-blood prince. It's Voldemort they said. I don't think people thought it was Snape. Hahahaha!

12/22/2006 04:26:00 AM  

Blogger Isabella said...

Finally, book 7!!!

That was fun. :D I couldn't put the key in at first. LOL. The title reminds me of Halloween, All Hallow's Eve. Maybe something deadly will happen in Halloween or something? Ohhhhh I can't wait!!!!

12/22/2006 11:49:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Izzie, that's a good idea too. :D

Lily, have to say i'm one of those who'd thought Voldy is the half blood prince. LOL Oh i can't wait for Book 7!!!

12/22/2006 02:34:00 PM  

Blogger Polly King said...

Maybe the title refers to Godrick's Hollow? That village where James and Lily died.

I don't think the title is that catchy though, but it's better than "Harry Potter and the Horcruxes". That sounds like a stinker rock and roll band. LOL!

12/22/2006 04:16:00 PM  

Blogger Petra said...

OMG, I'd heard about this on the news. I'm glad there's a title already, but what I'm really waiting for is the released date! I am so excited, I can't wait!!!!

P.S. I hope this time Jo kills Umbridge and Percy. I hate them both!

12/23/2006 09:14:00 AM  

Blogger Lollie Rose said...

OMG! I almost didn't see this!!! That's a... what's the word? Threatening? It's such a negative title. Doesn't bode well for Harry. Not that JKR has ever led Harry through an easy path! What does Deathly Hallows means anyway?

12/23/2006 11:53:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK ladies, for my drive up north to visit my mom over the holidays I got HP book 1 on cd and I am almost done with it. I got book 2 for the way home so I am catching up. Happy now? LOL

12/29/2006 07:08:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, so I am WAY behind in the whole Harry Potter thing, on on your words of encouragement ladies, I rented books 1 and 2 from the library (on cd) and I am almost done with book 2 at this point, Chamber Of Secrets I think it is called. So anyway, since I am just getting into HP, please bear with me on my out dated questions and comments.

Snape, WTF is the deal? Here is a full grown adult being a fucker to kids because he is pissiy about something from childhood/early adulthood? What a bastard! I hope he dies, soon.

I'm getting book 3 when it is returned to the library. It is due 1-13. There are 3 copies and all are out. What the hell little kids?!? Try actually READING the damn book so us adults can have the cd books! We ar busier than you and bigger too so hurry and return the damn thing already or I'll steal your bike! LOL.

1/06/2007 01:06:00 AM