Thursday, November 8, 2007

10 little things about Sarah McCarty

Hullo gorgeous readers. It’s our pleasure to have with us one of the hottest and most beloved erotic romance authors in the land, Sarah McCarty. I’m sure you guys either know or have heard of her already (if you haven’t, you don’t know what you’re missing!). Her “Promise” series—Promises Linger, Promises Keep, Promises Prevail—has won TONS of awards, and by tons I mean more than twenty! *gasp* I do love myself some cowboys and these western historicals have been described as “Deadwood meets erotic romance by readers.” They sound yummy, don’t they? *g*

Sarah has a new book out, Caine’s Reckoning, the first in her “Hell’s Eight” series, another uber uber hot western romance that will steal your heart. As a big yippee-ki-yay to celebrate its release, she has gracefully offered to raffle a copy of Caine’s Reckoning and one of Promises Linger for two of our lovely readers, YAY! All you gotta do is leave a comment telling us which one you’d prefer and we’ll include you in the contest.

Oh, BTW, Sarah will be at eharlequin.com on November 12-16th to chat with you heathens. So if you have any questions, indecent propositions, click here. ;) Don’t forget to drop by her website for more information. Now, as a preview of her guest blog, here are some facts about her:

1. Favorite comfort food: Chocolate in any form. Heck, in a pinch I might even go for Exl-ax. As long as it tasted like chocolate.

2. Weirdest thing you like to eat: I do not eat weird food. Can’t look too bizarre and *shudder* cannot have an odd texture. It must be identifiable even if it’s spiced up/dressed up/alternately displayed. I’m very predictable that way. Wait. *sigh* Must ’fess up. A friend has mentioned my favorite grilled cheese sandwich made with fresh tomato and horseradish, but since we stole that off a restaurant menu, it can’t be that weird. It is, however, addictively good. (Hubby and I are big cooks.)

3. Favorite TV show and/or favorite movie: Mash, Ladyhawke and/or Galaxy Quest. Murphy’s Romance is by far my favorite romance. With great character actors like Sally Field and James Garner and a kick ass script I never get tired of watching it. I always start the Holiday season watching Christmas vacation. We turn it on while putting up the tree the day after Thanksgiving. Puts me in the mood for the holidays. *G*

4. If you could wake up tomorrow in the body of someone else currently living, whom would you pick? I’ve never even thought about this one and after a day or two of contemplating, cannot come up with an answer. I’m pretty happy with who I am.

5. 3 things you never leave your house without: Cell phone, laptop, wallet. Pretty much I like to be prepared for anything and those three things do it.

6. Last movie you watched: White Lies. It was surprisingly good.

7. Man (besides hubby) you think is too gorgeous for your peace of mind: Tyrese Gibson. The man has looks, body and most importantly radiates personality.

8. Book you’re reading right now: The Great Deluge by Douglas Brinkley

9. What one toiletry item could you never live without? Toothpaste. Green teeth are sooo unattractive.

10. Which famous person, now dead, do you wish you could have seen naked? I’ve decided my mind just doesn’t work this way. All I’m mentally conjuring in an attempt to answer this question is images of stripped corpses in various stages of decay strutting their stuff. *shudder*


Related:

Labels:


29 comment(s):

Blogger Tara Dean said...

She seems like a pretty down to Earth person, which is always refreshing.

11/08/2007 12:54:00 PM  

Blogger Carrie said...

Please include me!! You lovely bitches are helping me find way too many books to read, which I didn't need help with in the first place. *sigh* I'm taking out plenty of loans for school, why not spend them on books I really want?

Carrie

11/08/2007 01:13:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Tara and Carrie, you got to tell us which book you prefer: Caine's Reckoning or Promises Linger. Sorry, my bad as i forgot to include it on the post. (It's there now, heh. :P)

11/08/2007 01:58:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been waiting for this for weeks. WEEKS.

What took you so long to post? And Trollop wouldn't even let me have a sneak peak. She is as bad as Harlot says.

Oh, come on Sarah, tell us the truth. There has to be some weird combination of foods you like. Or am I just too weird to believe there are actual normal people ou there? LMAO

11/08/2007 01:58:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, just saw Harlot's comment. I already have these titles (taking special time out to read them this w/e). I will stay out of the running but crossing my fingers to win Suzanne.

11/08/2007 02:01:00 PM  

Blogger ValVega said...

I would like to enroll for Cain's Reckoning please.

*man wearing fake mustache/nose/glasses*

11/08/2007 02:11:00 PM  

Blogger Carrie said...

Since this is a new author for me I will go with Promises Linger as my choice. *fingers crossed*

Thanks!
Carrie

11/08/2007 02:11:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

YOU
ARE
NOT
QUALIFIED
TO
JOIN!!!
Ebil man wearing fake mustache/nose/glasses! *hmph*

11/08/2007 02:13:00 PM  

Blogger ValVega said...

Well I've never....

I will not be treated this way *hmmph*!

I have been kicked out of better blogs than this LOL

*man wearing fake mustache/nose/glasses*

11/08/2007 02:16:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

*snort* I'm sure EVERYONE has kicked you out. I would recognize your fake nose and heart glasses and nasty red mustache anywhere--to my unending horor. *shudder*

11/08/2007 02:19:00 PM  

Blogger Isabella said...

Caine's Reckoning!!! You guys are the best! :D

Sarah, I love Lady Hawke. I remember watching it all the time. LOL

11/08/2007 02:25:00 PM  

Blogger Sara, Ms Adventures in Italy said...

Not sure you want to send international, but I'd love a copy of Caine's Reckoning here in Italy. Why no e-version available?? :(

11/08/2007 02:52:00 PM  

Blogger Petra said...

You two crack me up!

Everyone is saying Caine's Reckoning so I pick Promises Linger. That way I have a bigger chance of winning. :D

Tyrese Gibson is hot!

11/08/2007 02:57:00 PM  

Blogger Sara, Ms Adventures in Italy said...

Hmm...delete stupid (self-generated) comment or leave it?

Found e-book version. Doh. (the eharlequin link you had gave it away) All the previous reviews of it never linked to the online version! Super doh.

11/08/2007 02:59:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi beautiful bookbitches!

I want one I want one. Pick me! I'm a book pimp and if I love it, it will sell LMAO!

I'd love to try the Promises series :D

11/08/2007 04:47:00 PM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

Me too! I want the book too! I want to try Promises Linger :D

11/08/2007 05:47:00 PM  

Blogger Anne said...

I must say... Promises Linger is my favorite of Sarah's books... and of all the books she's got, Caine's Reckoning is #2. Caine holds a very close second to Asa.

I love Sarah's books. She so totally rocks.

11/08/2007 06:17:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone-

Seriously, I have a varied taste in food, but I don't know what's weird. Does it count if my Mom eats weird (shudder) stuff? She is right now in my kitchen eating (I'm gagging just thinking about it, SARDINES OUT OF A CAN!! Seriously, that's gross enough to gag maggots!!!

As for ebooks- (blane this on Trollop and Harlot. *wail* They gave me no guidance!) I can give anyone an ecopy of one of my Ellora's books, but I just have no way to do an ecopy of Caine's Reckoning. As for overseas, I do that all the time so no big deal. Can't ship to Vietnam and such because of censorship laws, but if it's legal, I can do it. *G*

I'm glad someone besides me thinks Tyrese is hot. *yum*

And who is this man in disguise with fake nose heart glasses and red mustache? *pering for a better look*

11/08/2007 06:31:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, which to choose, which to choose? I think Caine's Reckoning, please. And may I sob to you that I never win anything, so pick me?
And I have enjoyed seeing all of Sarah's witty comments lately. (truly not trying to suck up, I swear!)

11/08/2007 07:35:00 PM  

Blogger lisabea said...

Galaxy Quest. *snarfle chort*

11/08/2007 07:41:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Favorite moment line form Galaxy Quest:

The creepy creatures discover them as they are trying to salvage the Barillium Sphere. The guy named Guy (an extra with no last name which in TV world is an indicator they're soon to die) who has already asked them if they ever *watched* the show? He's out of there, a good 30 yards ahead of the jaws with feet crowd, and the rest of the crew are only a skip and a jump ahead of death, but do they think they're in danger. Apparetnly not as the woman screams with all sincerity, "Hurry, before they kill guy!"

11/08/2007 10:25:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, I see typos. Darn, I was hoping to get away without having any. Might as well confess. *Tugging crown out of back pack and arranging regally on head.* I am the queen of typos. Anyone want to compete for this very hard earned title? *G*

11/08/2007 11:40:00 PM  

Blogger Carrie said...

Haha, Sarah you have won a new convert whether I win the free book or not. I like your sense of humor and from what the bookbitches say it sounds like I'll definitely like the books!

Carrie

11/09/2007 12:20:00 AM  

Blogger Jolie said...

Galaxy Quest *G* Alan Rickman as a Spock knock off... hilarious movie.

11/09/2007 01:51:00 AM  

Blogger Tara Dean said...

Oh okay

mmm
Promises Linger
:)

11/09/2007 02:26:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Wail* I am reduced to dial-up! My cable is out. Again. So I have to dial a mainland number to a dial up connection. (thank goodness for unlimited minutes) Damn! But life is tedious at 2800 baud. (I have reverted to the Dark Ages. Next it will be the Droit de Seigneur (I think I mixed languages there *G*) and plague!)

To think I have complained to the point I have my own personal minion at the corporate level and I still can't get a constant signal. I actually think my minion is the boss of many other minions. I suspect this because after 3 months of corporate fussing at the local office with no result, and being moved up to supervisors and more supervisors, I got this call from a deep voiced male that gave me his name with that air of confidence executives like to wield as he informs me that he has taken over my case and this will be resolved for me by days end. Now, having been dealing with this for a year, I have a natural skepticism, but I give him the obligatory flare of faked excitement and gratitude. He detects my doubt. However, I can tell from his tone that this is personal and he intends to succeed where all others have failed so maybe it will work. (the island crew is pretty set in their ways and they insist that saying they did a job is the equivalent of actually doing it.) I wish him luck and a very big stick, virtual or otherwise (I'm a little annoyed with the company at this point.)

Bottom line, Three days later he calls back. The problem is not resolved, he has that same frustrated frayed edge to his tone that I'm used to hearing from corporate, and I, naturally could not resist asking questions that point out the obvious.

Me: "Just how high up on the food chain are you?"
Him: Silence then. "Pretty High."
Me with resigned disappointment: "But not high enough to have a Mel Brookes moment and decree "Off with their heads?"
Him: Longer silence then a chuckle. "No."
Me: "So you're saying we're going to be chatting a lot during the course of my relationship with your company?"
Him "Probably."
Me: "You know that's going to cost you, don't you? I mean, don't offer up my wit and scintillating knack for dialogue to just anyone for just anything."
Him: "We can give you ten percent off the next three months."
Me, thinking so not enough. "A man in your position in the company can certainly do better than that. I mean, you raised my hopes, made promises…"
Him: Another pause and then laughter as I mentally picture him shaking his head. "That's our standard compensation."
Me ready with my coup de grace and a smile he couldn't see: "But the fact that I'm talking to you at all means I am deserving of so much more than the standard, wouldn't you agree?"
Him: "What will make you happy?"
Me: "I'm not sure, could you maybe start at your best offer and we'll work upwards from there? Because honestly, while you've only been dealing with them for three days, I've got 365 days worth of aggravation that needs soothing."
Him: "There's only so much I can do."
Me: "I'm pretty sure from the tone of your voice when you first called you're in a position to do whatever we decide is the proper restitution. I mean, it's not like you actually fixed the problem. It's more like you're asking me to live with it, which means I'm going into this knowing I'm going to be annoyed on a daily basis, and then when the annoyance gets to be too much to stand, call you–"
Him interrupting my launch into all the ways my being irritated was going to become his problem (I thik he was onto the fact that I'm a bit of a hard ass when annoyed): "I can give you blah blah blah."


The end result is that while I am still periodically reduced to dialup and unnecessary outages because the cable to my house still hasn't been replaced, I'm paying a pittance for the top of the line full package services I get when I get them. However, there are times when even that doesn't mitigate my annoyance. Today is one of them. *eying phone* I'm thinking I should call my minion again…

11/09/2007 08:21:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carrie- Thanks! If you try I hope you enjoy.

Galaxay Quest- Alan Rickman's make up fraying right along with his nerves!! Toni Shaloub (Hope I spelled that right because @2800 baud I am not going to look it up!) as the qualude king.*laughing all over again.* The humor was great in that movie and worked at all levels for me.

11/09/2007 08:29:00 AM  

Blogger lisabea said...

I'll be renting this for Sunday.

11/09/2007 07:06:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Then you should expect to be giggling all day Sunday. *G* Love that movie!

11/10/2007 08:25:00 AM