Friday, November 2, 2007

Good lord, what is she saying?

Amy Winehouse is in serious need of help.

I am speechless. I am without speech!

I still don’t get what the audience at the MTV Europe Music Awards was clapping for. My guess is most of them didn’t speak English and had no idea she slurred and gibberished her way through the song. I see no other explanation for it LOL.

At least we can be sure she doesn’t lip-synch!

UPDATE: Harlot here. :P Had replaced the dead link; video after the jump as it’s slowing the page load. Go watch, while it’s still available.


Labels: , ,


12 comment(s):

Blogger ValVega said...

Oh god, I know I shouldn't laugh becuase this girl is just screaming for help, but that "sexy" shimmy dance she does with her unfocused eyes and ass wiggling just cracks me up!!!!! LOL LOL LOL

11/02/2007 03:36:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I spend half the morning looking for this clip on youtbue. Read about this in the papers and couldn't have imagined how bad it actually was.

They shouldn't have let her go on stage like that.

Such a waste of talent.

11/02/2007 05:03:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is sooooo sad really. All that talent and shes stuffed it up with drugs. She didn't have a clue what the words were, apart from one line, could barely keep her balance on her feet, and looked like she just wanted to F.O. about half way through.
Back to Black is right ... its a dark world she'll be headed to if she doesn't get help and real soon!
What is her record company thinking keeping her performing in this way when she is obviously incapable!

11/02/2007 05:04:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

THE VIDEO HAS BEEN REMOVED!!! NOOOO

11/02/2007 09:02:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Ok i replaced the video; now working. ;)

11/03/2007 12:29:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

This is so sad. :( I love Amy Winehouse, i have all her songs in my iPod and listen to her all the time. I think my fave is actually the hidden song in her album called "Cherry". It's short, like 2 minutes long and it's like a hidden gem. "Her name is Cherry. We just met. But, already she knows me better than you..." Ohh i love it! Seriously, i dare you to listen to it and not like it. :P

She is a colossal AWESOME vocal talent, and her albums, wow, i was impressed... and she's wasting away on drugs and alcohol and god knows what other despicable things. I heard she even uses some horse tranquilizer. :/

11/03/2007 12:41:00 AM  

Blogger Jolie said...

God that's bad, and that kind of dancing has got to go. She looks like she's having a seizure.

Seriously though I really like her voice but lately, I've only seen her drunk or singing with a drunker slur. She needs help asap!

11/03/2007 02:13:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, its not the best performance in the world but I still love her. Her voice is awesome and I love this song.. just not when she sings it like this :S

11/03/2007 02:23:00 AM  

Blogger Isabella said...

Oh god, she looks so high. What's up with the wiggling and shaking?

Noticed how many times she wiped her nose? Cocaine is a killer.

11/03/2007 08:15:00 AM  

Blogger Sara, Ms Adventures in Italy said...

When I heard her sing acapella on her MySpace page, I knew she had a great voice - there is no resemblance of it here...you can hear the drugs. Sad.

11/03/2007 12:05:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Amy defended her "performance" saying she's exhausted. *snort* Er, maybe i shouldn't be saying snort as she's obviously coked up during the EMAs:


Amy Winehouse has defended her performance at Thursday's MTV European Music Awards - citing exhaustion for her bizarre behavior.

[...] Winehouse insists her busy schedule was to blame for her lackluster performance, after beginning a 27-date European tour last month.

She also admits she only agreed to appear at the EMAs to please her family.

Winehouse says, "I can't really be bothered going to perform but my family love these kinds of awards shows and watching me, so I'm doing it for them really.

"I'm knackered after my own gigs in Europe and was back in London chilling out when I got the call asking me to MTV.

"My family are so important to me that I agreed to do it for them." (StarPulse)

11/03/2007 03:38:00 PM  

Blogger Petra said...

OMG. Poor thing. She is in denial as well. She keeps saying that nothing is wrong with her when she's obviously in dire need of help, and soon! Or she'd end up like one of those talented artists who died from drug-related causes.

11/04/2007 02:04:00 AM