Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Gimme More, not so bad

I don’t know why people are bashing Britney Spear’s single Gimme More. I mean, it’s not Mozart, but it is Britney. This is what she does. What more do you want from her? This is no different than her old stuff. Actually, I think this might be better, which really isn’t saying much. Can you tell I’m not a big fan? LOL

Really, people, give the kid a break. And the video isn’t half bad either; It’s trashy, just my kind of thing! *wink*


You want it to be bad. You want it to be really, really bad. You want it to be so eye-squintingly awful this train wreck called Britney Spears disappears from our lives forever. Unfortunately, it’s not that bad. In fact, it’s nowhere near as bad as it deserves to be.

Despite the constant drama—the marriage, the head-shaving, the divorce, the rehab, the custody battle, the MTV performance and the lack of underwear—Britney has done what she used to do better than anyone else: made an enjoyable pop album.

From the opening tones of Gimme More to the closing Pharrell Williams-produced ballad Why Should I Be So Sad, Britney proves she can leave her chaotic personal life at the door to produce the goods in the studio.

There are classic club tracks (Gimme More, Hot As Ice), sexually suggestive eyebrow-raisers (Break the Ice, Get Naked (I Got A Plan)) and nu-rave romps (Toy Soldier, Ooh Ooh Baby).

And Britney still can’t sing. Her vocals have more layers than a French pastry factory, often sounding so distorted a robot could be singing. But aren’t all Britney Spears albums like that?

You’ll always be a freak show, Britney. But as long as you keep churning out albums as good as “Blackout,” we won’t stop watching.


I’m listening to the complete album which I got for free here (completely legal link!).




Labels: , ,


3 comment(s):

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel sorry for Britney.

I too like the video and the song.

I Will go to your (free) legal link and listen to the album while I make dinner and clean the bathroom tonight. I do know how to party! LMAO

10/30/2007 06:20:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not a bad song. The performance at MTV music awards was bad but the clip was okay.

I agree with Di, I feel sorry for her.

10/31/2007 03:56:00 AM  

Blogger رضا ويب said...


شركة تنظيف بمحايل عسير
شركة تنظيف خزانات بمحايل عسير
شركة مكافحة حشرات بمحايل عسير

10/15/2019 11:17:00 AM