Wednesday, September 19, 2007

If you don't have anything good to say...

I’ve been thinking a lot about Britney Spears lately (don’t ask me why; I’m just odd, what can I say?) and I think the things people have been saying about her have gone from funny, to crass, to sad, to just plain cruel.

Yes, she’s made mistakes, 1,075,235 of them, but so have we all—maybe not that many, and not as big, but that’s just because we are not obscenely rich/famous like she is.

Anyway, I thought we could do something a little different and earn some heaven points while we’re at it. Why don’t we all say something good about Britney for a change? Like most people, she surely has tons of good qualities. I’ll start and I hope you guys help me out and keep the list going.

Britney has a great body; yes, even now a couple of pounds heavier. And really, I want to know how many of us have a body like hers? I’ll tell you right now, I don’t. I look like a big flabby whale and I haven’t had a kid, let alone two.

Your turn. *g*

**Writing this hiding at work; sorry if it’s a bit blotchy. :/


Related:

Labels: ,


13 comment(s):

Blogger M.Amanda said...

I agree, Britney does have a great body. I did not see why people were calling her fat. What I said to my boyfriend was, "Honey, I would kill to have that body. You'd be all over me all the time." Even in college when I was not overweight at all, I didn't look that good.

If that doesn't count as my something nice, how about cheering for recognizing that she got hooked by a deadbeat mooch and having the courage to cut him off and kick him to the curb. I know plenty of women would keep kidding themselves that he'll change, deep down he really loves her, she needs him, etc. because they are afraid of being alone. Good for her for not putting up with his sorry ass.

9/19/2007 09:10:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually really like her voice. :D It's been over-processed on her latest stuff, but I think she's got a good voice. Truthfully, I'd be thrilled to be able to sing like she does.

I think this is cool, that y'all are putting positive instead of negative stuff out into the universe. ;)

Cheers,
ms

9/19/2007 10:33:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it! Strumpet, I agree that it's good to sometimes put out the positive into the universe!!
Now to find something nice to say.... I do hate that people are saying such harsh things, poor girl. I'd be drunk, too.
Like Cipher, I think she still has an amazing body. She looks better than many of the people that are saying she's fat. It was T.V., I bet that if we were to see her in real life we'd be shocked at how thin she is. Everyone is so conditioned to seeing anorexic bimbos on t.v. that when we see a normal sized person, they appear fat.
I can't imagine being under the kind of microscope she is. She handles it way better than I would have if it had been me from such a young age.
I hope that she takes more time to heal herself and get herself together. Divorce is hard to do, even when you are the one wanting it; and it's turned into such a circus.

9/19/2007 10:58:00 AM  

Blogger Dakota Cassidy said...

I don't care what anyone says--she may have been sluggish and slow at the MTV awards, but I'd wear her body. LOL


Seriously, she looked pretty good for two kids and all the drug problems she's had as of late.

I think the press sucks for constantly picking on her too. it's a wonder she can heal at all with everyone on her back 24/7

DC :)

9/19/2007 11:46:00 AM  

Blogger Stacia said...

I agree. It's not her fault she's trash. I've felt sorry for her for a long time--she's been crying for help for years and nobody wanted to do anything about it. Notice her mother, who was supposed to have this great relationship with her, is nowhere in the picture now.

The fat jokes were horrendous. Girl had two kids in like 2 years and still rocked a bikini better than half the non-mothers I know. I'd kill to look like that again. And I think it's shameful that the press stooped to such garbage. She looks "fat"? Why in the world is that important to her (yes, awful, but still) performance?

She's a young girl who lost her way, and instead of offering a helping hand they turn and spit on her. Makes me ill.

9/19/2007 11:50:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

britney has a lovely figure, i would wish her some self-discipline for living mindful that i often need the same myself (tho not quite on the same scale)

9/19/2007 02:24:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yeah, and as for a good quality:

she laughs easily

9/19/2007 02:29:00 PM  

Blogger Pepper said...

Who cares if she's a size 0 or 10...at least she has enough confidence to rock her body and not care what everyone is saying about her. Brittney has always been criticized, and she has kept a level head about herself for the most part until lately. I say good for her! And she's funny, or she used to be anyway.

9/19/2007 05:59:00 PM  

Blogger Menchie said...

I guess people compare her body to what it looked like in her heydey. But speaking as a mom with two kids, I'd love to have her tummy. She doesn't have stretch marks AT ALL!

9/19/2007 08:17:00 PM  

Blogger Jolie said...

What I like about Britney... This is a little hard, Trollop. :P You're right, though, I think her body is good considering she's a mother of 2. And I saw her wig-less pictures on the web and she actually looks so much better without her extensions - very young looking and fresh.

Never liked her voice - sorry. I can't even think of a song of hers I like. I read that Justin wrote a song to duet with her but for some reason she turned it down. That would have been a good collaboration.

9/20/2007 01:35:00 AM  

Blogger Shosh said...

OK...now we have to say something nice about Trollop. She's not a flabby whale. She's a gorgeous lady...Trollop...where's that swimsuit picture you have? Look at it again just in case you have forgotten.

Britney is beautiful...if only she'll believe that herself.

9/20/2007 08:37:00 AM  

Blogger MasQuerade said...

I agree. People just need to shut up abou her, and let her be. They enjoy regarding her as the circus, but he just needs time to sort herself out. The people who should get slagged off are her so called friends and family, who just sit back and watch her being made a laughng stock, probably because they cash in on it.

9/20/2007 05:09:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought she looked good and I hate that the press feel free to trash people all the time. It aids and abets a sick attitude towards others in society. We should all be more kind.

9/22/2007 05:32:00 AM