Friday, September 7, 2007

Stop! In the name of blog-love


GRRRR. For the last two days I lost my internet connection. I SWEAR my heartless phone company does this on purpose every once in a while just to see how much I’d endure their evil evil EVIL torture! Fucking sadists. :@

Anyhoodles, Trollop and I have been talking about possible major changes on our blog; mainly me to stop blogging. :P I told her she can be “The Book Bitch” and if people asked where my lazy ass was, she could say we’re not BFF anymore, hee. Ohhh, that would be fun to watch. *g*

I already said that I only blog because of Trollop. She’s the one who started TBB, it’s all her idea, I update because she’s busy/tired, and whenever she stops posting for like two/three weeks, I have to admit there’s a teeny bitty part of me that wishes, *sigh* “Let this be it.” (Bad Harlot. :/) Oh, I’ll screech at her like a banshee whenever she forgets her Bitchin’ Duties, but then she’ll counter that I’m really the one who doesn’t want to blog and that we both know it. (*grrr* Fucking H-A-T-E it when she’s right!)

Between the two of us, Trollop’s a lot busier than me, particularly now when she has important things she should be prioritizing (you promised, babe :@). Last year when she stopped blogging for TWO months (I KNOW!), I continued blogging—not because I wanted to, but because I HAD to. I won’t go into details; let’s just say I HATED her for the better part of it LOL.

I promised myself I’ll stop blogging when it ceased being fun. For a while now, it’s getting less and less fun for me. :( Dunno. It amazes me, actually, that I lasted this long LOL because unless I’m being fascinated, I get bored easily. For the last two years we’ve provided... I suppose you can say entertainment for all. We’ve never asked for anything, we’re just grateful that you guys like us, really really. *cries silently* It just saddens me sometimes when others come here just to pick a fight, or folks intentionally misinterpret our words, or when I put up a delurking thread and there are so many who’d snub the request. Can you blame me for feeling as if you enter Trollop’s and my home, we welcome you with pritti smiles and yet you won’t even say hullo? *sniff* Or worse! Tracks in mud on our spotless floor!

We’ve never gotten any money from this blog. Hell, not even a bent halfpenny. If you think we’ve been getting free books left and right, you’re wrong-o. :P (Thus far, I only got 1 book and 2 ebooks.) Authors/publishers/PR people offer, but Trollop and I often decline—unless it’s for our author interviews and even then we don’t keep the books as we raffle them for you, heathens.

Anywho, this coming 11th is our 2nd blogiversary! :D We’ll post our verra late FAQ page plus some fun here and there. Actually, hee, it’s supposed to be today; but like last year, we’re celebrating it on the 11th since it’s really Trollop’s “Holy Guacamole” post that started it for us. So, stay tuned. ;)

Labels:


19 comment(s):

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure I'm following. Are you girls going to stop blogging???? Say it isn't so! :-(

Olly

9/07/2007 02:50:00 PM  

Blogger ValVega said...

Harlot isn't going anywhere except on a short vacation!

9/07/2007 04:00:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Gah, you see you see what i have to live with?!? *sniff*

If i leave, it's because you're a tyrant! :@

9/07/2007 04:15:00 PM  

Blogger Ladybug said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9/07/2007 04:51:00 PM  

Blogger Ladybug said...

I'm still stunned from the last post and now this pile of naked men!

I hope you two are not leaving. :(

9/07/2007 04:52:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

NOOO!!! ya'll can't leave!!

9/07/2007 05:44:00 PM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

NOOOOOOO!!!

9/07/2007 06:11:00 PM  

Blogger Isabella said...

I second Danielle's sentiment: nooooo!!!

9/07/2007 06:26:00 PM  

Blogger Pepper said...

You two can't leave!! My word day would be miserable without your blog!

9/07/2007 07:00:00 PM  

Blogger Rachel said...

NO! You two can't leave!!

9/07/2007 09:27:00 PM  

Blogger Lorelei said...

OMG! Harlot, you have got to be kidding! You two can't just leave. I count on you two to keep me up on girly things, books, movies, sex-related stuff... You often make me aware of things I wouldn't have known about otherwise.

I hope all is well.

9/07/2007 09:45:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope things are ok! Please don't leave. I agreed with everything Lorelei said.

9/07/2007 10:45:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with everyone's sentiments. I have to ask, why are you declining free books? :)

9/07/2007 10:56:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're kidding right? :D

It cannot exist the possibility of this blog ending!:X

Eve

9/08/2007 04:25:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you two doing this just to freak us out? I know I don't comment much, but I really do love you gals...you can't leave all of us faithful readers! Your blog is one of the most interesting things I have ever read on the Internet. Think of all of your loving fans, (and fuck all the people who pick fights with you), isin't that rewarding enough to keep it up? I have a blog that no one ever reads or comments on, but I still do it everyday with the hopes that someday I might have a following like the two of you do.

Lipps

9/08/2007 05:02:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Erm, perhaps i shouldn't have mentioned anything. :/ I was babbling really. Anyway, let's see and thanks you guys. *sniff*


Lipps,
Welcome, glad you cold join us! Gorgeous, perhaps next time you comment, link your blog. Some folks will discover you through that. ;)

9/08/2007 07:40:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Tinkerbell,

why are you declining free books?

I often say to friends it's bad luck to say no to free books. ;) But in our situation, well, folks offer to send us free books for us to: a) to review them, or b) to promote them.

a) Trollop and i are lazy LOL and more so when it comes to reviewing books. Let's just say we have (i think) 600+ posts; i can count on one hand the number of times we've done a book review.

b) Again, we're lazy LOL. Simply put: we can't say yes to something (accept free books, etc) and THEN not do our part. We're already lazy heathens, we don't want to acquire another bad manner. :/

9/08/2007 07:51:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since I've only been reading your blog for a coupla months (tho I've enjoyed many of the archived), I dunno about the entire 2 years, but will say that one of the best things I like about TBB is that it sounds as if you both really enjoy yourselves blogging.

If this is no longer the case, well then don't do it. It will suck for us readers, but oh well and wish you well.

But I would like to suggest maybe giving yourselves an off-season, as a sport's blog I follow does. People can continue to comment but y'all get to relax on the posts.

The other thing I'm wondering is if this means RAOUL is freee for the taking? :P (just teasing, would nevuh go 'round a bitch like that)

9/09/2007 12:41:00 AM  

Blogger Shosh said...

Hey Harlett...you're not really going to stop blogging,are you? I'd hate to have to buy a ticket just to haul your ass of whatever and chain you to your computer. I can't believe it's your second year already...or is it third? How time flies!

9/09/2007 12:41:00 PM