Wednesday, August 29, 2007

TEE.BEE.HAITCH.

How can I put this... tell the truth so it is believable? If you saw a unicorn or a genie in a bottle or a two-headed cock, how would you tell your friends?

Folks, Paullina Simons is the RAREST gem, the most PRECIOUS find. Stake your claim on her book The Bronze Horseman and I assure you, you will reap the rewards.

I have constantly pimped PS and her AH-MAY-ZING books here on TBB to a point that Trollop threatened to bang her head against a wall repeatedly until it cracks in two if I even THINK of mentioning TEE.BEE.HAITCH. again *rolls eyes* but... oh well... she’s a hard-headed heathen anyway!

So. Let’s talk about TEE.BEE.HAITCH.—yep, again—shall we? *g*

Fact: If I’m only allowed to recommend one book in my life, I will say TBH faster than you can say “fuck”. I’ve “pushed” friends, postmen, kissing partners, everyone, to read TBH and those smart enough to follow my iiiimmaculate advice, ALL OF THEM (50 at least, I lost count already!) ended up kissing my pritti manicured feet while bringing me martini. Uh-mmm... :P Well—fine—not really, but they should have! Ungrateful beotches! *hmph*

Fact: Even Vicious “I hate Shura” Trollop loved it. I have proof! She said, “I have to say it’s been years since I read such a well written novel. PS is a truly gifted writer; the pages seemed to vanish one into the other, to the point where you didn’t know how many you’d already read, and didn’t care how many more you had left.” SEE SEE SEE. And no, I didn’t twist her arms for her to say it. (Her BF loved TBH too! :D)

Fact: I recommended TBH to women who despise me and they looooved it. *snicker* Most of them didn’t admit it to me, of course LOL, nor do they acknowledge I’m the one who brought PS to their Island of Doctor Moreau—but hey, it tingles my bones whenever someone in their cult sends me “TBH emails”. Funny that even when I got saved from that rotten place, it’s as if my harloty ghost is still there; probably irritating the hell out of some people. *g*

Here’s an example of one of those emails I mentioned. Yes yes, I’m a vain fuck and shameless enough to post this:


I have to say I do think it annoys the people when we talk about it and go, “Harlot, wherever you are, thank you for this.” LOL! [IDM] has not only been pestered by it (and consequently the ghost of you), but there is also a TBH underground. I love it.


But seriously, it’s truly MY pleasure. People are loving TBH and that makes me happy—really really *sniff*—as I adore PS and her books are verra special to me. So yeah... I WIN. *smug laugh* *mwa ha ha ha* *choke*

Well, *ahem* I can talk about TBH forevah and evah but my poor babe’s head is bruised already, her trollopy ears bleeding. (She’s incorrigible, I tell ya!) If you want more info, here are my previous TBH posts: I said it before, I’ll say it again: I’m afraid there will never be a book series that can come close to my beloved TBH trilogy. It is UNIQUE. It’s devastatingly powerful it renders you breathless, seizing your heart like a hungry nympho gripping for cock—and you know, you’ll never EVER be the same.

Tatia and her Shura, they’re one of the reasons why I love books... why I love romance... why I believe in fucking love... why I shouldn’t give up on love even when EVERYTHING in my body says I have enough because I’ll cease to exist without it. Thank you, Ms. Simons, for one of the most magnificent, exquisite, GLORIOUS love stories ever told. For love, for life, for memories, for ever... My hat’s off to you. If you like, my pritti knickers too. ;)

Labels:


23 comment(s):

Blogger Petra said...

Thanks to you girls I discovered Paullina Simons. I wouldn't have read TBH without your prompting me to do so.

I really love Tatiana and Alexander's story. Though, I've yet to read Summer Garden because the book is hard to find!

8/29/2007 11:55:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am liking TSG now that I have 200 pages behind me.

Yeah Harlot, I am thankful that you recommended this book to me. I love it!

I thought you were going to talk Tea Rose? What happened?

I sure hope that the books from signing have arrived, or do I have to throtle somem postman?

8/29/2007 01:09:00 PM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

LOL. I loved TBH too. Harlot, did you get Tatiana's Table?

8/29/2007 03:31:00 PM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

I personally loved this book and I think PS's way of writing is beautiful and haunting. Haunting in the sense the story stuck with me and I couldn't forget it, and that was a very good thing.

8/29/2007 04:13:00 PM  

Blogger ValVega said...

Loved PS's writing HATED shunra and the cheating, and the stupid sister that didn't have a clue, and tatiana got on my nerves from time to time. But really liked the book, well written, addictive, full of interesting historical facts, good imagery. HATE Shunra -verbally abusive bastard and cheater- did I say that already? LOL

Running and hiding from Harlot now!

Signed,

Anonymous

8/29/2007 04:45:00 PM  

Blogger Marg said...

You know that I pimp these books every darned opportunity I get too! And The Tea Rose and The Winter Rose......sigh. So many great books!

8/29/2007 04:50:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

TBH is one of my favourite books in the world. I have told so many of my friends to read it and now they love it too. It's such an amzing book that you cant help but fall in love with Shura *sigh* I love Shura...

Trollop I agree about Dasha =) She was annoying and she did make things a lot harder for them.

But Alexander has been through so much! I know there is no excuse for what he did but I forgive him for it becuase of how horrible he felt before, during and after. The thing is, that part of the story was real. PS didnt leave things all rosy and happy as soon as they got to America. She started to rip them apart again.

I dont know... I just love it so much =D

8/29/2007 05:36:00 PM  

Blogger Menchie said...

Well, I didn't kiss your manicured feet but I AM very, very grateful you recommended the series.

Super, super loved it! I'm almost afraid to read her other books cause it might not be as good. How can it even come close to the series?

8/29/2007 10:58:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

tytyty again for the recommend. i think there has to be a special romance/historical fiction category award for TBH.

and i'm so happy to be able to talk about it even tho i know alot of y'all have already done this before. what nice blogsters.

here are some thots:

i kept being horrified at Dimitri. i would think i saw Tatiana's parents as some sort of nightmarish foreshadowing of what her life would be like if if if...

i kept thinking OH NO OH NO i cant read this if Dimitri soils Tatiana!!! My heart Couldn't Stand It. i mean it. i was so scared that it might be on the next page.

talk about worrying about the course of true love always being totally fucked up nshit. (why yes it is shakespeare, i'm just a tiddle bit tired)

so thankful that didn't happen.

but decided that her parents did care about their family. it was just another example of "what happened to them? the soviet union happened to them" wow, that (para) phrasing freezed me to my girlie cajones.

and when babushka sold the sewing machine, PS had described the starvation so well, i couldn't be angry w/her. but i dont understand how Deda could just leave them. did i miss something? what kind of grandpa is that?

seems like Alexander was the only real man in her life. he was a courageous war hero also, doing things for the right reasons.

i'm frazzled. i'm having this end of school malaise-anxiety. i want to go hide in a book so badly.

my family wants to throw me a party and sweetie wants to go the the beach, but i'm really just looking forward to the Bridge of Holy Cross.

it has to do with the finding a 'real' job after i'm sure ;)

8/30/2007 02:07:00 AM  

Blogger Ladybug said...

Still have not read this book but I have it somewhere on my to be read pile. :P

8/30/2007 10:16:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved this book! It was one that I could not put down. I hated some of the things about the characters; like Tania's forever serving her family and hiding her relationship, but it all seemed so real. And while I was not a fan of Alexander's cheating, Tania's insistence that he keep it up bugged me more.
But I loved this book nonetheless.
Now I am just trying to find TSG, hard to find, which ticks me off more than anything in the book hmph.

8/30/2007 12:15:00 PM  

Blogger Lollie Rose said...

There were times Tatiana got into my nerves and then Dasha... ugh! But over all, I loved this book.

I think TBH is such a powerful story. Few have left an impression on me as much as the life of Tania and Alexander that there are instances I will just recall the way they have fought to survive.

8/30/2007 01:21:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Lord.. another book to buy.

Kissing partners and 'fucking love'? What are those? LOL I am such a guy.

8/30/2007 05:10:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

For those who are confused about the many versions of TBH's 2nd book, or those who are planning to get a copy, here's a little guide. :) (Those who know, please correct me if i'm wrong.) But first off, the book was released under two titles: THE BRIDGE TO HOLY CROSS and TATIANA AND ALEXANDER.


In Australia and NZ = TBTHC

TBTHC 1st version (original longer version)
- 46 chapters; with epilogue (which has been removed from later editions)
- includes TBH back-story, scenes from Lazarevo from Alexander's point of view (that were cut from the later versions)
- ISBN-10: 000716002X
- ISBN-13: 978-0007160020

TBTHC 2nd version (paperback)
- 46 chapters; NO epilogue
- ISBN-10: 0007175760
- ISBN-13: 978-0007175765


In UK and Canada = T&A
(and other countries but not in the US)

T&A 1st version (hardcover)
- 46 chapters; original longer version
- includes TBH back-story and scenes from Lazarevo from Alexander's POV (that were deleted from the later versions)
- ISBN-10: 0007118880
- ISBN-13: 978-0007118885

T&A 2nd version (paperback)
- 41 chapters; with epilogue
- cuts out TBH back-story including Lazarevo from Alexander's POV
- ISBN-10: 0007118899
- ISBN-13: 978-0007118892


In the US = T&A

T&A (paperback)
- no TBH back-story; has some of Alexander's POV on Lazarevo; one new scene in Lazarevo section, around chapter 20; mood of ending slightly different (leading into TSG); new epilogue
- ISBN-10: 0007118899
- ISBN-13: 978-0007118892

Paullina's preferred version (hardcover)
- available only through US bookclubs such as Doubleday, Book of the Month and Literary Guilde
- ISBN-10: 158288191X
- ISBN-13: 978-1582881911

8/30/2007 07:09:00 PM  

Blogger Jolie said...

Goodness me. How many T&A versions are there? What about TBH and TSG?

8/30/2007 07:51:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harlot, THANK YOU SO MUCH for recommending TBH. I simply fell in love with it and have since read T&A (TSG is in my TBR pile). Like you, I want everybody to read it and feel the joy of discovering something so wonderful and amazing.

8/30/2007 11:58:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there!
I agree with every single word you wrote,with every punctuation mark-
The TBH is the book I'd recommend if asked to give one name.
I have always read a lot but no book has had such an impact on me than this.When I read TBH 3 years ago my life changed. Literally a book changed my life. Never had I read a story like that,where the feelings of the characters entered my heart to never leave. It gave me new values about life and love. I'm waiting to have a love that is so strong like Tatiana and Alexander's love. I still hope there is my Alexander out there!I keep on reading love stories but still I haven't find one equal! I shouldn't make comparisons but I just can't help!!
I'll never thank Paullina enough to have given us such a story!
And wasn't for TBH I wouldn't have found this blog and you Harlot!;)

Rebelheart aka Eve

8/31/2007 09:05:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Eve,
Oh yeah.. that's right. We wouldn't have "met" if it's not for TBH. *sniff*


Sotheara,
Hullo. Let me know if you like TSG. :D Hope you join us often!


Jolie,
I know, sorta confusing really LOL. As far as i know, only one version for TBH and TSG.

8/31/2007 02:42:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The TBH Trilogy made me a raving Paullinavangelist! Seriously. The books swept through my life this year like a raging forest fire, and so much of the romance I used to read is like chaff now. No other book has impacted me more than these, and I thank Paullina for conveying that Russian soul of hers in words that take my breath away.

9/01/2007 06:49:00 PM  

Blogger Lorelei said...

Harlot, lol. When is TSG going to be available in the US?

I found out about Paulina Simons because of you BB. I absolutely love TBH and though I have long since read it and T&A, I still think of Alexander and Tania now and again.

9/01/2007 09:21:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Lorelei, isn't TSG out already in the US? :/ Or maybe only through book clubs..

9/02/2007 01:07:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harlot, I meant to tell you that I am actually part of your TBH Legacy. Back when you used to visit the JMBB you turned a bunch of gals on to the book. Linka then convinced me to read it after much foot dragging...and the rest is history. So thank you!

9/03/2007 05:30:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Welcome, Kris. Glad you could join us. Hope you join us often. :)


Btw, for those who don't know, PS has a new book coming out this November (according to her site, i thought it was gonna be out August).

"The expected publication date for The Road to Paradise is November 2007 for Australia and New Zealand. Release dates for other countries will be included when available.

Tatiana's Table, the cookbook of Tatiana's recipes from the Tatiana and Alexander trilogy of novels is OUT NOW in Australian bookstores and can be ordered online."

You know, i actually liked the Bartered Bride as the title. :P Anyway, can't wait!

9/03/2007 11:18:00 PM