Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Simpsons go to Paris with Linda Evangelista

My siblings are CRAAAZY about The Simpsons that we went to see its first feature film the very first day it opened here. I gotta say, there were times I laughed my head off. :P

With the success of the movie, it’s no wonder the Simpsons have also become the darlings of the fashion world. Harper’s Bazaar caught up with Springfield’s first family as they toured the city of lights with Linda Evangelista; quite possibly the most impressive fashion spread I’ve ever seen. Oh, the shame—I’m actually jealous of Marge! :S (The same reason I wanted to throttle Anne Hathaway in The Devil Wears Prada; her wardrobe should have been MINE, MINE, MINE. *grrr*)



Marge lets down her hair for Versace while Donatella eats her heart out.



Karl Lagerfeld and his protégé Homer get the skinny on Marge and Linda in their Chanel Couture.



Alber Elbaz admires Lisa’s signature strand of pearls while Linda helps her try on his tulle-wrapped take on the classic.



Selma and Patty go Dutch in the avant-garde duo Viktor & Rolf’s dresses.



Linda and Marge take a jolly jaunt with Jean Paul Gaultier, with Maggie in a Birkin!



The Simpsons are all front row clad in Louis Vuitton as Marc Jacobs waves to his number one fans.



Illustrations by Julius Preite. For some great animated versus reality pics of the dresses and designers, check out ONTD.

Labels: , ,


14 comment(s):

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have not seen the movie yet but Marge looks great with her hair down!

I love this! Thanks for sharing.

8/21/2007 12:09:00 PM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

Wow, I love the concept! Marge is looking hot but where is Bart?

For Shrek the 4th, they should do a "Shrek Family go to Milan with Kate Moss" :P

8/21/2007 02:10:00 PM  

Blogger Polly King said...

I love this! So cute, especially the the one with Karl!

8/21/2007 03:43:00 PM  

Blogger Mailyn said...

I must be the one person on the planet who finds these cartoons idiotic. OK, make that two. Mom hates them as well. LOL.

8/21/2007 06:28:00 PM  

Blogger Petra said...

I think The Simpsons are great. I used to think that Bart is the heart of this show but I know now that it's Homer. He is a simple-minded fool who tries to be a good father but usually fails his family because of his stupidity and vices, LOL. The point is he loves his family.

What I like is that the Simpsons do stupid things (sometimes to each other) again and again yet they never learn. But they always try to make it work, and they always succeed as a family.

I like that.

I love this concept BTW. The details are great!

8/21/2007 06:47:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The movie was great - definitely one of the funniest movies in the year so far, I couldn't stop laughing. Lisa was so precious in it. "He speaks with an Irrrish brrrrogue.." LOL!

I love the spread with JPG, very chic.

8/22/2007 03:35:00 AM  

Blogger Lollie Rose said...

I liked the movie too. My husband and I watched it with our girls and it was fun.

Marge looks so much better with her hair down. Loved the spread!

8/22/2007 08:31:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm strictly southpark. but marge does look ravishing

8/22/2007 12:03:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

favorite cartman:

"no kitty, it's my pot pie"
"no kitty!"

"mo-om, kitty's being a dildo!"

"well i know one kitty-kitty who's sleeping with mommy tonite"

"huh?"

8/22/2007 12:11:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Donna, have you seen this? ;P

South Parkified Bitches
Come on Down to South Park and Meet Some Friends of Mine

8/22/2007 01:05:00 PM  

Blogger Lily Moon said...

OMG! I loooove this, and the movie ROCKS! I'm with Petra. I have been a Simpsons fan every since I could remember. Thanks for sharing Harlot.

re: South Park

I remember this. I had so much fun making myself into a south park character hahaha.

8/22/2007 01:33:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

harlot
lolol thanks for the links.
how adorable everyone is ;)

lily moon
love your southpark hat!

8/22/2007 02:03:00 PM  

Blogger Lily Moon said...

Donna, isn't it cute? Hehee I love my red sunglasses too :D

8/22/2007 02:27:00 PM  

Blogger Shosh said...

Wow, I didn't know Marge can be such a stylish matron.

I took all of my family to see that movie, and their favorite scene is Bart skateboarding naked.

8/22/2007 04:05:00 PM