Yaknow, I think I actually like my birthday last year, especially when I remember how Trollop tried to send me a cheesecake (WITH BDAY ICING, for gadssake). Unfortunately (for her—it’s unending delight for meee! :D), the woman she spoke with on the phone didn’t understand her too foreign accent, hee. It’s a long story that involves the bakeshop’s staff passing around the phone, Nutella, Trollop’s credit card, Trollop screaming and... well, let’s just say when I found out about it I almost died of laughter. *mwahahaha*
- Stephen King, who wrote a moving pre-7/21 goodbye letter to the end of the Harry Potter series, *sniff* takes a spoiler-filled look back at HP7 and reflects on why no review did it justice, and whether kids (and their grown-ups) will ever read the same way again.
- First Lady Laura Bush and daughter Jenna are writing a children’s book about a mischievous boy who likes to do everything but read. Hopefully, this boy at least knows the old saying in Tennessee—I know it’s in Texas, probably in Tennessee—that says, fool me once, shame on—shame on you. Fool me—you can’t get fooled again. Er... you know what I mean. :/
- Ever wondered which author has Trollop’s chicken-scratched penmanship? :P Check out this collection of author autographs.
- BBC is developing a *gasp* $50 million live-action adaptation of Rudyard Kipling’s The Jungle Book. Goodness me, are they going to dress Mowgli with diamond studded g-string or something?
- Loved Khaled Hosseini’s The Kite Runner? Here’s the trailer for the upcoming film adaptation: