Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Dating Justin Timberlake and saving yourself for marriage


I am in my, er, 105th(?) reread of Welcome to Temptation; you all know how much I love this book and that HOT dock scene. *sigh* Anyway, earlier this week, while listening to the audio version, I started thinking about the question Amy posses to Clea and Sophie in the scene they’re having some “girl” time in the beginning of the book:

“Does anybody ever have a good losing-my-virginity story?”

DOES anybody indeed? Every tale I’ve heard on this topic is an embarrassing horror story that might seem funny to others, but that the main character will never live it down as long as she lives!!!


“It was two years into my relationship with Justin and I thought he was the one. But I was wrong! I didn’t think he was going to go on Barbara Walters and sell me out!”


Apparently I have something in common with Britney. And no, it’s not the fabulous pre-baby body! *sob* It’s that we’re both in the same losing-your-virginity club, one that goes by the very popular name: “if it was so embarrassing you still have nightmares about it, you belong here!” I was wondering (and yes, I am a very nosy bitch! LOL) if there are any other members around...

Now, I will post my story in the comments section as anonymous (mine is very embarrassing!!!) and suggest that anyone else that’s shy about with the topic do the same. I’m specifically curious about the ladies that waited until marriage: are your stories better? Because that would seem to me one of the perks of saying your vows first and doing the dirty later LOL.

To get everyone started, here are the WTT*** girls’ stories. How do yours compare?

Clea
“I was in love.” Clea made it sound like, I had the plague. “And he acted like he was. And he was so good-looking—”
“Frank was good-looking?” Sophie said.
“It was twenty-four years ago,” Amy said. “Shut up and let her talk.”
“—and we were doing Taming of the Shrew for the senior play,” Clea was saying. “And you know how it is when you rehearse and rehearse and pretend you’re in love. Except I really was. He was just everything back then.”
“He’d been dating Georgia Funk forever,” Clea said. “But on Saturday night, after the cast party, Frank took me out to the Tavern for a Coke, which, let me tell you, was big stuff. And he parked in the back which is pretty much Temptation’s lovers’ lane, and he made his move, and that’s when I lost my virginity.” Clea drained her second glass.
“He promised me he was through with Georgia,” Clea said. “But when I got to school on Monday, she was wearing this tiny chip of an engagement ring.”
“He said she was pregnant,” Clea said, “and they got married fast enough. And then eleven months later, sure enough, she had a baby.”

Amy
“I lost mine to Darrin Sunderland after the homecoming game my junior year, and it was lousy.” She sipped her cider and brightened. “Fortunately, sex got better.”
“Darrin was too drunk to be grateful,” Amy said. “Which taught me my first lesson about sex: They have to be sober. It’s one of the ‘Classic Blunders,’ right up there with ‘never get involved in a land war in Asia.’”

Sophie
“I lost it to Chad Berwick in Iowa, one month before school was out, my junior year,” Sophie said, trying to keep her voice even so she wouldn’t spit on Clea. “I thought I’d con him into taking me to prom because I wanted to be ‘in’ just once, and nobody was more in than Chad. Except it was awful, and when I got to school on Monday, everybody knew. And when I went to the cafeteria at lunchtime, his best friend came up and stuck his finger in the pie on my tray and scooped out this big, gloppy cherry and said, ‘Heard you lost this, Sophie.’ And then everybody laughed.”

Now, your turn. *g*

**I googled “losing your virginity euphemisms” and got these results. That one up there cracked me up! LOL
***Excerpt from Welcome to Temptation by Jennifer Crusie

Labels: , , , ,


29 comment(s):

Blogger Harlot said...

*gasp*

You shameless heathen! Asking about losing-you-virginity stories! It's not like we're talking about big cock theory here or sexual fantasies...

:P

Babe, you know mine already but will post later LOL. ;)

6/28/2006 05:57:00 PM  

Blogger Isabella said...

OMG Trollop! LOL LOL LOL

I'll share of course. LOL But I have to think first if I should also post as anonymous. Mine's terribly embarrassing!

6/28/2006 06:22:00 PM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

I'm not shy. LOL! Besides, it happened a long time ago.

I lost my virginity week before I turned 15. Too young I think. It was a heat of the moment thing which I later regretted.

It was intense so I didn't want it to stop but it hurt. Afterwards I told the guy and he didn't even realised! He was 17 at the time, if I remember it correctly.

6/28/2006 06:32:00 PM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

BTW, very appropriate Britney pic! LOL

Good topic for discussion, Trollop.

6/28/2006 06:33:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering what you had in store for us after that tagboard comment! You ladies never disappoint :-)

Mine isn't that bad; I've heard worse!!!

Parked in the back of my first boyfriend's car (this tiny red car we always had to push in order for it to start LOL). It was hot -and not the good kind, sweaty, akward and bad! The space was so limited we kept elbowing and hitting each other; I had bruises all over the next morning! :-P

The next day at school I bragged to my friends about how "great" it was. LOL

To be 17 again; I sure don't miss the awful sex though!

6/28/2006 06:33:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My first time visiting and I have to reveal my horribly embarrassing losing my virginity story? This is a site I like! LMAO

The summer before I started college, with a guy that had a mullet (the horror!) and braces. He lived with his parents (I think he still does LMAO) and his mom walked in with her laundry basket, and there we were, me trying to get away from that thing ASAP and he trying to get it further in. She was so flustered and embarrassed. She left in a hurry asking if we cared for some refreshments on the way out! LMAO

Till this day I cringe at the memory, but then laugh because it really wasn't so bad. Some of my friends have been in therapy for years to get over theirs LMAO

I'm bookmarking you ladies :) fun site.

Roxy

6/28/2006 06:47:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Roxy, refreshment? OMG LOL!

Welcome! Hope you post often. :D

Ladies, loving this thread already! Thanks for sharing, and more please. :)

6/28/2006 07:14:00 PM  

Blogger Rachel said...

My mom told me that it was very important that I wait until I was a lot older and with someone I loved very much.

I was 14 a freshman in high school. It was a little weird. My partner had no clue until afterwards that i was still a virgin. It did hurt but it wasn't like an extreme pain. You get used to it after the first like 5 minutes LOL and with me there was no blood.

6/28/2006 07:53:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still a virgin at 22 years old. I don't know when I expect to lose it (or give it away, rather), but it's not going to be until I'm married, which I hope will be soon.

My first bf was aware of my virginity, and put up a very convincing front that it didn't matter to him. Boy was I ever wrong. I only found out on one of our last moments together, (when he subtly tried to get me to lay next to him on his bed while we were making out), that he never put much value in my decision, not as much as he portrayed anyway. At this point in time, he had gotten back together with his ex-gf while we were a thing (I was oblivious), which means that even while being with her, he still tried to take my virginity. He was that self-involved. He showed no respect for me or even her. He's a selfish pig, and what sucks is that you'd never be able to tell, because he honestly was one of the sweetest guys I've EVER met. But...his goal all along was to be as sweet and charming as possible so I WOULD give it to him. He stupidly thought that sprouts of love would get me to WANT to give it up, but he was wrong. My second bf was much better. He too was aware of my virginity, and never once tried to sway me, nor pressure me, nor subtly encourage me. He's got the church upbringing as I do. He unfortunately lost his virginity at maybe 13 or 14, but he was pressured by his older brother, so it wasn't really his choice. We've been separated for a few months now because of unfortunate circumstances, but should we find each other again and end up getting married, then I'm happy to know that he was aware of my virginity even before we started going out.

6/28/2006 09:05:00 PM  

Blogger Jo said...

MINE IS GOOD! my boyfriend and I had been going out for about 7 months (we were both 17) and I was in my first year of college because I went post-secondary (go to a college and get one year of college done plus your senior year of high school done) So we were visiting eachother almost constantly... he lived 3 hours from my college because he was finishing his senior year at home. He came to my immediate family christmas on christmas eve and after everyone had gone to sleep we were watching a movie in my room. One thing led to another and we had sex. It hurt a little but not too bad, and i didn't bleed. He was my first 'real' boyfriend and I was his absolute first girlfriend. It was really sweet!

6/28/2006 09:36:00 PM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

Petra! LMAO That's too funny!!!

6/28/2006 10:06:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

I'm from a very conservative family, i've been in a Catholic school since i was 6 (go figure), not to mention the all-girls Catholic high school. So yeah, basically i was raised with the teaching that having sex out of marriage is a sin (yeah, yeah, i'm a big sinner). At least i didn't experiment and did it with one of my girl classmates!

Anyway, mine's actually a boring story. I never really thought i'll remain a virgin. I don't know. Have always been curious with sex. Besides i was too boy crazy to be chaste. :/ But i did know i'm not going to do it just to appease my curiousity. So did it with my first BF LOL. He was crazy about me anyway, so one night, i thought, why not?

It wasn't anything stellar, no fireworks or earthquakes or farts (thank the good lord! sorry Petra LOL), but it wasn't horrible either. Just weird. Afterwards, i kept thinking, could Sister Marie (my Theology professor) tell i'm not a virgin anymore..? I think she did. The next day at class, she told me i was a horrible student who didn't deserve to pass. :S I guess heaven punished me by not giving me an A i didn't deserve anyway LOL. Hmm, wonder how many Hail Marys i'd have had to say had i confessed my sin to the school priest... :/

6/28/2006 10:17:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha,
God, I really was lucky. I had been with my sweet as honey boyfriend for about 5 months. He was my first "serious" boyfriend and I was his first ANYTHING. We were 17, and completely in love. We waited until our last day of grade 12 exams and went over to his house and had pretty good sex considering neither of us had a clue what we were doing. I didn't bleed...and to tell you the truth I think it hurt him more than it did me. I did my kegels...what can I say. He was my first and he was my favorite and we still get together everytime we are both single! Can't really give up good sex I guess. I think to tell the God's honest truth we are still as madly in love as we were that day, which I guess in a sense is sad but in another sense we are lucky to still have each other. We are just too far apart and both trying desperately to finish degrees and get over each other :)
Thats my story :)
I think I have a tear in my eye and I'm not even a cryer
~hehe

6/28/2006 10:21:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't lost mine yet, but I came pretty close, and I even regret that. My best advice is DON'T have sex before marriage, you won't benefit from it at all. Actually, think of all the bad things that could happen. Sure, it might make you feel good, but I want to save it for the person I know I'm going to spend the rest of my life with. The more you do it with each bf/gf, the less special the experience is (sex is supposed to be special, but not with every person you ever date). You owe it to your future spouse to wait for them. It's a sign of intelligence, integrity, and self-respect to wait. It doesn't have to be because of religion, either. Not everyone who chooses to not have sex before marriage is a devout Christian, though many are.

Just out of curiosity, how many of you do/don't have sex before marriage because of religion, or lack thereof? Personally, it's because of religion.

6/28/2006 11:10:00 PM  

Blogger Isabella said...

I dated my highschool sweetheart all the way to college. We went to different school in different states and had a long distance relationship. When we got home that first summer we talked endlessly about "doing it". It would be my first time and his and we wanted to make it perfect. We took his father's pickup truck to deserted lot on the outskirts of town and had a pinic under the stars.

We put a blanket on the pickup's bed and made love under the stars. When we were going for seconds LOL I heard tires, quickly followed by a man yelling "what's going on here?" It was the police, we were both arrested for indecent public exposure (or something of the sort) and my parents had to go get me at the station. Sooooo embarrassing!!!!

6/28/2006 11:17:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just woke up to find this, and spit my coffee over the screen when I read Petra's story. I think if we're having a contest of the most embarrassing tale Petra and Roxy should win.

My story isn't so bad, when you take to comparison with the others. I was 22 starting my first job. There was this cute boy who I always see in the elevator, he didn't speak German, he was an intern from Russia, and I don't speak Russian. He spoke a little English so we could communicate enough to say "you want the sex?" *laugh* He had small dingy flat he shared with other roommates. All I can remember is, it smelled like sweaty feet and cigarettes.

6/28/2006 11:38:00 PM  

Blogger Serendipity said...

I shouldn't post mine. I would win the boring prize. I was already married six months before I lost my virginity.

Yep. Not because I wasn't sexy with a body to die for (then anyway) just that we were in different continents, and it's really have to lost your virginity via phone.

I was heavily guarded by my mother for whatever reason, that even if I wanted to lost/give my virginity to anyone, there wouldn't be much of an oppurtunity to do it. I was sorrounded by relatives everywhere. For G-ds sake, I was being driven to and from school with my own personal driver...unless I lost it to my driver (he's not cute and he's old), I had no choice. *sob*

I personally blame my mother and her countless Duenas/bodyguards for my boring story about losing my virginity. I just told her so!

That said (stop tossing your tomatoes already!), DH did his best to convince me that it will be fun...but OMG...he's kinda long and big and it was a little scarry...even with my full year course in Gross Anatomy!

6/29/2006 03:11:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mine's a nice boring one. I couldn't wait to lose my V. I was really curious about sex. I had a BF (older)for about 6 months at age 15/16 and he then went off to Uni, so we broke up. He came back that summer (I'd turned 16 by then),and we took one look at each other, took off from a mutual friends party, back to his "guy share" flat and went at it. Don't remember it hurting, or if it did, it was momentary and we both had the biggest damn grins on our faces after. First time for both of us and he was really sweet saying he'd met lots of girl's at Uni, but couldn't wait to get home to me. We spent about the next 3 days in bed experimenting, in between visits home so Mum & Dad didn't know what I'd been up to.
I finally worked out where to put my legs. LOL. This is where you all say, Awww. We were together for a couple of years before I met and married someone else.

6/29/2006 04:59:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, now that I think about it mine is actually funny.

Originally I was thinking, "I'm not even going to post mines so boring" but I think I will anyway.

My B/F (now fiancee) had been dating for about 3 months and I stayed over at this house. His mom was gone on her yearly mothers day trip to the casio with her sisters and his dad was working nights so there wasn't anyone home. We were laying in bed together and talking about having sex but had decided that we didn't have a condom so it was probably in our best interest to wait. I had rolled over and had just started to doze off and about 15 minutes later he jumped up and said "Wait I do have a condom!!!" He then proceeded to take a picture off his wall turn it over and taped to the back of it was a condom that must have been there for 10 years. LOL I asked him how old it was and where the hell he got it. Apparently he got it when he turned 18 (so it was only 2 years old, LOL)His uncle said he was getting to the age he may need it and decided to tape it to the back of his birthday gift. So we ended up having sex after all.

Probably not the best decision to make the first time having sex, who knows we could have ended up with a kid using a condom that was tape to the back of a picture for two years. LOL

It was quick, didn't really hurt to much but I thought...All that excitment for that? I hope it gets better!

And it has! :D

6/29/2006 10:22:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was 17, summer after HS graduation, he was a 23 yr. architect who was already making a bundle of money and drove a brand new BMW. I wasn't in love, but was very much in awe that a handsome "older" man wanted me above others LOL He was my first real boyfriend. I waited three months before I decided I was ready for sex; I wasn't really LOL but was really curious and the last of my friends to remain a virgin.

Anyway, he'd just gotten back from some weekend away, and picked me up on his way home. He said he would shower and served me a drink. While he was in the bathroom I drank like half the bottle of vodka, took my clothes off and waited for him naked LOL LOL LOL I wasn't yet as drunk as I would get but was feeling rather hot, and for some reason taking my clothes off seemed to be the thing to do.

I can't remember much after that, I was so drunk I kept falling all over the place, and I just remember how much it hurt; I'm sure at some point I passed out. When I woke up he was trying to put my clothes back on but I start running around his apt. naked and he was following me with my undies in his hands. He had to call my best friend and tell her I'd gone crazy (he had no idea I'd drank so much).

When he'd finally managed to dress me, he carried me to his car where I proceeded to throw up all over the front seat :/ He took me to my best friend's house while he went to get his car cleaned. Best friend made me get in the shower and while she went out to make me something to eat I left the shower naked and sat in the living room where I tried to have a smart conversation with her parents!!!!!!!! LOL LOL LOL Tk god her father is a gyno.

Anyway, her mom called my mom and well, it wasn't pretty LOL She's still my best friend and her mom teases me to no end about that episode!

-Embarrassed Idiot-

6/29/2006 11:13:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK posting as Anon. It was far, far more painful than I was anticipating. I had expected it to be painful, but I would liken it to a knife being shoved "up there". Apparently my guy has a large "thing" so that didn't really help either, he got about 3/4 of the way in and I just couldn't take the pain anymore. Yes, he was fully aware that it was my first time. In fact, I think the subject of virginity was brought up on fairly early on in our relationship. We have been pretty open when it comes to discussing all things sexual and I felt really comfortable with him. Also, i had a pretty good idea that it was gonna happen when it did.

V.I.

6/29/2006 11:36:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trollop,

I was young and stupid, and I don't have a foot thing, so I stayed away from the feet *laugh*

6/29/2006 12:22:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She never came back with the refreshments. I think she went to pray for my sinful soul LMAO I had to sneak out of the house through the front door while she was in the kitchen.

I've been reading old posts, and have to say I love this blog! Emailed a link to all my girl friends. Most of us are big readers, and the ones that aren't will get a kick out of the articles anyway.

Rock on bitches!

Roxy

6/29/2006 12:25:00 PM  

Blogger C Bradshaw said...

OMG I love this thread! :P

Mine is not even note worthy. LOL. I got drunk and lost it to my date. I can't even remember parts of it! LOL!

Anyway, loved Petra's story, so funny! :D

6/29/2006 08:01:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this thread, it's fun reading everyone's experiences.

I have only boring to add but here goes...

My H.S. boyfriend and I went to different colleges. Over Christmas break our first year we decided it was time. His family was out of the house, we went to his room, it lasted all of 10 minutes I think LOL. It hurt a little and was too fast for me to really enjoy. I was too worried someone would interupt us so I didn't relax. But it was nice enough for a first time.

13 years later and we're still together (married for 7 of those years).

See, not too excited but I thought I'd share it anyway.

6/29/2006 10:13:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dated this guy for two months before he finally talked me into doing it. I was 16 and had too much freedom. He was 21 and I was the envy of my girlfriends for having him.

One night, he brought me to a "grown-up" party and I remember thinking, wow, how cool am I? LOL We end up in one of the empty rooms. I couldn't stop giggling while he was taking my clothes off. It's funny how I remember every detail when at that time I was so drunk I couldn't even walk straight! LOL

Anyway, so we we're kissing forever, and he was touching me all over LOL and I was really into it. I remember him getting up. I was just lying there and thinking, this is it, I'm really going to do it. I was excited and nervous at the same time. Then, I think like three minutes have already passed before I realized he was taking so long!

So I called him. No answer. I thought maybe he went to the bathroom to, what? I don't know. Maybe he has one of those weird rituals before doing it. :/ So I got up and knocked on the bathroom's door. No one's there. Unless he became invincible, he totally left the room! I couldn't believe it!

So I dress myself while trying not to fall on my face. I left the room and looked for him. I didn't know anyone in the party and I started panicking. How am I going to get home? How could he fucking leave me? Did he get scared?! What, do I look fat naked???

I sat on the couch and then, I couldn't help it I started crying. A girl asked me if I was okay and I remember bawling telling her, "My boyfriend thinks I look fat so he left me here alone!!!" Telling this now, I feel so stupid. LOL

Anyway, the next thing I know, my BF was there next to me and he was looking like he couldn't believe I was bawling there in the middle of the living room, people around us were staring. He then asked what's wrong and I started cursing and telling how could he leave me and where the hell did he go. LOL Apparently as he reached for his pants looking for his wallet to get some condoms, he discovered it was missing. So he got up, dressed quickly to get some in his car.

That night he brought me home, after throwing up on him, scratching his car on my way out, and, oh yeah, announcing to his friends that he should have (I believe this were the words I used) fucked me anyway without protection. (I was yelling, wince). We end up dong it after a week. LOL LOL

6/29/2006 11:45:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, mine's not really interesting, but I'll contribute.

It was Valentine's Day (not intentional, I don't do shmoopiness). We'd been together 8 months and I told him I wanted to wait until I graduated. I figured I had tons to worry about, I didn't need to add pregnancy and disease to the list. But there was an exciting basketball game that night and I was pumped up, so I thought what the hell?

After the game, we drove out to the middle of nowhere (our usual spot) to make out. He went as far as I usually let him go, then stopped. I said, why don't we just do it?

He suddenly got very clumsy. He twisted into a human pretzel to reach the condom in his pants, kneeing me in the thigh. It took so long that I started to cool down and get bored waiting for him. So when it happened, I wasn't as into it as I might have been. Of course, it didn't help that he'd been waiting more than 8 months and was so excited to finally get some, it lasted about 90 seconds. LOL I think he may have apologized for it.

We've now had a few years practice. I make sure it lasts much longer now.

6/30/2006 09:59:00 AM  

Blogger Maddie said...

I lost mine to a Schwinn Bicycle. I was learing to ride a bike...a boys bike...so I was sitting on the bar. Hit a pot hole...hurt like the devil.

7/01/2006 08:41:00 AM  

Blogger Mezcalatra said...

Regalenle una television a britney, a ver si con eso deja de fabricar niños.

7/12/2006 08:04:00 PM