Thursday, May 18, 2006

Welcome to temptation

jw06


“Sex isn’t what’s important anyway,” she said loftily. “It’s the relationship that matters, and relationships take work.” He didn’t say anything, so she went on to fill the silence. “I mean, sure, it sounds good to just hand everything over to somebody else, but that’s not how it works in real life.” She felt angry about that, which was totally inappropriate, and she was pretty sure it was the rum and Coke betraying her, but it might have been her life.


jw09


“Depends on the version of real life you’re using,” Phin said.
“Well, in my version, you have to be careful all the time and you get nothing for free,” Sophie said waspishly. “Especially orgasms.”
“Then you need another version.”


jw08


Sophie lost her breath as the silence stretched out again. Well, if he made a pass, she’d say no. She’d just turn around and look at that great face and better body, and say no. Who did he think he was, anyway? She certainly knew who she was, and she wasn’t the kind of woman who—


jw04


“Come here,” Phin said, and Sophie felt his voice in the pit of her stomach.
She shook her head.
“You’ve got nothing to loose,” he told her. “Day after tomorrow you’re gone, and we’ll never see each other again. This is our one shot at being selfish. Let somebody take care of you for a change.” She swallowed as she tried to get her breath, and he said, “Come here and let me give you an orgasm you don’t have to work for.”


jw03


The heat spread fast and low in her, and Sophie bit her lip and tried not to feel anything. Don’t be dumb, she told herself. You are not this kind of woman, this is not what you want, but her breath came faster and it was what she wanted, he was what she wanted. She opened her mouth to say no, but what came out was, “Why would you want to do that?”
“So I can touch you,” he said. “I’ve wanted to since the first time I saw you on the porch.”
There definitely wasn’t enough air by the river. The heat was driving it away. If she turned around and looked at him, she’d probably asphyxiate. “You didn’t even know me on the porch. You don’t know me now.”


jw11


“That’s the beauty of it,” Phin said. “No guilt. No responsibility. Just pleasure.”
She did turn to look at him then, and he met her eyes coolly. He had propped himself up on one elbow, but there was no tension anywhere in his body—she closed her eyes because he has such a beautiful body—no pressure there on her at all. He could have been offering her dinner and his voice would have sounded the same.
“You wouldn’t care if I said no, would you?” Sophie said, and he looked surprised.
“It wouldn’t ruin my evening.” He sat up slowly. “Okay, not a good idea. I apologize. Let me walk you back to the house, and we’ll forget—”
“I’d have to be depraved to say yes to something like that,” Sophie said, and her voice sounded thick. “I’d have to be...”


jw01


She stopped because she couldn’t get the words out, and he watched her for a moment and then he leaned closer. “Wild,” he said softly. “Reckless.” He was so close his lips were almost touching hers, and she knew he was going to kiss her. But then he said, “Satisfied,” and bit her lower lip, and the ache made her moan, and then he did kiss her, tasting her mouth as if she were candy, easing her down onto the dock as she clutched his shirt and arched into him, depraved and abandoned after all.

*Excerpt from Welcome to Temptation by Jennifer Crusie.

Labels: , , ,


26 comment(s):

Blogger Harlot said...

Okay, ladies, HANDS OFF! Phin is mine. Now i have to go and lick his tattoo... on his arms... on his leg... on his back... on his lower back... *sigh* Ooh, i have go! LOL

5/18/2006 01:20:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Josh Wald is so freaky-deaky hot :P Nice pics.

And Harlot darling, you can have Phin - WTT is one of the JC books that I hated (that one and Faking It oh and Fast Woman).

5/18/2006 01:28:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD

HOT HOT HOT! I think my heart stopped. LOL I want to be that skateboard!

Harlot, thanks so much!

Now come to me you bad boy....

5/18/2006 01:30:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Why thanks, Lanie. He is mine. LOL :P

I still can't believe you hate WTT. It's my fave JC together with BET ME.

Okay now i really have to go LOL. Smooches!

5/18/2006 01:37:00 AM  

Blogger Jo said...

I LOVE WTT!!!!! mmm... and i prefer Luc Martineu (spelling??) from See Jane Score! I want to lick the lucky tatoo... mmmmmm..... i think i'm going to have my b/f get that tatoo... or maybe when i get married as a wedding present my future husband has to get that tatoo... yummy ladies stay the hell away because i totally call dibs!

5/18/2006 02:13:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great excerpt!! This guy (I'm sorry but I haven't a clue who he is) is yummy to say the least. Although I find the little bikini picture a little disturbing. I have always thought it wrong when a man looks better in my undies than I do! Thanks for the eye candy, it makes work a little less boring,
~hehe

5/18/2006 02:22:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Picky No. 5 definitely the hottest. Ohhh I'm gonna have sweet dreams tonight. Thank you BB's.

5/18/2006 06:25:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my, this guy is hot! Not to mention he's Phin! Oohhh.. those tattoos me likey.

Georgia

5/18/2006 06:54:00 AM  

Blogger knife wielding bitch said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! Thanks Harlot! OMG! what a way to start a day! :D
--you're gonna make me late for work evil Harlot! LOL

5/18/2006 09:05:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG

Ooooohhh! I'm drooling here LOL

5/18/2006 09:25:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I need to start viewing your blog at home instead of work. Now I won't be able to concentrate. I'll just stay logged on and view yummy looking Phin all day. Makes me want to read the book. Ya'll always start my morning right. Love your blog.

Veronica

5/18/2006 09:45:00 AM  

Blogger Valeen said...

Oh my ... mmmm.

The only thing about that scene that bothered me was when he said it wouldn't ruin his evening. That pulled me right out of fantasy scene like cold water.

5/18/2006 09:46:00 AM  

Blogger C Bradshaw said...

I love this scene. Phin is so fucking sexy I would gladly do him on that dock. :P

Sigh.

5/18/2006 12:07:00 PM  

Blogger Jo said...

umm.....vixen i love you.... thank you thank you thank you thank you for that link....... he is very attractive when he smiles!... and when he isn't.... and when hes clothed.... and when hes almost NEKKED! ok all the time.... just hot all the time.... haha

5/18/2006 02:33:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

KC, it was my pleasure :)

I just knew he had to have a great smile!

5/18/2006 02:43:00 PM  

Blogger Leesha said...

ohhh YUM!!!
Thank you for some nice eye candy to start Friday with!!!

Leesha (cos Hamish isn't into guys...)

5/18/2006 04:47:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh thank you Harlot. This guy is yummy! LOL

Now I have to reread WTT.

5/18/2006 05:24:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Gawd...

This guy is totally hot. Sigh. So worth the risk of being caught by boss not working but drooling at this man's beautiful body lol

I love this blog! Thanks Harlot! :)

5/18/2006 05:45:00 PM  

Blogger Rowena said...

I love this book, it's one of my favorite JC's...I'll have to start a reread of this book, reading this excerpt was serious good stuff!

Josh Wald is SUCH a hottie, LOVE HIM!! Thanks for the eye candy!

5/18/2006 07:06:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This guy is hot!

Thanks Harlot and Trollop! :D

Now I have to reread LOL

5/18/2006 11:51:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harlot, I'm from JMBB and I love your site! You and Trollop are a hoot. :)

5/18/2006 11:55:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Petra, i love WELCOME TO TEMPTATION and BET ME. You can start with those JC books. :D



Julie, thanks for dropping by. :D

For the new posters, welcome. Hope you guys post often!

5/19/2006 12:15:00 AM  

Blogger Chuck Darwin said...

he has too many tattoos.

and a penis.

but otherwise, he's got a good body, but doubt it's actually useful if he was lost out in the wilderness.

no fat = no reserve energy to burn

5/19/2006 09:58:00 PM  

Blogger Radmila said...

The fact that he still has pubic hair is pretty impressive, but mostly I see those model type guys as gay.
I can't help it.

5/19/2006 10:44:00 PM  

Blogger Wynn Bexton said...

Oh my Gawd!!!! thanks for the arousing Saturday night read!

5/21/2006 02:42:00 AM  

Blogger Brenda said...

How can anyone NOT love WTT? I'd start with WTT then add BET ME, and TELL ME LIES is really good too. I LOVE LOVE LOVE C.L.

5/22/2006 08:59:00 PM