Saturday, May 13, 2006

A gallimaufry of salmagundi

  • I wanted to title this post “odds & ends” but found these two new, fun and weird words that apparently mean something similar LOL. Thought I’d share.

  • A lot of readers have been asking about our friends and former blog members, Bawdy Babe and Tart. I’m guessing you’re curious to know what happened and are hoping for a violent story in which we all bitch-slapped each other while mud wrestling in tiny bikinis LOL, but the truth is actually rather boring. Tart and Bawdy are both very busy with projects in RL and don’t have the amount of time which this site asks of us (which is a LOT). Tart has her own very witty and wonderful blog. Though she’ll pop in here regularly, you can visit there and read about her hilarious everyday antics.

  • I just bought myself this purrrtty bathing suit. Hating the beach doesn’t mean I can’t look fabulous while I’m there. *g* Besides, I can lye in a hammock to read a book and still have the semblance of a goddess—a very porky one at that LOL.

  • My best friend and my brother, who are engaged and live in Barcelona, are coming next week and will be spending a whole month here! I am ecstatic; we have so much stuff planned. If you’re good and promise not trash/ridicule me (grrr) I might post pics. :P
Now, I have a couple of questions, and I really hope all of you participate in answering. We really need as much help as we can get. Here we go:
  • Let’s say, hypothetically, that some famous authors agreed to be interviewed by our site; what would you ask them? The one question that you think no one else has asked. Something light and fun that won’t entail them writing paragraphs on end about their perfect day/date, favorite memories as a child, how many pair of knickers they owned when they were six, or how many strands of hair they currently have in their head. And please, *groan* no “where do you get your ideas from?” or any of those stupid-ass questions that make my eyes roll so far back in my head, I’m afraid of losing track of them LOL. LIGHT, FRESH and FUN are the guidelines! And yes, I know, I’m an evil bossy bitch as Harlot frequently reminds me.

  • Have I ever mentioned I love riddles? Answer this: If it were two hours later, it would be half as long until midnight as it would be if it were an hour later. What time is it now?

Labels: ,


22 comment(s):

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez, LOL. I'm afraid to ask my questions for fear you will roll your eyes and make fun. Hmm, I don't like to be made fun of, am quite sensitive.

But since you asked, I'll give you a question or two.

I wonder (and this may be a tad inappropriate :P) if these authors have a good sex life. b/c some of them can write the hottest/sexiest scenes and I think "OMG, she must have the best sex life." So here's a question

"Do you write your sex scenes from experiences you've had or do you have the most amazing imagination?"

Heres the boring question.

"How much time do you spend on research"*

Say their doing a book about a podiatrist, do they go spend some time with a podiatrist then use that for the book or do they do research on the internet or at the library. Some authors seem to know so much about topics and I'm curious how much time they spend on it.

Now, I LOVE the bathing suit, Very sassy and sexy!

Please, post pics of your fab time with brother and his fiance/your best friend.

*stop the eye rolling.

5/13/2006 02:33:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What advice would you give to aspiring writers out there?

LOL I'll go think of more fun questions.

5/13/2006 07:31:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about this-

If a part of your life was to be made into a movie, what would the basic plot be and who would be the actors involved?

5/13/2006 08:20:00 PM  

Blogger knife wielding bitch said...

Trollop, i know u can be really mean LOL so try to close one eye so u'll have a hard time rolling ur eyeballs! LOL how 'bout...

what made u decide to write romace instead of other genre(is this the right term?)

when (what point in ur life) did u realize that writing romance novels is something u would like to do?

nice bathing suit!!! pictures! pictures! ;D

5/13/2006 09:50:00 PM  

Blogger C Bradshaw said...

What are the top 5 most played songs on your playlist?

Who are your top 5 fave authors and which especific book of theirs do you love?

5/13/2006 10:25:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you are not an author, what profession would you be in right now?

If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Favorite phrase?

LOL

5/13/2006 10:30:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should ask this to your authors:

If you were never allowed to shave, wax, etc. either your legs or arm pits ever again, which one would you give up?

5/13/2006 10:33:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Horny old goat,

I believe it's a big NO NO not to shave both. ;) LOL

But let's see.. we might consider that question when Trollop and i are a bit more drunk. :P

5/13/2006 10:43:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Hmm, how about:
What kind of "role-playing" have you done or would definitely try in the future? Any orgasmic recs? ;)


Anonymous (running away from Trollop)

5/13/2006 10:45:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

HM, yes it is interesting LOL. We will consider it and everyone's questions. We welcome everybody's questions as we need all of them. :D

I am not Anon! Ssh! But i believe SHE means sexually LOL. (Thank God Trollop's out :P)

5/13/2006 11:26:00 PM  

Blogger Serendipity said...

What about asking an author what they would do if they're really pissed at someone?

Are they the vindictive, or give-the-other-cheek, or someother type?

5/14/2006 03:43:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At the risk of giving the eye ball locating detectives a busy night The question's i'd like answered areeee:

1 How do you handle Romace book Snobery amongst your friends, supposed loved one's and the world at large? What is your fave weapon for hitting the arse wipes who patronise you over the head with? (Royalty cheque perhaps?????)

2 which of your hero's would you realy, really, really like to shag (If your husband was looking the other way)?

3 What is your wiederest book idea? (A gyno who falls in love with a podietrist perhaps :-D)

Hope they locate your eyes real quick Trollop

PS When are you going to get a spell checker on this thing. I ask on behalf of dyslexic's every where. Dyslexics rule K.O.

5/14/2006 03:47:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Welcome Tisty! :D

Um, not sure if spell checker is available on blogger comment :( But we'll look into it. But who cares if you're mispelling words, i'm a terrible speller myself. :P LOL

Hope to see more of you on comments :D

5/14/2006 04:06:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the misspelling reassurance Harlot, But remeber, you have been warned.....

Dah dah dah dah (Spoky/villian about to get you music. Just in case you where wondering)

5/14/2006 04:39:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just one question
If they could you make one of your books disappear like it had never been, would you and why?

5/14/2006 11:23:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is your favorite color?

no really,

Is there a heroine that you've written about in one of your books that is exactly like you? If so did you realize that you were doing this or were you surprised when you'd finished the book to see that the heroine was you?

5/14/2006 08:40:00 PM  

Blogger Reincarniture said...

I would ask them when they think about what they are going to write. For example, do they sit in a chair and have "think time" or do they just think about it when they are doing everyday tasks. I for one cannot think about anything when I am doing anything. Really, my mind is blank most of the time...that is why I schedule think time...

and what is the answer to the riddle?

5/14/2006 08:44:00 PM  

Blogger Kate Diamond said...

This may be weird, but I'm writing a paper and currently filled with a very strange desire to eat a moon pie...

Does the romance novelist ever get food cravings, or fall into specific food patterns, while writing a novel?

And if so, is she willing to share recipes?

5/14/2006 09:20:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ask and you shall receive...

As a romance writer do you find it's hard to let people you know read your work; whether its' your mom/dad, siblings, friends, etc; due to the sex in the books?

Do you have any romance pet peeves? Things that make you crazy when reading?

Do you usee a pen name?

When you're reading a funny book are you the type of person who laughs out loud? (I ask this b/c I laugh out loud and dh thinks it's weird and no one else does it)

Do you stop by The Book Bitches Blog often and if not WHY aren't you?

There, see, now I've gone and annoyed you with more questions. You really should be careful what you wish for. LOL

5/14/2006 09:28:00 PM  

Blogger Leesha said...

Depending on who the author is, I would ask if they have ever been tempted to throw it all in after a book failed: or (to any author) if they participate in on line discussions and ask for ideas etc from readers and if they do, which books are they in?

Leesha

5/14/2006 11:58:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My questions:

Who are some of your favourite authors?

What are your top 5 books?

Are you a morning or a night person?

Where do you write? (Office at home, local cafe, etc)

What’s your favourite household chore? (or is it only me that loves to vacuum LOL).

Lanie

5/15/2006 01:30:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can think of a million questions, but at the risk of getting eye-rolling...I'll narrow it down to my top 5!
1)What is your essential form of art to have around? Mine's music. I can't live without it, some people prefer color, movies..etc.
2)Do you read the critics and if you do, do you generally agree with them or disagree?
3)Do you find that your writing style has progressed over the years or are some of your early books still your best/favorite?
4)How much of a say does the "popular demand" have on what you write? Do you write what you want, or is it what you think people want to read?
5)If you could be anything other than a writer what would you be and why?

So there's my questions! Hope that helps you out a bit and let me know if you need some more. I'm a question type of person. I was that kid that always asked why :)
~hehe

5/15/2006 10:35:00 PM