Sunday, May 7, 2006

Like nails down a blackboard

Last night, for the first time in a while I got to lye down and just read. *sigh* I was really looking forward to enjoying The Gift by Julie Garwood, but as they say, it was not meant to be. Two things prevented me from doing so: 1) the book is bloody awful, and 2) there was a very annoying and grating sound screeching non-stop in my head—to the point that I had to put my hands over my ears to make it cease—until I realized the TV was on and the exasperating sound wasn’t a random figment of my imagination but Nancy Grace’s voice.

Out of all the irritating media people, Nancy Grace gets to me the most. There are simply no words with which I can convey how much I dislike this woman and her arrogant holier-than-god attitude.

So many things are wrong with her, I don’t even know where to start. Her helmet hair and bulging crazy eyes (crack perhaps? LOL) first come to mind. But her most annoying trait is, without a doubt, her voice—it should be outlawed all over the world! Please, someone get this lady a fucking speech therapist. It’s aggravating to hear a grown woman screech like a hillbilly banshee on international television.

Then, there’s the fact that show after show, she milks her creatively altered personal history, of how her fiancé was murdered all the way back in 1979 and never got a fair trial. With this, she justifies her ill-founded, inaccurate and misleading blabber about the deficient justice system in the United States, and everyone she takes into her judgmental mind to deem a criminal; because to her it should be guilty until proven innocent, and even then, they’re probably always guilty LOL.

She is unwatchable and certainly unlikable; she is also the reason I stopped watching Larry King Live. There is only so much of her you can take before you end up in a white padded cell wearing a straight jacked.

And yes, I will grudgingly admit that she appears to be very smart and that her show is quite good in regards to the material and how it brings awareness to a big part of the population that trusts CNN blindly. But, please, couldn’t they have the same show with another host? Perhaps Janice from Friends will take the gig; she’d definitely be a step up!

Labels: , , ,


5 comment(s):

Blogger Harlot said...

Oh god, i have nothing but to agree on this one. Nancy Grace is very annoying! And that voice... *shudder* Good thinking about Janice LOL. Though have to say, i do like those episodes when she suddenly appears and makes everyone, especially Chandler, miserable. :P

Btw, what happened to your video babe? LOL That was very funny. :P

5/07/2006 06:12:00 AM  

Blogger Lori said...

I could not agree with you more! I think the sound of her voice would rouse me from a coma. If my legs were paralyzed I'd suddenly be able to run....to the tv to turn it off. My husband and I hate everything about her. You nailed all the details; but have you also noticed that the people she gets to stand in for her are Nancy Grace clones? Blond, self-righteous, holier-than-thou, blabbering. You're kinder than I -- I won't grant that she's smart.

5/07/2006 08:37:00 AM  

Blogger Nica D said...

i don't usually watch the news, since i decided that i'd rather just pay for cable internet, lol. so i couldn't remember who she was, watched that video and X_x almost died. yeah she does have a horrible voice, why on earth would anyone let her be on tv at all?

and i've got to agree that Janice would be a step up, i was laughing the first time i heard that actor talk, cos she doesn't really talk like that. took me a few minutes to figure out who it was.

5/07/2006 01:33:00 PM  

Blogger T-girl said...

ROTFLMAO! Janice? I don't think that was her real voice... maybe Fran Dresher could hook you up though! I have to admit I could never put my finger on it until know... her voice is absolutely HORENDOUS... and it does not help she tries to talk in that "I know it all and you better listin voice!" Thanks for clearing this up for me!

5/07/2006 06:48:00 PM  

Blogger Marshall Darts said...

You live in an age of megamedia. There is not enough content to satisfy as many information outlets as are available. The more outlets the more noise.

The theory is that the louder the noise the more chance that viewers will listen.

5/07/2006 07:20:00 PM