Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It’s getting hot in the Winter Garden *pheeew*

I’m not sure how I came upon The Winter Garden by Adele Ashworth. It’s been sitting in my ebook reader for months which is a usual occurrence for me, even more so now that my titles are lost inside the ebookwise. At least before I could see the physical copies in my TBR and remember to read whichever book. Now, I don’t even have that to remind me, but that’s a topic for another post (oh my, I can feel your excitement and eagerness for that one LOL).

I’m about one quarter into the book and enjoying it immensely. I am especially enthralled by the enormous amount of sexual tension between the main characters. Mamasita! Their banter is so hot I’m thinking of reading with a bag of ice on my privates LOL.

Adele Ashworth’s writing makes me feel Thomas and Madeleine’s powerful desire and passionate need; time and time again she leaves me (and the characters!) pending from this incredibly sensual precipice. It’s such an intense feeling I wish it would last till the end of the novel; who needs consummation when you can have this great anticipation?

If the book turns out to be exceptionally good or astoundingly bad you know I’ll blog it. If it’s just in between you’ll probably never see me mention it again, like hundreds others. Because really, what’s more boring than a review of a meh book?

Labels:


10 comment(s):

Blogger Carrie said...

Wow, based on that description I'm adding this to my "to be purchased" pile unless you come back saying it turned out to be awful.

10/29/2008 04:57:00 PM  

Blogger ValVega said...

A bit over half into the book and can I just say WOW?

10/30/2008 02:58:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm almost finished it (at your recommendation Trollop =D ) and I really like it. I think it's the bit where I am up to now which is making it good though. I love what he feels for her and even what he kept from her. I haven't read much of Adele Ashworth's stuff but I am going to after this.
Thanks Trollop! I was running out of things to read =)

10/31/2008 03:51:00 AM  

Blogger ValVega said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10/31/2008 09:29:00 AM  

Blogger ValVega said...

Gabrielle,

***SPOILER****


I'm at the part where he just took off his pants and other stuff.... did you see that coming? I was imagining all sorts of scenarios about him and that was one of it but I didn't want to believe it. Anywho, this woman is so good not even the shallowest most superficial reader like me could not love Thomas and the book. Looking forward to see what the other secrets are (I'm sure there are others! LOL).

If people actually participated I'd make this a BBC...

10/31/2008 09:41:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah I finished it last night and I absolutely LOVED the ending. I never saw that part coming. I was shocked. But she did it really well and it was good because he wasn't defined by his disability. He was more than that which was amazing.
I'm reading Someone Irresistable by Adele atm and I'm liking this one too. I think it will have another plot twist which I can't wait to see.

Trollop, it gets even better towards the end =D

10/31/2008 05:50:00 PM  

Blogger ValVega said...

Gabrielle,

I just finished and have to say I can't remember enjoying a romance so much in a long time. I don't think it will be in my top 10 but it's definitely a keeper.

I loved the ending. I loved that the characters were true to the description of them and their actions. I loved that there were no stupid misunderstandings that could have been solved with two words. I love that he'd loved her for so long. *sigh*

I've gotten another one of hers, seems like it's a prequel to Winter Garden. I think it's called Stolen Charms and the H/H mentioned in the prologue of Winter Garden.

10/31/2008 06:12:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean and I completely agree with you. I loved how the ending wasn't overdone. It was just a simple thing. And the last line was really cute, not the regular cloyingly sweet stuff. The fact that she didn't hold it against him FOREVER was really well done. Ashworth could've really stuffed up with having it resolved so quickly but she did it amazingly well.

I will have to read Stolen Charms. I can't remember the people mentioned in the prologue so I'll look it up.
Thank god I have more books to read now =D

10/31/2008 06:36:00 PM  

Blogger ValVega said...

Wait, that should have been epilogue NOT prologue!!!! So sorry LOL It's that couple that dines or something with them and maddie mentions they worked on an assignment together.

10/31/2008 10:05:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why don't I remember that either? Must go back and check..

10/31/2008 11:38:00 PM