Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Help! CS3 nightmare!!!!

I cannot fucking uninstall Adobe Dreamweaver CS3. I need to reinstall it because it’s not playing nice with the CS4 Beta. I was able to uninstall DWCS4 with no problem but bloody DWCS3 will not uninstall. It’s stuck to my computer like a fucking leech!

I tried to do the normal windows uninstall through the Control Panel. When that didn’t work (it freezes halfway through the uninstall or reinstall), I tried removing it manually—which I know is a damn stupid idea—but I was desperate. *sigh* I erased all the folders but I can still see the it in the Programs and Features. I tried to uninstall again and the same problem happened.

I soooooooooooo don’t want to run the CS3 Clean. It will be a real headache to reinstall ALL my CS3 programs again. *sniff*

Anyone know how to uninstall DWCS3, the program from hell?


9 comment(s):

Blogger ValVega said...

I had to call adobe like 300 times and ended up having to run the cs3 clean anyway. Really, Adobe people should get their act together. Their products are ridiculously expensive they should at least work!!!

6/12/2008 08:04:00 AM  

Blogger Thomas J. Brown said...

Wow, I've never heard anyone speak so disparagingly of an Adobe product, particularly Dreamweaver!

Unless you're a beta tester, why do you want to use the beta version anyway? The other programmer I work with tried out the Dreamweaver CS4 beta and he found it to be clunky and a bit unresponsive. But hey, it's a beta.

He also said that, when he installed it, some of this CS3 extensions were overwritten, which caused some problems.

At this point, since you've been deleting random files, your best bet is probably to just run the CS3 Clean and get everything back to normal.

Deleting the files might remove the program, but Windows will still see it because of how the OS stores that kind of information (it doesn't just look in the Program Files folder to see what's installed).

6/12/2008 11:27:00 AM  

Blogger Shoshana said...

I don't even know what you're talking about...otherwise, I'd help you. It sounds like that same people made Turbo Tax. Once its in your computer, it never, ever gets off and it uses lots of energy too.

6/12/2008 07:38:00 PM  

Blogger Thomas J. Brown said...

Intuit (who makes Turbo Tax) isn't known for their customer service.

That's nothing compared to Real Networks, however, whose software is notoriously invasive and impossible to uninstall.

6/12/2008 09:28:00 PM  

Blogger ValVega said...

The problem was really the conflicting CS4 Beta and the DWCS3. It only affected DW though which I found odd. I had to run the CS3 clean twice to get rid of the program b/c I couldn't reinstall it. At least the Adobe people were very helpful and nice. But still, what a nightmare reinstalling all the programs (I use Flash, Fireworks, Dreamweaver and Photoshop so it took a lot of time). I mostly use these programs for fun. I like learning new stuff ;)

I installed Firefox a couple of years ago and I had to run the recovery disk to uninstall the damn thing. It fucked up everything in my computer. Very strange seeing as everyone loves it. I'm using Safari for MS now and I have to say: Apple, I'm sold! I am sooooo getting a Mac when I replace my laptop in a couple of years. Safari ROCKS! Love it :)

6/12/2008 11:12:00 PM  

Blogger Thomas J. Brown said...

I think you're the definitely the exception to the rule. Firefox is the single greatest browser I've ever used. At this point, I wouldn't trade it in for anything.

I've found that Safari renders pages pretty well, but it does some funky stuff when it comes to colors – stuff that Firefox, IE, Opera, et al never do. Firefox 3 is coming out in less than a week; you might give it another go.

6/12/2008 11:24:00 PM  

Blogger ValVega said...

Thomas, I think I'll give it a try as long as I'm assure I''ll be able to get rid of it if I don't like it LOL

Might be that I love Safari so much b/c IE is a such a useless piece of S****! LOL

I've been looking into new things to add to my computer. I got a dock which I love. Don't know how I lived w/o it before. Any recommendations on cool applications is very welcomed.

6/13/2008 08:45:00 AM  

Blogger ValVega said...

Re: Funky colors in Safari.

Yep. Kind of odd colors and big clunky font (as if everything were bold and a big shadowy). Still I'd take it over IE any day of the year! LOL

6/13/2008 08:50:00 AM  

Blogger Thomas J. Brown said...

Tell me about it! IE 6 is the bane of my existence. There's little more annoying than building a beautiful website that renders perfectly in FF and SF, only to have IE screw it up.

To be fair, IE 7 is leaps and bounds ahead of 6, and 8 promises to be something worth writing home about. Here's Microsoft they can deliver on that promise.

6/13/2008 09:17:00 AM