Sunday, June 8, 2008

Over ¼ life crisis

I’m so bloody confused!

After the campaign, the job offers have been pouring in like crazy. The weirdest thing is, most offers aren’t even in my field. I worked with a lot of people during the elections: diverse backgrounds, owners of different types of companies, etc. Now, some of them want me to go work for them but I’m dragging my feet at making any life altering decisions at the moment.

What I really like is political analysis and strategy and I fear if I steer away from it I won’t be happy. I know I would do a great job in any field I choose. I can’t do anything half-assed and there is nothing I hate more than being mediocre (well, stupid people are the thing that annoy me the most in life but mediocrity is a close second LOL) but my dilemma, at the moment, is making a decision... the right the decision.

I’m applying to some international organizations that work with documenting and following elections around the world: NDI, UN, IS, and even the World Bank, but positions at these places are really hard to come by. You know, that when you send in your application people more qualified, and with more experience from all over the globe, just send in theirs.

I’m between what I want and what I can have. Really hard place to be *sigh* and yet, I should be beaten for even complaining when I’ve been so lucky already. Those are humans for you LOL.

Labels:


5 comment(s):

Blogger Terri said...

Good Luck,

I am sure you will find the perfect job for you.

6/08/2008 09:44:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no experience in these matters so I can't really give you any worthwhile comments.
I just wanted to wish you luck too. Choose the job that will make you happy because otherwise it's just not worth it.
But then that could be my inner optimist talking =)

6/08/2008 08:43:00 PM  

Blogger Alice said...

It sounds as though you are brilliant and highly qualified for all of the jobs that you're applying to. Good luck with everything! (If you do work for UN, make sure you kick some ass and get them to do something other than sitting around and drinking coffee....

6/10/2008 09:51:00 PM  

Blogger ValVega said...

Alice,

That's just it, I'm neither brilliant nor highly qualified *sniff* If I were, Obama would be knocking on my door to offer me a job in his campaign LOL As it is I'll have to make do begging for a job in an international org which are damn hard to get.

6/11/2008 01:58:00 PM  

Blogger ValVega said...

Typo correction:

Hard should have been damn near impossible LOL

6/11/2008 01:59:00 PM