I hate the abnormal amount of sweating that comes with it and the bouncy annoying kids that are everywhere, now that school is out. I hate the sun, and the beach before dark. There’s really nothing I can think of that I like about this season—except, perhaps, the great books that are published around this time of year; this is the only silver lining in the middle of the unbearable heat I’m living in!
There is a long list of books that I’m dying to get my greedy little hands on, and they’re all coming out soon. :) These are the books on my To Buy List:
- Twelve Sharp by Janet Evanovich
- On the Way to the Wedding by Julia Quinn (This one I’m reading now. The first 100 pages were very boring, but the rest of the book is fab! I’d say just skip those first chapters and move on to the good stuff LOL.)
- Baby Proof by Emily Giffin (LOVING Something Borrowed, our June BBC selection.)
- Scandal in Spring by Lisa Kleypas
- Smitten by Janet Evanovich (JE must not be getting any sleep; she has three books coming out this summer!)
- Swapping Lives by Jane Green
- Can’t Wait to Get to Heaven by Fannie Flagg
- Lilah by Marek Halter (You HAVE to read MH, his books are amazing! I love biblical fiction.)
- Bad Attitude by Sherrilyn Kenyon
There is also quite a list of audiobooks** I want to get through this summer—especially now that I’m back at the gym, I need my iPod to keep me company and not let me get bored to tears. These are the ones I want to get through in the next couple of months:
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling
- The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella
- In Her Shoes by Jennifer Weiner
- Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
- Welcome to Temptation by Jennifer Crusie
- Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie
- Angels & Demons by Dan Brown
- Wade into summer reading fun. Has something for all ages, both fiction and non-fiction choices.
- Helping children choose books for summer reading. For the little ones in our lives (well, your lives since I don’t know any kids LOL).
- Richard and Judy unveil book list. No bloody clue as to who Richard and Judy are, but still check it out. :P
- Summer reading: Sexy summer beach reads. Really nice list by Amazon editors.
- 10 unforgettable beach reads. Discover this list of books you will treasure long after summer ends.
- Writers’ favorite beach books. What Scott Turow, Joyce Carol Oates, and Michael Connelly read on vacation.
**All except The Undomestic Goddess are rereads.
Labels: bibliophile’s affair