The event, hosted by Fabio and webcast at tasteyoulove.com, challenged the hunks to act out romantic scenes with members of the audience. A panel of romance experts including Fashion Emergency co-host Leon Hall, associate editor of Sports Illustrated’s annual swimsuit issue MJ Day, and bestselling romance novelist Eloisa James, judged the show.
So who is Fabio’s successor, you ask? Greg Vaughan, the soap star who plays Lucky Spencer on ABC’s General Hospital.
Unlike my sushi-addict Trollop, I don’t luuurve soap operas LOL, so my first thought was: Who the hell is this poor guy? Hence, I did a little research on him who will soon be serenading every butter-laving romance junkie.
Birthday: June 15, 1973
Birthplace: Dallas, Texas, USA
Eye color: brown
Hair color: brown
Hobbies: skiing, hiking, roller-blading, windsurfing, and horseback-riding; singing and playing his guitar
Pets: a labrador, Daisy
- Greg was a model before he was an actor. He did some campaigns for Gianni Versace, Tommy Hilfiger, Banana Republic, and Ralph Lauren.
- His first major acting role was on the prime time series Malibu Shores. He also had a role on Beverly Hills 90210, and made guest appearances on Baywatch, Buffy, and Will & Grace.
- He appeared in the movie Poison Ivy: The New Seduction in 1997.
- He was named as one of People’s Sexiest Men Alive in December 2002.
- He played neighbor Dan Gordon, Piper’s (Holly Marie Combs) love interest, in the TV show Charmed.
- He used to date his former Charmed co-star, Alyssa Milano.
- Greg has a sweet tooth for cake.
“Fabio’s shoes will be hard to fill,” said heartthrob Greg Vaughan. “He truly exemplifies the fantasy and romance of the I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! brand. I’m very excited to be crowned the King of Romance and can’t wait to be a part of the I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! team.”
“I wish Greg the best of luck in becoming the heartthrob to thousands of adoring fans,” said the long-term romantic icon, Fabio. “He proved to be a true romance role model. But fans shouldn’t count me out yet. After all, I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! is like family to me and family is never too far away.”
**I apologize for Trollop’s absence, your majesty. She’s still in our humble manor, laughing; apparently hearing your speech and keeping a straight face is beyond her, that heathen!