Friday, June 9, 2006

All hail the new King of Romance! Huh? I can't believe it's not butter!

greg06


Apparently, unbeknownst to Trollop and me, millions of people have been voting online from March through May on who would replace Fabio as the new romance king for I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! (Not that Trollop and I would’ve voted... Hmm, come to think of it, maybe we would have! LOL)


The event, hosted by Fabio and webcast at tasteyoulove.com, challenged the hunks to act out romantic scenes with members of the audience. A panel of romance experts including Fashion Emergency co-host Leon Hall, associate editor of Sports Illustrated’s annual swimsuit issue MJ Day, and bestselling romance novelist Eloisa James, judged the show.


So who is Fabio’s successor, you ask? Greg Vaughan, the soap star who plays Lucky Spencer on ABC’s General Hospital.

Unlike my sushi-addict Trollop, I don’t luuurve soap operas LOL, so my first thought was: Who the hell is this poor guy? Hence, I did a little research on him who will soon be serenading every butter-laving romance junkie.


greg01


Name: Greg Vaughan
Birthday: June 15, 1973
Birthplace: Dallas, Texas, USA
Eye color: brown
Hair color: brown
Hobbies: skiing, hiking, roller-blading, windsurfing, and horseback-riding; singing and playing his guitar
Pets: a labrador, Daisy


greg04


Additional info:
  • Greg was a model before he was an actor. He did some campaigns for Gianni Versace, Tommy Hilfiger, Banana Republic, and Ralph Lauren.
  • His first major acting role was on the prime time series Malibu Shores. He also had a role on Beverly Hills 90210, and made guest appearances on Baywatch, Buffy, and Will & Grace.
  • He appeared in the movie Poison Ivy: The New Seduction in 1997.
  • He was named as one of People’s Sexiest Men Alive in December 2002.
  • He played neighbor Dan Gordon, Piper’s (Holly Marie Combs) love interest, in the TV show Charmed.
  • He used to date his former Charmed co-star, Alyssa Milano.
  • Greg has a sweet tooth for cake.
This Greg guy is in no way close to MY Raoul’s level of hotness; still, I’ll say, he’s definitely a big improvement after Daddy-o Fabio, don’t ya think? (Did I seriously just say “daddy-o”? Oh god, *groan* kill me.)


greg05


“Fabio’s shoes will be hard to fill,” said heartthrob Greg Vaughan. “He truly exemplifies the fantasy and romance of the I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! brand. I’m very excited to be crowned the King of Romance and can’t wait to be a part of the I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! team.”

“I wish Greg the best of luck in becoming the heartthrob to thousands of adoring fans,” said the long-term romantic icon, Fabio. “He proved to be a true romance role model. But fans shouldn’t count me out yet. After all, I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! is like family to me and family is never too far away.”


greg03


Thank the good lord we won’t be seeing the last of HRH Fabio!!! Whew, got worried there for a sec! In any case, for you, King Greg, here’s a big curtsy** (watching for my boobs not to spill out of my tight purrty corset). May you rule with twice the sweet cream buttermilk for even more fresh butter taste. Naturally cholesterol free, of course.

**I apologize for Trollop’s absence, your majesty. She’s still in our humble manor, laughing; apparently hearing your speech and keeping a straight face is beyond her, that heathen!

Labels: , ,


17 comment(s):

Anonymous Anonymous said...

His speech, LMAO!
That was priceless.

But Harlot, you're right he's definitely an improvement after Fabio. Er sorry, Daddy-o Fabio. LOL

6/09/2006 08:40:00 AM  

Blogger C Bradshaw said...

LMAO

But you know Harlot, I know Greg from General Hospital and he's a cutie! ;)

6/09/2006 08:41:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Casey, I couldn't picture him on GH but now that I remember him, you're right he is a cutie on the show. I haven't watched GH in awhile. When I do catch a soap I watch Days of our Lives (I know it's so rediculously stupid lately). I can't seem to let the show go. LOL.
Maybe I will stop by GH and check out the new Romantic Butter King :)

6/09/2006 09:18:00 AM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

Eloisa James was one of the judges? She has good taste. I think this guy is hot. And compare to Fabio, you're right Harlot, LOL, definitely an improvement.

6/09/2006 10:56:00 AM  

Blogger Lorelei said...

How could they replace Fabio?! He's the finest specimen of a man I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!!

6/09/2006 11:26:00 AM  

Blogger C Bradshaw said...

Vixen, I too haven't seen GH for a while. But Greg's definitely one of the reasons why I love it, LOL. He's hot! :P

Loralei, LOL! But yeah, I guess I can see why you're into Fabio, hehe... Just imagine that long soft hair.... sexy! LMAO

6/09/2006 12:14:00 PM  

Blogger Isabella said...

Harlot, I thought we're going to have another wanker's party today? Or is that for later? :P

6/09/2006 01:49:00 PM  

Blogger dancechica said...

That is Dan! I thought I recognized his picture. I loved him on Charmed. He is definitely a cutie. ;)

Vixen,
I hear ya about DOOL. I've been watching that show for yeaars! I can't seem to let it go either. But I tend to watch One Life to Live more even tho it's just as crazy. lol.

6/09/2006 03:52:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you're not having your "wanker party" today eh?

When is it going to be the men's turn? I demand more pics of naked women!

6/09/2006 03:56:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Harlot, I was looking forward to another wanker party...

Anyway, I too know this guy! Neighbor Dan of Charmed! I loved him there. Too bad he only stayed for one season.

6/09/2006 05:35:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, question: What does romance have ANYTHING to do with butter substitutes? *confused*

6/09/2006 09:06:00 PM  

Blogger knife wielding bitch said...

oh yeah! DAN next door hottie of the Charmed ones! he IS HOT! can he be mine?! LOL

6/09/2006 09:51:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh ladies, you should have seen him on the GH wedding scene last year. And his tattoo... yum.

6/10/2006 02:56:00 AM  

Blogger Rachel said...

Harlot, how could you think neighbor Dan is not hot? He's such a cutie! Loved him on Charmed.

6/10/2006 03:39:00 PM  

Blogger Currin Girl said...

I can see how being a Versace model would pale in comparison to spokesperson for a butter substitute.

As for Fabio, what does this mean? Does the bird who met its untimely death, because of him, beckon to him from the Great Big Rollercoaster in the sky?

6/10/2006 04:14:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Nice blog! I'm from Croatia, Europe. You've got very good pics, guys are soo sexy!! You can visit me if you want! My blog is: http://helenamalipariz.blog.hr
Bye

6/10/2006 04:17:00 PM  

Blogger Cristina said...

omg.... he's is awesome hahaha cool blog!!

6/11/2006 11:03:00 AM