Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Devil may cry



I’d completely forgotten that Sherrilyn Kenyon’s new Dark Hunter book, Devil May Cry, was already out! How remiss of me! Solved that little problem right away—got myself an ebook copy (no “real” books for me this year in Spain *sniff*) and will cuddle in bed with my LP enjoying a 60 degree Barcelona “summer” evening. *snort*

If the book is amazingly good or unbearably bad, I’ll let you guys know how it went. If not, well, errr, kind of hate writing reviews so you might not hear anything about it LOL.

A little trivia: The “Dark Hunter” series is probably the main reason Harlot and I became friends! I’d never read them, she recommended them AND got me copies and, well, what can I say? I was hooked! *g*


Related:

Labels: ,


19 comment(s):

Blogger ValVega said...

This might not be a good moment to mention that I'm still halfway into HP5 :/ Thing is I only have it in audio here and its soooooo slow to listen to :(

8/22/2007 04:42:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

You should be embarrassed for calling yourself a true HP fan. Have yet to read HP7? *gasp* For shame!

8/22/2007 05:16:00 PM  

Blogger Petra said...

I haven't even read The Dream Hunter. What about that one, is it good? Because the book before that (with the word "moon" on the title I can't remember) is bad.

8/22/2007 05:22:00 PM  

Blogger ValVega said...

Petra, you wont believe this, but Harlot said the EXACT same thing not 20 minutes ago LOL

The last two werent that good. Or maybe it was that one with the shadow and that idiotic dream hunter book? The last were-hunter wasn't so bad and I know it was one of the last releases. So I might be getting them confused.

8/22/2007 06:08:00 PM  

Blogger ValVega said...

I can't believe you posted that horrid video harlot! LOL And here I thought SK couldn't get any worse than those hiddeous covers. Boy was I wrong LOL

8/22/2007 06:11:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Oh yes LOL. Have yet to read Dream Hunter. Usually, i let Trollop read the DH books first and then she lets me know if they're good. You know, she can suffer the bad books for the both of us. :P

That video is so funny! Trollop showed it to me before and the first thing i thought was that Sin looked like a deranged Ken doll channeling the Matrix magic or something. Well, he still looks like it LOL.

8/22/2007 06:21:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm torn. i was thinking this would be fun to read this series based solely on BB recommend. but some are good, some are not so?

what are there 12 books? how many are not so? i love to read whole series to follow the characters and will put up with some repeat, but, well, hmm.

the video for some reason reminds me of these stupid justin timberlake ads on hbo. he irritates me.

8/22/2007 07:13:00 PM  

Blogger Menchie said...

I've read the book already. I liked that Ash had a big part in the story.

The one that really sucked was Dark Side of the Moon.

Devil May Cry isn't that bad but nor is it as good as the first ones SK cranked out (like Zarek and Valerian's story).

8/22/2007 08:32:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm only on #12, but someone on a message board was complaining about DMC, and I won't give it away here, but I was surprised by who the heroine was.

8/22/2007 09:19:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so disappointed with Dark Side of The Moon, I have yet to read The Dream Hunter even though I bought it on release day. :(

I cannot believe it! To think she got me hooked on vamp romance.. I want it to be good again!

And the video!! ROTFLMAO! I got the email for it and I remember gaping speechless for about 15 seconds before rolling away with laughter. It's very cheesy, but then I remember the books are kinda like that.. you just have to get in the moment.. sigh. I love the DH no matter what.

8/23/2007 07:40:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh btw, I thought the covers for her books are really good, but maybe that's 'cause i buy the ones from PIATKUS - Kyrian's book caught my eye and the rest was history. Talon's book had a VERYHOTHOTYUMMY guy on it. You guys should check it out.

8/23/2007 07:42:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

2nd Amdt,
What complain exactly? If it's a spoiler you can just warn us with a "spoiler alert" or something. :P


Babz,
SK's covers are hideous. Ack. I honestly think if i didn't know about the Dark-Hunters i wouldn't have picked up those books because the covers really don't attract me. :/

And i didn't like Talon's book LOL. My favorites are Valerius's and Zarek's.

8/23/2007 08:42:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Donna, some of the books in the series aren't exactly good, but i think SK has a very rich imagination. I *LOVE* mythology and with her Dark-Hunters, it's like she created another branch of it and i find that AMAZING. Even some authors copied her ideas and made it appear like it was theirs. *snort* And yes, Ash and Simi rock. ;)

If you're interested, i suggest reading the books in order. You can start with this list.

Btw, speaking of vampires, have you read Twilight? Not sure if you've read my rants about Eclipse but the first book is TRULY excellent; in fact it's sooo good it's one of those books that reminds me why i love to read. :)

8/23/2007 08:46:00 AM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

Compare to the last three DH books, Devil May Cry is great. Not as good as Val's book or Vane's though. I am just waiting for Ash's book to come out.

Loved this video! I think it's stupid but you have to laugh at the way it looks. LOL

8/23/2007 09:57:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harlot, these are the books I buy:
http://www.piatkus.co.uk/

Search for Sherrilyn Kenyon and you can see all the covers. An example:

http://www.piatkus.co.uk/display.asp?type=book&isbn=0%207499%203608%208
I have no idea how to do the url, sorry, maybe someone can tell me?

Anyways, this one was the one that caught my eyes. C'mon, you can't say the guy isn't hot!

8/23/2007 10:21:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The poster said that Kenyon and the DK series had jumped the shark for her a couple of books ago, and that:

--it was "flat, juvenile writing" with "predictable, obligatory sex and violence"

--"Ash remains locked up n Olympus performing stud service for a woman who disgusts him." I have trouble understanding the relationship there as well.

But finally -- MAJOR SPOILER ALERT --

An 11,000 year old secret-secret baby: the heroine Katra is the daugther of Artemis and Acheron.

8/24/2007 09:38:00 AM  

Blogger Lollie Rose said...

LMAO about that video!

Trollop, how are you liking the book so far?

2nd amdt, I haven't read the book yet but I'm not that surprised that Kat is Artemis and Ash's daughter. I'm even beginning to think that Ash's heroine is Artemis.

8/24/2007 10:27:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

I'm not surprised either about Kat as Ash and Artie's daughter. Well, Trollop told me LOL but i'm relieved really as i don't want her to be Ash's heroine.

Ohhh.. i can't wait when Ash finally finds out about this! Mwahahaha, Artie is in soooo much trouble! :D (Ok, i have to read!)


Babz,
Ah, those covers. Yeah, they're muchos better. LOL

I can't explain it here because it will translate the codes and it will appear as link, so here. That first one that says Anchor Tag and Href Attribute. Er, hope that makes sense. :/

8/25/2007 01:16:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked it. It was actually better than the last couple I read. Finally bigger, jucier pieces of info are out there.

GWB

9/03/2007 12:24:00 PM