Thursday, May 17, 2007

Mad, bad and dangerous to know

Not Lord Byron,** geesh. I’m talking about the mad, bad, oh-so-sexy Dark-Hunters. *g* Okay, for those of you who are not in the know, here’s some news from Sherrilyn Kenyon:

Upcoming mad, bad immortals. Devil May Cry will be out on 08/07, while Upon the Midnight Clear on 10/31. Now, here are some samples of the manga drawings (first Ash and then a daimon) from The Dark-Hunter Companion which is due out on 11/15:





“Demons are a guy’s best friend.” That is, according to Acheron LOL. Click here to view his MySpace page. Of course, don’t forget to cruise SK’s own page as well.

Devil may cry. SK’s DMC tour kicks off on Aug 7th at Borders in Ann Arbor with a verra special launch party. Come in your jammies or costume and be the first to buy a copy of DMC. (The whole tour will be podcasted on her site.)

Anyway, have you “bitten a friend” yet? Not THAT bitting, you pervs! St. Martin’s offers a bonus excerpt for DMC. To receive it and other special notifications and excerpts, click here.

Dream-Hunter. The next Dream-Hunter book won’t be Solin but Xypher (pronounced like Cipher) in DMC, the dude who is—according to SK—nuts, angry and tortured. Hmmm... Oh, and, “he makes Zarek look warm and fuzzy :) ooooo!!!”

Ash’s book. It’s a full two books combined into one volume (with his past and present combined), meaning, there is no cutting and there won’t be any waiting between the books—which me likey really really. What I DON’T like is, it won’t be out this year!!! (I KNOW! *grrr*) It will be out NO LATER than summer 2008. Ye gods, seriously, how much longer do I have to wait? :/


I don’t have the date yet as it’s not been set by the publisher. No one is trying to put anything over on the public, it’s just I want it to be the absolute best too and since it’s over 800 pages and will probably come in around 1000, I need extra time to work on it. And it’s a VERY hard book to write (when you read it, you’ll fully understand). I think they’re waiting on me to finish the mss before they set the date (I’m guessing) and I know they’re planning a big shindig for its release. So please be patient. I’m working as fast as I can while making sure not to shortchange any book for another. That being said, there will be a special sneak peek excerpt for Ash’s book in one of my upcoming books.


**British poet Lord Byron was famously described by Lady Caroline Lamb as “mad, bad and dangerous to know.”

Related:

Labels:


17 comment(s):

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

There are dark hunter mangas? I can't believe Ash's book got delayed again. BTW who is Sin's heroine? Is it Artemis?

5/17/2007 11:02:00 AM  

Blogger Vanessa said...

I thought they were releasing Ash's book this December. Apparently not.

I like the anime drawings, though the Ash in my mind is way hotter ;)

5/17/2007 12:42:00 PM  

Blogger Petra said...

Why am I not surprised that Ash's book won't be released this year? His is the only story I'm waiting for and it seems I'll be waiting forever!

5/17/2007 01:54:00 PM  

Blogger ValVega said...

I'm not actually looking forward to Ash's book that much anymore, b/c I can asure you, after I read it SK will never see my money again LOL

Still, I enjoy the series, even the lastest ones that haven't been so good.

Good thing Harlot and I still have the Brothers, True? LOL

5/17/2007 02:37:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so excited! It seems so long ago that I read the series in whole and I'm missing the vamp world, though the last couple stories haven't been so great. i really want Ash's story and to know how the whole Ash/Nick thing is going to go down.

5/17/2007 04:52:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm totally lookin' forward to Ash's story. I haven't read the latest of the DH books...I have it downstairs on a table near my door...but I've been wrapped up in another series and unable to get to it.

Still, it's good to know she's taking her time with the Ash book and not just rushing it to print!

Cheers,
ms

5/17/2007 05:37:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

just thought I would pass it on...they are announcing who Sin's heroine is on the SK BBS friday at noon..at this point I am leaning towards Kat

5/17/2007 07:08:00 PM  

Blogger Jolie said...

Anonymous, Kat is Sin's heroine?? Oh this is good... They say Kat will be Ash's heroine but I would prefer a different girl. Thank you for that!

5/17/2007 07:26:00 PM  

Blogger Jolie said...

BTW, what about Nick, any news about him? What about Savitar? They will get their own books too, I hope.

5/17/2007 07:30:00 PM  

Blogger Ladybug said...

I'm tired of waiting for Ash's book but I prefer SK not rushing it to meet a deadline.

I want to know more about Savitar. When Ash's story is finally told, Savitar will probably replace Ash.

5/17/2007 07:55:00 PM  

Blogger Menchie said...

Even though her last Dark Hunter book was disappointing, am still looking forward to it. Though the Dream Hunter was a lot better than Dark Side of the Moon.

5/17/2007 08:32:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just want all of them to be released! I know I'm being impatient but there is nothing I love more than being able to sit down and read them one right after the other.
I heard that Kat was going to be Ash's heroin too. I think it would be romantic after what happened in The Dream Hunter (I think that was it).

I wasnt impressed with Dream Hunter or the Dark Side of Moon. They were alright but they just werent as good as some of her other stuff..

5/18/2007 03:23:00 AM  

Blogger Lorelei said...

I didn't like Dark Side of the Moon, Dream Hunter is just ok, but I'm looking forward to Sin's book.

Everyone is waiting for Ash's story. I think it's good that they will publish the two books in one volume but the waiting is getting old.

5/18/2007 09:41:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Oh it's confirmed. Sin's heroine is Katra. I'm so happy about this LOL. Not for Sin, geesh. It just means Kat won't be Ash's heroine! YAY! :P

Oh, and Ash's excerpt will be in BORN OF THE NIGHT out next year.

5/19/2007 11:58:00 AM  

Blogger Jolie said...

"Sin's heroine is Katra."

Good! I too don't want Katra for Ash. LOL

5/19/2007 02:10:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad she is his heroine, even though I really liked how her and Solin were in the dream hunter book, and I personaly think that Kat is Ash and Artie's daughter, I never thought her to be his heroine :)

5/19/2007 09:20:00 PM  

Blogger ValVega said...

I too think like Anon. I liked Kat and Solin, I thought they made a good couple; loved the witty dialogue.

And I also think Kat is Ash and Artie's daughter. Artie probably got pregnant when she met ash and he was still a human.

5/20/2007 06:16:00 AM