Monday, October 29, 2007

Teacher accused of fondling teenage girl

I thought only gay teachers/headmasters/principals did such despicable things. Guess I might be wrong. We’ll have to wait and see as there’s no mention of this woman’s sexual preferences in any of the articles I’ve read. But as Americans are so homophobic, I’m deducing that had there been any insinuations of the teacher in question being gay, it would’ve been all over the headlines already.

We’ll see how this turns out....


Winfrey had tears in her eyes as she asked parents to forgive her for alleged abuse at her girls’ school here. “I’ve disappointed you. I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry,” Oprah told parents at an emergency meeting in a packed marquee tent on the school premises.

The TV talk-show queen has visited her school at Henley-on-Klip near Vereeniging at least twice in the past few weeks, after allegations that one of the matrons fondled a girl and that other pupils had been physically abused.

Oprah gave the girls her personal telephone number, her e-mail address and her postal address so that they could contact her at any time, day or night.

Apart from the matron apparently involved, Oprah sent the principal, a Dr Mzimane, and at least one other matron on leave two weeks ago.

A parent told Rapport on Saturday evening that the abuse had visibly upset Oprah. She had felt guilty because she had trusted the principal and the matron.

“I trusted her (Dr Mzimane). When I appointed her, I thought she was passionate about the children of Africa. “But, I’ve been disappointed,” Oprah said in tears last Saturday.

Oprah’s “daughters” have accused Dr. Mzimane of failing to take action, although the girls had often complained of being grabbed by the neck, beaten and thrown against a wall, and being sworn at.

Labels:


3 comment(s):

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does any one else smell a law suit coming on?

10/29/2007 03:24:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a bad situation. All the way around.
And not All Americans are homophobes. But still too many are.

10/29/2007 06:59:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, a law suit and a half!

10/30/2007 06:25:00 PM