Monday, October 22, 2007

Women who want it all

Guys, I’ve decided that my subject for this month’s mag article will be “Women Who Want It All”: the careers, the babies, the husbands, the marriage life and the wonderful sex. *wink*

Does anyone have thoughts or comments I could shamelessly use, or even perhaps plagiarize? LOL

Anyone? Anyone? I’m drawing a blank here, people!

Labels:


5 comment(s):

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I hope everyone does not beat me up too badly,
I don't think you can have it all. I don't think you can have a full career, and children and a great marriage (though yes, you can always have a great sex life). I think one of those will end up being scaled back. I am sure there are exceptions, but on the whole, I don't think it's possible. I think the most you can do is have one parent working part time and the other fully persuing their career or family will suffer a bit.
I know, I am sure many of you hate me now, but it's what I think. And I used to have a full time career in a very flexible job, but I still had to choose between fam and work often. I think kids deserve to have one parent (either one) at home or mostly at home.
I think kids that come from homes where both parents work still grow up fine (of course they do, look at me LOL), but I think families in general are more stable when someone stays home.
Hope you don't hate me

10/22/2007 12:46:00 PM  

Blogger ValVega said...

Karamia,

I agree. In my book you definitely can't have it all. In my case I don't even want it all LOL I only want the career, the great sex and the fabulous social life.

No kids, no husband and definitely no giving up my career for either of them. But that's just me.

The farther I'd be willing to go is a husband/partner and a dog. What else could a girl want? Well, besides the fabulous clothes and trips of course *g*

10/22/2007 01:00:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Then love, you can have it all! And I bet you will get it. You girls are brilliant ;)
I actually feel as though I do have it all. I had a great time when I worked, and now I love staying home with my kids, and I still get to travel (though mostly with kids) and we have a great social life. So maybe women can have it all, just not always at the same time?
It depends on what "all" is to you perhaps?

10/22/2007 01:15:00 PM  

Blogger Shosh said...

I think you can have it all, though definitely not have the fabulous career because having one will cost you lots of time.

There's a happy medium, you know.

You can have great sex with your husband, nice fun kids, and have a home-based business where you can name you own working hours and make tons of money. It can be done. It has been done. It's not impossible. Of course, it depends on what kind of fabulous career you have. My radiologist friend said that being a top radiologist cost her time away from her baby...but when she's home, she's got it...wonderful husband, lovely child, big house and all that crap...I mean stuff.

The bottom line is, how much are you willing to give for it all?

10/22/2007 06:41:00 PM  

Blogger Shosh said...

I think I have it all...though I would definitely like more time for myself so I can catch up on reading. Other than that, I have the great sex, nice wonderful 5 kids, and business where I can name my own hours....unfortunately, those hours are vampire hours, but you know, it's mine.

10/22/2007 06:43:00 PM