Thursday, October 18, 2007

The mediterranean billionaire's secret baby**

Oh, good lord! I thought for sure Harlequin had stopped printing books with ridiculously long and embarrassing names. Who even buys these things? Forget the covers, *cringe* how do you answer someone that you’re reading “The Spanish Prince’s Virgin Bride”? I’d be mortified to be found reading any such thing LOL.

**How that baby is secret is beyond me. That woman is about to give birth right on the Mediterranean Billionaire’s fancy carpet!

Here are some other titles and you can buy them here:
  • The Tycoon’s Princess Bride by Natasha Oakley
  • Willingly Bedded, Forcibly Wedded by Melanie Milburne (This is a sick twist to JKR’s prose on HP4 when Voldemort is returned to his body.)
  • The Greek Tycoon’s Virgin Wife by Helen Bianchin (Why must they all be virgins? Is that back in fashion? LOL)
  • The Italians Defiant Mistress by India Grey
  • The Billionaire’s Passion by Robyn Donald
  • Innocent on Her Wedding Night by Sara Craven (Innocent of what exactly?)
  • The Boss’s Wife for a Week by Anne McAllister

Related:

Labels: ,


12 comment(s):

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I actually bought two of those books! Sometimes I just want short, quick, mindless reads, and these fit that description. Yes, sometimes the plots are stupid; the titles are embarrassing; the women TSTL, but it's fiction, right?

10/18/2007 10:08:00 AM  

Blogger Carrie said...

So, The Greek Tycoon's Virgin Wife made me think of this...

Did anybody ever read a book with a woman who ended up with a Greek tycoon of some sort, he thought she was a slut, something forced them to get married in Greece and on their wedding night he was drunk and pretty much raped her. She ran away and ended up falling off a cliff and hanging there and then he rescued her. Any ideas?

Carrie

10/18/2007 02:11:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carrie - check out All That Glitters by Linda Howard.

10/18/2007 04:25:00 PM  

Blogger ValVega said...

She hung from a cliff until the greek rapist found her? :/

Carrie, tell me the truth you just made that up! LOL LOL

10/18/2007 06:48:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yep thats All That Glitters by Linda Howard, and harlequins are my guilty pleasure lol

10/18/2007 10:34:00 PM  

Blogger Carrie said...

You guys are so right! I borrowed that book from my best friend's mom in high school and thought it was terrible but had to finish it because I refuse to leave a book unfinished!

10/18/2007 11:05:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I almost want to go find that book to prove to myself that "romance" novels like that are truly real. not that I am doubting any of you!

10/18/2007 11:55:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, those titles...

10/19/2007 12:47:00 AM  

Blogger K.E. Holland said...

Lol!! I totally just shelved that book this morning at work. :D Gotta love Barnes and Noble and their "we carry everything" policy.

10/19/2007 08:37:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

K.E.: you work at B&N? That has to be a great job I'm sure. Do you get free books?

10/20/2007 05:16:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot and Trollop said...

The more I read those titles the harder I cringe LOL

2nd admin which ones did you have? I'm very curious about the Mediterranean Billionaire. How rich was he?

K.E. Your job sounds kool! :D Like Di, I want to know if you get free books! Also, do tons of authors come by for signings in your B&N?

10/20/2007 07:01:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have Willingly Bedded, Forcibly Wedded (I don't think the title matched) and the Mediterranean one. Not sure how rich he was - a lot of these mindless reads I read ... well I don't remember a lot about them.

10/21/2007 08:57:00 AM