Thursday, October 11, 2007

Hook

I’ve been very, very busy. Moving to another continent, trying to set up my wireless connection and fucking up the whole DSL thing and now using a stolen Wi-Fi signal until I can figure out what the hell I did wrong with my router. *confused*

Anywho, in the mean time I decided to read a bit; such a treat to have a “real” book after a year of not having anything but ebooks available to me. In my TBR I found Midnight Angel by Lisa Kleypas which I have no recollection of ordering or buying. I had no idea where this book came from until a couple of chapters into the story: Kleypas sneakily lets us know the hero has a hook instead of a hand. *head-desk* And then, of course, I knew. This book could not have come from anyone but Harlot who likes to torture me with weird heroes who are either abusive, abused, disabled or crippled in some horrible way that she KNOWS will ruin any story for me. *grrr*

She’s on familiar terms with my obsessive pet-peeve about leaving a book unfinished once I’ve started it no matter how bad it is (I’ve been reading David Copperfield since 1996 and I’ll finish it even if it takes me a lifetime and a page a year *sigh*). Luckily this book wasn’t ALL that bad. Funnily enough I liked Hook better than I did the heroine, but my favorite storyline in the novel was that of Emma, the hero’s daughter, and Prince Nikolas, the heroine’s Russian cousin. I googled them, and not surprisingly, found that they have their own story which I immediately got as an ebook. *sigh* Good thing I’ll be getting my ebookwise soon. *g*


Related:

Labels:


8 comment(s):

Blogger Petra said...

LOL. Trollop, the sequel is Prince of Dreams. Though, I don't think you'll like that one either. I didn't like it at least.

I won't give any spoilers but you should know that Nikki was lovely in Midnight Angel but when he got his own book, he turned into a jerk! How bad? Let's just say the book should be called Prince of Nightmare instead.

10/11/2007 02:14:00 PM  

Blogger Isabella said...

Not Kleypas' best. I didn't like that book either. I think LK's earlier works are not up to par with her recent books.

If I would recommend her to someone, I'd say start with her Wallflower Quarter series: Secrets of a Summer Night, It Happened One Autumn, Devil in Winter, Scandal in Spring. Now those books are wonderful.

10/11/2007 02:32:00 PM  

Blogger Isabella said...

Speaking of Kleypas, anyone read her newest Mine Till Midnight? I heard it was disappointing :(

10/11/2007 02:33:00 PM  

Blogger Shosh said...

Uh, VT, I distinctly remember you giving me a list of books and I think that was one of it...long long time ago, three children ago.

You can only blame yourself on that one!

You moved back home?

10/11/2007 03:32:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trollop, you are not in Spain anymore?

I haven't read this Kleypas yet but now I think I'll pass.

Olly

10/11/2007 07:16:00 PM  

Blogger Isabella said...

Trollop, just a question. Do you find Wolverine attractive? I mean hooks, claws... what's the difference?

If his other MORE important manly parts are working, I have no complain ;)

10/11/2007 09:54:00 PM  

Blogger ValVega said...

Yes guys, I'm back home for a bit. It's election year and I came to work in the campaign. Will see what the future brings after May (Shanghai? Canada?).

Midas, I did? Oh lol. I had no idea where I got that book! BTW, I had no idea you were going by Midas now which really confused me!

Isabella,

Wolverine? Haven't seen it. But claws and hooks are REALLY not my thing LOL give me a guy with nice hands and trimmed/clean nails!

BTW, that Prince whatsis book is BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD. It's stupid, and has no plot. The characters have no real personalities to speak of; they change every other page. I skipped and skipped and skipped to finish and even so I read so much crap I had to rest my mind for hours after I was done.

10/12/2007 03:41:00 PM  

Blogger Shosh said...

Yeah, I am going by Midas. My bitchy relative kept stalking me and I just have enough of it. I say, do not marry a fixer upper, they haunt you and never lets go...I didn't even marry her. Damn!

10/13/2007 12:40:00 PM