Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Lover Unbound: Sex.Y, true?

Just finished reading Lover Unbound by J.R. Ward. As always I skipped all the non H/H related stories. Loved V and Jane. You feel me?

Hated hated hated the end but have to say the sex scenes are H.O.T hot; never ever thought I could find S&M sexy but there are some scenes in this book that had me... YOWSA.

So far my favorite in the series, but I suggest you skip the end and make one for yourself because this one sucked.

Wonder what Phury’s story will be like...

**Be warned: spoilers in the comment section.


Related:

Labels:


14 comment(s):

Blogger Marg said...

I've seen such varied responses around the place to this book! I own it, I just haven't read it yet!

10/03/2007 07:40:00 AM  

Blogger Rachel said...

Lover Unbound is a WTF book. V has stolen the scenes in other books that he's become my favorite. This is why I don't understand how JKR managed to make him an after-thought in his own book. It was like she only wanted to write an update story on everybody and V and Jane were just part of it. It was all over the place! And that ghost thing? Bah!

JKR should have waited before writing V's story. She could have made a better story, a better ending, a better book! I mean seriously!

If this is what's in store for Phury, I just may pass.

10/03/2007 09:12:00 AM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

Ugh. Frickin stupid book. I didn't feel the love. I love the series as a whole and I loved V in the other books but in Lover Unbound, he was a disappointment. The whole book was disappointing. Maybe it's just me but were I to meet a man whose lifestyle is very different from mine, I would not fall in love that easily and not without some conflicts.

What about the street talk? I'm used to the way the brothers talk but Jane talks like a "sistah" when she is supposed to be an educated professional, a surgeon at that. And what about her accepting the bondage stuff without a peep when she hadn't done anything like it in her entire life.

Like I said, stupid book.

10/03/2007 10:54:00 AM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

Rachel, I agree about the ghost thing. Also how could Bella hide her bleeding from Z and the other brothers when they are all VAMPIRES and can smell, if not fear, the frickin blood!

10/03/2007 10:56:00 AM  

Blogger ValVega said...

*SPOILERS*************

Didn't want to mention the ghost thing in the post b/c of spoilers but what the fuck was JR thinking making the heroine a ghost??!?!?! I honestly don't get it. I think it's stupid and gross and an insult to readers. So now V is going to spend the rest of his life having sex with a ghost?

I think she's trying wayyyyyy too hard to make her books unique and is just turning them into plain old stupid if you ask me. Loved the book till Jane gets shot, after that it's all crap.

10/03/2007 11:07:00 AM  

Blogger ValVega said...

**SPOILERS**

Didn't want to mention the ghost thing in the post b/c of spoilers but what the fuck was JR thinking making the heroine a ghost??!?!?! I honestly don't get it. I think it's stupid and gross and an insult to readers. So now V is going to spend the rest of his life having sex with a ghost?

I think she's trying wayyyyyy too hard to make her books unique and is just turning them into plain old stupid if you ask me. Loved the book till Jane gets shot, after that it's all crap.

10/03/2007 12:28:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The ghostthing wa horrible true but I would have been ok w/it if V and Jane had more screen time together and did not fall in love in 2.2!! This book read like a transition book, it was not V's book considering he was in it for about a minute, Jane had potential but again she was in the book for about a minute so her character never came alive for me. Sad cause V was my favorite brotha but the V in this book was not the V I was promised, and the BDSM was so light it was barely there for all the talk Ward did about V liking it! Too much head hopping, too much setting the stage for her next book, the ending made me giggle and not enough explanation, oh and don't get me started on the Chosen, yeah I am cred of my Ward addiction!!!

10/03/2007 01:56:00 PM  

Blogger Sara, Ms Adventures in Italy said...

I was very disappointed with this book, too. I thought this would be one of the best. I hated the ghost thing...but I did notice two things that she didn't resolve, and I think (HOPE!) Jane will get "offed" later...

- They never went through the mating ritual
- They never resolved V's "virginity" - that someone needs to drink from him.

I am unhappy but I am hoping JR is taking us down a path...Jane and V's relationship never convinced me even before the ghost stuff!

10/03/2007 03:19:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This book was horrible. I thought I just sped on my reading that I somehow missed some scenes because it felt like it was not V's story. I say skip it.

10/03/2007 08:23:00 PM  

Blogger Vanessa said...

I haven't read it yet! It seems that many are disappointed with it. And I so loved V in the other books... :(

10/03/2007 08:44:00 PM  

Blogger Menchie said...

I found it ok until the ghost thingie. That is just weird.

10/03/2007 08:56:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Theres a slice of life at lifetimetv that kinda explains the ghost thing.

10/03/2007 09:41:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

JKR could have done better but I thought the book was ok. The sex was hot, though, I didn't care for all the BDSM. I have long surmised that the series would loose its magic after book 3.

The biggest problem I had with LU is the ending.

10/03/2007 10:04:00 PM  

Blogger Lorelei said...

I had looked forward to V's story and I was so disappointed! I skimmed through most of it because frankly, JKR wrote this book only to set up the next installment in the series.

How could she do this to V? Someone said it, if she had wanted to do an update book, that's what she should have done. Instead in her greediness to set up the following books, she cheated V (and the readers) of a good story and ruined it for many fans. What a waste!

10/03/2007 10:36:00 PM