Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Anyone, anyone?

Guys, I’m trying to remember the title of a book I read years ago and for the life of me I can’t locate this book anywhere.

These are the very sketchy and highly questionable details that I remember:

Hero: I think last name Lazlo, but it could’ve been anything from Rodriguez to Potter. His family owned either a jewelry store or a big company that manufactured something (glass?). He met the heroine at a party in his house (or his parents?).

Heroine: Her father worked for the hero’s father but had embezzled money from them or something so hero forced her to marry him to save her father from going to jail.

Other stuff: At some point they go to Venice (I think he cheats on her there?). There’s a skinny doctor the heroine wanted to marry. Heroine’s mother was blind (deaf?)? I think hero forces himself on heroine at some point.

Don’t look so confused; this sounds convoluted and strange to me too LOL.

Labels:


10 comment(s):

Blogger Jolie said...

Trollop, why are you looking for it? This sounds like a horrible book. :P

9/26/2007 09:31:00 AM  

Blogger Carrie said...

Haha, I was thinking the same thing!

Carrie

9/26/2007 11:47:00 AM  

Blogger Petra said...

Trollop, is it romance? Historical fiction? I don't think I've read such a book :)

9/26/2007 03:28:00 PM  

Blogger ValVega said...

Actually, I'm trying to get stuff together for Harlot's xmas present. I am sure that's a book she'll love *g*

It's a contemporary or er historical cause it was from the 70's-80's LOL Dunno it was an old little book.

9/26/2007 03:36:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He cheats on her? What a cad!

Sorry I have no darn clue... for good reason, methinks. :)

But to Trollop and Harlot: you guys ought to give the book "The Secret History of the Pink Carnation" a try. I read it and really enjoyed it. (Just a suggestion in case you guys are running out of things to read... heaven forbid..)

9/27/2007 04:20:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doesnt sound familiar :S
Sorry!!

9/27/2007 07:30:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pink Carnation? I bought that book because the cover was pretty. Now I gag each time I see it. Scarlet Pimpernel? What a laugh!

9/27/2007 07:43:00 AM  

Blogger Shosh said...

Thats easy. Just go back to serial romances section around 80s, and I am sure you'll find quite a few books like that being sold.

:P

9/27/2007 10:14:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm laughing at how ridiculous this plot is. A cheater and a rapist? Sounds like a bodice-ripper romance crossed with Judith Krantz to me.

9/27/2007 07:41:00 PM  

Blogger Rachel said...

Heheh Trollop, you must stay away from books like this!

9/27/2007 09:58:00 PM