Sunday, October 28, 2007

The jimmy fingers and the hot half-breed

On a happier note, compared to my earlier post at least, I read my first Sarah McCarty, “Promises” something or other. (I just finished this novel but by gad I’ve never met anyone who had more trouble remembering book titles than me! *groan*)

The book was H.O.T. hot. I had the jimmy fingers throughout the whole thing. My BF enjoyed the frequent update calls on what the “dirty book people” were up to LOL. Ms. McCarty even managed to make anal sex sound sexy and fun. Who knew?

I have promised the BF we’ll be reading my next SM together. Will tell you how that little experiment goes. *g*

Labels: ,


11 comment(s):

Blogger Shosh said...

For a while there, my husband really loves Vickie Lewis Thompson because everytime I read her, he gets it...and since I was reading hers often, we're like back to the days minus kids and boinking all the time.

I am sure your experiment will go well.

10/28/2007 08:54:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oy, I can't wait to find it!! Thanks, and I am sure my husband says so too.

10/28/2007 11:57:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So this is a series. They are all "Promises Something or other"
They have also fallen victim to cover fug IMO. But I might read them anyway, just cause they're so dirty ;)Which one did you read?

10/29/2007 12:12:00 AM  

Blogger ValVega said...

Oh god yes LOL Karamia, they do have the fugliet covers *cringe*

I think I read the fugliest one actually. There's like an indian dude with a at standing by a window? Dunno... but there was a manequin on the bed He did have a lot of sex toys so maybe this was a sex doll he owned previous to hooking up with the heroine? LOL

10/29/2007 07:39:00 AM  

Blogger ValVega said...

That was: There's like an indian dude with a HAT standing by a window?

10/29/2007 07:40:00 AM  

Blogger Petra said...

Trollop, which Promise book was it?

I have to agree with Karamia about the ugly covers of e-books. And most of them are ridiculous. I honestly don't think such covers could encourage anyone to buy books.

10/29/2007 10:31:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Ok, so how many Promises something or other are there? I've yet to read SM but Trollop like her books, anal sex and all, and won't shut up about it, i tell you.

10/29/2007 01:28:00 PM  

Blogger Jolie said...

I've never tried reading to or with a boyfriend. First, I can't concentrate. Second, I tend to like different type of books. I guess I should try with some kind of a dirty book.
:P

10/30/2007 12:07:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I know I shouldn't, but I HAVE to ask. *Little voice saying DON'T in a big scream yet I blithely ignore it* What is the story behind the term Jimmy fingers. Google had nothing to say on the subject in this context. *G*

Oh, and this book *blush* was Promises Prevail. Which book of mine is hotter pretty much depends on your taste in men and which heroine's personality you relate to more.

10/31/2007 01:26:00 PM  

Blogger ValVega said...

In a Seinfeld episode Kramer tells Jerry that he can't sleep with his gf b/c she has the jimmy legs.

Definition for JL from The Urban Dictionary: term for a spasming of ones legs or other body appendages in bed which occur beyond a person's control.

I had more or less the same thing while reading this book but with my fingers LOL

Promises Prevail? Yikes I would have never gotten that one LOL If I'd given it a guess I'd have said promises kept :/

I'm really bad with names/book titles/passwords. I have a terrible memory for important stuff but ask me ANYTHING pop culture related and odds are I'll know the answer *sigh*

10/31/2007 06:35:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah! now that you reference Seinfeld, (a show I love) I get it!

You may not remember titles but I never ever get puns. *G* Seriously, if someone sends me a joke that's a visual play or a play on words, pretty much they need to send along a step by step procedural to the punch line or else for sure I'll be emailing back going, "Huh?"

I know. *sigh* So sad! *G*

11/01/2007 08:25:00 AM