Wednesday, October 31, 2007

On romance novels and masturbation


I just have to ask, seeing as even Harlot asked me what the “Jimmy Fingers” were: Does no one else here treat her/his body like an amusement park after reading a very dirty sex scene in a romance book? Because if it’s just me, I’m in serious need of counseling LOL.

It doesn’t happen often but when it does, it’s quite fun, my chickies. *g*

Ok, I just have to add this piece of disturbing material I found while googling “romance novel masturbate” to see if there was some extra info I could include in my post and, OMG, this is what some Christian dude had to say on the subject:


My alarm clock read 6:30 a.m. I had an hour before I needed to get ready for church. I crossed the room to my dimly lit closet and rummaged though my secret stash of paperbacks until I found the cover that showed a wild-eyed, barely dressed couple clinging to each other.

After flipping through several chapters, I turned to a graphic sex scene. Sexually excited by what I’d read, I locked my door. Then, I masturbated for the first time. For a while, I’d been curious about whether sex felt as great as the couples in these books seemed to think. [...]

When I picked up that romance novel, I hadn’t planned on masturbating. I simply followed my body’s urges to what seemed like a natural release. But that first experiment soon became a habit [...]

But I couldn’t stop. I almost always ended up locking myself in my room when I read a romance novel. Eventually I didn’t need the books; the images packed into my brain were available anytime.


Oh, good lord. *groan* Romance novels will never be the same for me again. *ACKKKKKKKKKK* I hope I’ve equally disturbed you so I’m not the only one with the nightmares tonight LOL.


Related:

Labels: , ,


19 comment(s):

Blogger Carrie said...

If you need counseling so do I!

Carrie

10/31/2007 10:22:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Well i'm sorry i'm not really familiar with all the American idioms.

After posting too many articles about wanking and advocating the act, i can't very well claim i'm the master of my domain, can i? Ok, make that queen of the manor. :P

11/01/2007 12:19:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Btw, that Christian dude, soooo going to a special kind of hell LOL. Well, at least if she's a Catholic with some nun teachers who say masturbation is a sin. Ya know, wasting precious seeds or fluids or whatever.. Oh, Sister Marie, how you've haunted me. *sniff*

11/01/2007 12:26:00 AM  

Blogger Jolie said...

So romance novels make you horny baby? LOL. True, though. I'll be a hypocrite if I say there are no sex scenes in romance novels that get to me. There are those that are very titillating. When you're feeling hot, you have to do something about it. ;)

11/01/2007 02:09:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't help but think "that poor girl" I hate it when people put so much guilt on a perfectly natural act. And all the Christians that are against it swear that materbation will take over your life and it's all you'll ever do. I don't know too many people that don't leave their rooms because they're too busy going at themselves to hold down a job or have a life.
My husband loves it when I read a book with lots of sex. We both win. and yes, sometimes I win when he's not even in the house :)

11/01/2007 01:58:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sex scenes do make me super horny but my husband benefits from it. He cannot understand how come I get all hot and don't play lol. Just how I am.

11/01/2007 01:59:00 PM  

Blogger Isabella said...

I agree with Karamia. It's my BF who benefits when a sex scene makes me hot and bothered. He loves it of course.

11/01/2007 03:54:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot and Trollop said...

My bf doesn't find them all that hot when I read them to him (he actually laughs a lot *grrr*) but whatever turns me on he's all for it *g*

11/01/2007 04:06:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a website called literotica.com. They have some very steamy erotic stories there.

Warning: it's a dirrrrty site so beware.

11/01/2007 05:55:00 PM  

Blogger Lola Lovegood said...

When I first started reading RN and I was both younger and single I remember feeling a slight tingle while reading sex scenes.

I especially remember a scene in Heaven Texas, that involved ice cream, that had me with a bad case of the Jimmy Fingers as VT says.

11/01/2007 06:42:00 PM  

Blogger Jolie said...

Di, I like literotica. If you get lucky, you'll find a good story. But there are some crazy shit in there. LOL!

Liz Carlyle's books usually give me the "jimmy finger" ;)

11/02/2007 02:28:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is this paragon of manliness? HUBBA HUBBA [G]

11/02/2007 02:40:00 AM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

Guilty :P

But isn't that one of your rights as a romance novel reader?

11/02/2007 07:51:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Er, babe, is this your *ahem* subtle way of telling us that you masturbate to Fabio? :/

11/02/2007 07:55:00 AM  

Blogger Lily Moon said...

Hahahahaha! I can't get over that picture! I think instead of wanting to 'treat my body like an amusement park' I'd fall off the bed laughing if I'd imagine Fabio!!

11/03/2007 03:00:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find that words are more seductive than pictures. Apparently I need counseling, too. ;)

11/04/2007 04:37:00 AM  

Blogger ValVega said...

Harlot posted that picture NOT ME

I dunno where she got that horrid thing. She's the one that probably uses it to play with herself!!!!!!

11/04/2007 09:03:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Babe, stop making excuses. I know it's sorta embarrassing that Fabio is, um, like your Santa's kinky helper, but you know... we understand weird-ass fetishes... well, we try. :/

11/06/2007 01:43:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well...I'm pretty sure it's unavoidable. Generally speaking, that is.

1/28/2008 05:31:00 PM