Thursday, November 1, 2007

The tales of Beedle the Bard

I want one too!!!

Wonder what type of children’s book she’s working on. Whatever it is I’m buying it and I’m reading it. I’d ask how J.K. Rowling could go wrong, but we already read book 7, didn’t we? *cringe*


J.K. Rowling is to say goodbye to Harry Potter with a handwritten set of fairytales mentioned in her last wizard saga that she will auction for her children’s charity.

Fans hoping for another dose of Potter will be disappointed as the tales will not be published, but Rowling said on Thursday she was half-way through writing another children’s book.

A copy of The Tales of Beedle the Bard with illustrations by the author is to be sold at auction next month to raise money for The Children’s Voice charity she set up.

Of the five wizarding fairytales only one—“The Tale of the Three Brothers”—is told in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. She has produced just seven copies, bound in brown leather and decorated in silver and moonstone designs.


I particularly liked this kick-ass answer. JKR rocks!!!


Rowling has expressed surprise over the fuss that greeted her revelation over Dumbledore.

“Do I think a gay person can a be a moral compass? I think it’s ludicrous that we are asking that question in the 21st century. The Christian fundamentalists were never my base.”

Labels:


12 comment(s):

Blogger Mallie said...

JKR rocks some serious socks (it was an awesome retort) and I NEED A COPY OF THOSE TALES. She's written something about Babbitty Rabbitty for crying out loud, that deserves to be distributed to the general populus!!!!

11/01/2007 09:04:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

I want to read those tales too. Why isn't she publishing the book?

11/01/2007 01:02:00 PM  

Blogger Isabella said...

Count me in on those who want a copy! And I hear you Mallie. Babbity Rabbity, who could resist?

11/01/2007 03:31:00 PM  

Blogger Shosh said...

Maybe the winner of the auction can have the option to publish it so it can earn more money for that Voice Charity she has.

Then we can read it.

Wanna bet to see if it goes into publication in say...3 years?

We can bet like 5 amazon dollars because I think everyone can spend that.

11/01/2007 03:51:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot and Trollop said...

The winner of the auction doesn't get the copyrights. She made 6 handwritten copies I think and gave them to family and this one is up for auction.

WHY NOT PUBLISH IT? Surely JKR KNOWS that would make a lot more money for her charity.

Trollop (too lazy to change to my own account).

11/01/2007 04:09:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wondered the same thing VT. If she wants to make money for charity why not sell the book?

That is a kick-ass answer. It's perfect.

11/01/2007 05:50:00 PM  

Blogger Lola Lovegood said...

I don't like Karen at all. I think she's cruel and petty. I also, unlike Trollop, don't like her blog.

11/01/2007 06:18:00 PM  

Blogger ... said...

JKR's answer does indeed rock. It's almost enough to get me to want to try reading her books.

11/01/2007 06:28:00 PM  

Blogger Jolie said...

They are auctioning the book on the starting price of $62,000. Imagine how many books you can buy with that.

11/02/2007 02:07:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know its good that its for charity and stuff but I want to read those sooo badly!
$62 000?! Wow. That's a lot of books lol.

11/02/2007 02:21:00 AM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

I agree, JKR should publish the book! I too will fall in line to get a copy.

I've always thought that waiting for the next Harry Potter book is part of the HP experience and a wonderful experience at that. When HP7 was released, it wasn't just the end of a series, it's the end of all the yearly anticipation and making all those theories, etc. Frustrating at times but always enjoyable.

11/02/2007 07:49:00 AM  

Blogger Chipper said...

This is the only time in my life I have ever hoped a book would be leaked to the internet!

11/02/2007 03:04:00 PM