Sunday, July 22, 2007

Mad about Harry

Hullo, Fellow-HP-Nutter-Who-Didn’t-Sleep-To-Finish-Deathly-Hallows. *g* As promised, here’s a thread where you can discuss, rant/rave, swoon about how cute Kreacher is, tell us who died, who should have been fed to the blast-ended skrewts, what made you laugh/jump/cry/mad-like-a-hippogriff and beat the nearest person near you with a wooden dildo or something... Honestly, anything you want to discuss about the final HP book! That means: SPOILERS, SPOILERS, SPOILERS ALERT!—ye be warned, heathens!

For all of you who are still reading, (like me, trying to savor it; the LAST one *sniff*) happy reading! For the unlucky ones who still don’t have a copy, (like Trollop *MWA HA HA HA HA*) well... good luck with that, really. *snicker* ;P

Labels:


53 comment(s):

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been sure as hell that I was going to wait till the translation would have come out. NO WAY! I just can't wait and I have to have that book SOON!First place I find an english copu of HP I'm gonna get it!:D

Leaving for holidays,so see you in september!;)
Evelina

7/22/2007 02:41:00 PM  

Blogger nita said...

OK! Where are the spoilers??? Tell me what happens. I admit I don't read the books but I love the story so far. I just get people to give me synopsis lol. *duck*

7/22/2007 04:18:00 PM  

Blogger ... said...

Harry Potter is everywhere. I think I know too much about something I've never read. :D :D

babz -- Me too. LOL.

(PS, Harlot, have you been keeping up with the Quote-of-the-Days on Stephenie Meyer's myspace page?

The shoutout on the latest one (I think) to "Tennyo and firefly" is ME!! (well, "firefly" is my handle on the Lex and "Tennyo" is another person). :D)

7/22/2007 06:20:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe she killed Fred.
I LOVE Snape and understand why she killed him but was still so sad that he died.
Glad that she didnot kill Luna and Neville.
I LOVED this book and think it was the best of all of them.

7/22/2007 06:48:00 PM  

Blogger Menchie said...

On chapter 18 -- not been reading as fast as I'd like. Too many things happening this weekend. But I'm really savoring it.

I've put TSG on hold until I finish HP7. At least I've got something to tide me over until Eclipse comes next month. :D

7/22/2007 08:53:00 PM  

Blogger mallymoodle said...

I finished it in two long sittings (had to take a dinner and movie - HP5 break) so I ended up finishing it at 3:30am Sunday (in Australia). And promptly messaged my sister in London who hadn't read it yet!!!

If one thing, this book re-affirms that I hate Hagrid. But I'm glad Harry gets a happy ending

7/23/2007 01:08:00 AM  

Blogger mallymoodle said...

P.S. I was also sent an early online copy from a friend that I finally read today...I'M SO GLAD THAT IT WAS A FAKE AND I LAUGH AT EVERYONE WHO READ IT!!!
HAHAHAAHAHAHAH

And I don't care if that makes me sound evil

7/23/2007 01:09:00 AM  

Blogger Velu said...

Happy reading you all.

Cheers,
Velu

7/23/2007 02:26:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SPOILERS SPOILERS!
I loved the book!!! It was sooo good. Some poeple I spoke to thought the ending was too happy but I lurrrrved it.
Albus Severus *tear*. So sweet.
Snape!! Omgsh Snape. He was amazing. I had read theories about his feelings for Lily but nothing came close to this. I wish he hadnt died!!!
Dobby and Hediwg's deaths really got to me ESPECIALLY Dobby's. I hate Bellatrix the evil sadistic bitch. I'm glad that she got killed.
I never loved Harry as much as I did in this book. He was so brave

One question though.
What did the three muggles do to Dumbledore's sister? I wasnt too sure about that.

More things I loved
- Ron and Hermione's first kiss *sigh*
- Severus Severus Severus (Prince's Tale) and the fact that his patronus was a doe
- The scene in the forest, when Harry went to give himself up
- The ending
- Sirius, Lupin, James and Lily coming "back"
- NEVILLE!!
- And the rest

Angela, completely agree with the Fred thing.
I cried the whole way through..

7/23/2007 05:31:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys loved the ending? LOL. Ive been chatting to fans on the potter sites and one thing that everyone says is that epilogue=crapilogue. Everyone was disgusted with it and likened it to a very bad and cheesy fanfiction. I agree.

7/23/2007 07:28:00 AM  

Blogger nita said...

So did Harry, Ron and Hermione die? Can someone gimme the lowdown on who died? PLEASE!!

7/23/2007 10:12:00 AM  

Blogger Unknown said...

GAH! I finished it last night. I laughed, I cried, I laughed while I was crying. Kreacher's attitude change really was adorable! Sigh.

When R&H finally kissed and Harry was like, "Uh, hello?! You pick now?!" Too funny!

Very sad about Fred...I thought he was too peripheral (for lack of a better word) to die. And Percy?! Trying to shield Fred's body? GAH!

I'm glad it wasn't just me having to re-read certain passages in this book--it took me a while to realize we were transitioning straight into Voldy's thoughts. I had trouble keeping things straight for a while.

Snape's memories in the Pensieve? How truly sweet. And poor Petunia actually WANTED to be a witch! Fascinating!

I was a bit disappointed with the way Wormtail died...I was expecting him to like throw himself over Harry's body or something--something braver, you know? I was also hoping Neville would be the one to take out Bellatrix...although he DID do a heck of a lot! I heart Professor Longbottom! :)

Really liked the epilogue--Albus Severus. Sigh.

7/23/2007 10:57:00 AM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

OK I skipped the other comments because I am still reading! Had to finish some work things during the weekend and there was simply no time to read. I'm already at the Godric Hallow chapter and I couldn't believe Nagini was there! I was sure Harry and Hermione would get the freaking sword! Aaaarrrrrggg!

7/23/2007 02:56:00 PM  

Blogger Bonnie Michelle said...

Okay, so I really liked it, too. The epilogue was a little sappy, but cute. The best part for me was Harry reading Snape's thoughts in the Pensieve. A fantastic piece of writing, that. I'll admit that I did shed a tear over Dobby's death, but not Fred so much. He was too peripheral. I can't decide how I feel about Harry living. I get how he could have chosen between life and death with Dumbledore; you know what it reminded me of? Anyone who's read C.S. Lewis..when Aslan sacrificed himself willingly to save Edmund in "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe." The fact that Harry went willingly to his death broke the bad magic and allowed him to live, even though he was a Horcrux himself. All in all, though, an excellent ending.

7/23/2007 06:14:00 PM  

Blogger Rachel said...

SPOILERS:

So, I teared up when Hedwig died, boohoo cried when George lost an ear/Mad eye died, Boo hoo cried when Harry & Hermione went back to Godric's Hollow and saw the house memorial, SERIOUSLY LOST IT throughout the entire "Prince's Story Chapter" and Snape is my new Favorite man of ALL time. Seriously lost it when Sirius says what he says about dying ... honestly ... I was all like "Ohhh" when the others came back to help him ... but when Sirius started talking ... I nearly had to put the book down so that I could cry without getting tears all over the place. Poor Dobby :( Poor Fred :(

Now, for that damned Epilogue. I hated it. If she had to put in an epilogue at all ... I think that it should have been 1 year later so that she could mention the grief process for alot of people, and show the struggle that it took to fix things ... get new people in the ministry etc etc. I wanted to know what George did without his brother, More about Percy, I wanted to see funerals and memorials ... ESPECIALLY one for Snape.

I think that the epilogue was too girly ... bleh. Also, so ... the greatest wizard of all time (HP) is just basically a House wife hm? That writes letters to his kids at Hogwarts three times a week? Wow. No Auror? No aspiring career? What about Hermione's parents? Did she ever go back and take off the spell on them? GOSH. The epilogue was the ONLY part of the book that I didn't like. That's IT.

There was talk a while back ago that Stephen King was like NOOOO you can't end the book like that PLEASE. I think that everyone thought that it was because she was going to kill of Harry. I think it was because he read that crappy epilogue. Anyone else agree?

7/24/2007 12:55:00 PM  

Blogger ... said...

"the greatest wizard of all time (HP) is just basically a House wife hm?"

If that's what the books were about, I think I'd be all over them. :D (I love this kind of playing against type.)

Reaction to the epilogue seems to be quite split, from what I've been seeing all around the internets, ranging from love to hate for it. Sometimes for the same reasons. :D

7/24/2007 01:40:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Dance,
Shoutouts? What do you mean? Is SM naming of her characters after you--tell us now! :P



Mallymoodle,
You HATE Hagrid? Why?!?



Dobby,
I have to agree, i didn't like the epilogue. I mean, yes yes, i'm GLAD that they're happy and Ron made me laugh (like he always did) but i wished it was a different kind of epilogue. Something around the 17-year-old Harry (or a year or two older) but not a much older one.

Perhaps an ending where Harry and the others rebuilding Hogwarts, nothing biggie, just something simple but funny, and not too--i HATE this term--"romanc-y". *cringe* Don't get me wrong, you all know i lurve romance and i lurve romance epilogues but this is effing Harry Potter!!! Also, i would have wanted a very GRAND funeral for Snape; he deserves it. *sniff* I really wish he didn't die, but i suppose, it's the only fitting ending.. :(

7/24/2007 05:01:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Sorry it took me a while to join the discussion. Just finished the book last night and not feeling well today. Anyway, here are some thoughts:

-- I thought what a fantastic beginning. I loved it. Dark Lord Ascending. And that revolving body thingy on top of the table... perfect.

-- Dobby dying. Oh god. Of all the deaths in the book (and there are loads of them!--JKR is a blood-thirsty witch, i tell ya!!!) i cried the most over Dobby's death. It's just so sad. He was so brave and even when he was afraid, surrounded by his old masters and being back at that house he'd been miserable at, he did GREAT. And i loved that he shouted at Bellatrix "Dobby's a free elf!"

I cried when Harry was digging that grave. *sniff* It's like Sirius all over again! All that suffering, they only had a mere moment of happiness when they deserve so much more.

-- I was disappointed that was no explanation AT ALL about the veil. WTF? Call it closure but i wanted to at least know something of its mystery. What IS it? What's beyond it? Why Harry and Luna could hear voices from it? Etc.

-- I loved the way the story went. No dull moment; something is always happening. The only one i didn't like: King's Cross. I dunno.. there is something FORCED about that chapter. It felt like it was OVER-explained YET there were still parts i didn't get. Or maybe it's just me. :/

-- Kreacher's Tale. I never thought about this and how Regulus died. I just thought he get the locket but it never occured to me that Kreacher would be there, and for the SECOND time too. That was horrible.

-- I've always loved the Weasley twins but when Fred died, it was sad but i didn't cry like i did when Dobby looked down on and saw that dagger and he said "Harry... Potter..." :(

Will think of more. LOL

7/24/2007 05:25:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Virginia,
I wanted Wormtail to suffer more, but i suppose dying like in a dank cellar, on his own hands.. that's gotta be something.


Gabrielle,
Not sure either what the muggles did to Ariana. I have to say this, half of HP7 is about Dumbledore and his life. I never expected that.


Jersey, Rachel,
Just read the rest of the comments and totally agree about the epilogue!


Rachel,
I don't think Stephen King got an ARC or was told about what will happen. If i remember it correcting, he and other authors were asking JKR not to kill Harry. And also, before July 21st, read an article SK wrote where he was sorta saying goodbye to Harry (after 10 years of following his adventures) and he mentioned there that wasn't fortunate enough to be given an ARC LOL.

7/24/2007 05:51:00 PM  

Blogger nita said...

Fred DIED???!?!?



.....


I think I'm lucky I never did get into the books.. I woulda bawled like a baby.

7/24/2007 08:04:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Babz, i love the twins but surprisingly, i didn't cry for Fred... Yes, yes, i cried for Dobby the elf instead. :/

7/24/2007 08:51:00 PM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

Didn't like the ending much. Too sappy.

I love that part about Snape. The fragments in there felt like pieces of a very mysterious puzzle. One of the biggest questions in HP is Snape: is he a friend or a foe?

What he did for Lily, for Dumbledore, so brave and loyal, alyways... And his patronus! A doe! I never thought it was Snape who left Harry the sword!

I like that little scene where Dumbledore told him that sometimes they sort their students too fast. A lot of possibilities there if Snape had become a Gryffindor instead of a Slytherin.

7/24/2007 09:21:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved the book because I love the characters. Somewhat choppy from lack of continuity in dialogue and jumpy write-for-the-movie plot. (can't believe she got a wedding in there)

Thot Hagrid and Ginny deserved more recognition for courage. How old is she again? I laughed when Mrs. Weasley did her Ripley from Aliens with Bellatrix.

I also was surprised to find myself weepy over Hedwig and Dobby.

I was proud of Draco Malfoy when he, albeit out of fear, didn't identify Harry, Ron and Hermione. I still have hope for him as a future Snape-type person.

Oh dear, I'm gonna miss all of them so much.

I thot the epilogue was stupid.

Overall, Harry's finish reminded me of the Will Ferrell/Emma Thompson movie Stranger Than Fiction. Isn't he the sort of person we should keep alive?

7/25/2007 12:58:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Posted too soon. I should say that I"m reading it over again. I'm just not ready to say goodbye. And there were lots of little tidbits I want to savor.

7/25/2007 01:15:00 AM  

Blogger ... said...

Dance,
Shoutouts? What do you mean? Is SM naming of her characters after you--tell us now! :P


Heh. No. I'm fairly certain there is no character in Eclipse named after me. But she, ah, knows that I don't like Edward (hey, how was I supposed to know she actually reads the threads?), so in one of the QOTD thingies, Edward apologized about something (that was left out of the quote) and SM addressed it to me! :D

But, uh, back to HP...

So, it appears that Snape isn't a horrible guy, but fandom-in-general isn't as upset over his death as they are over Remus' (or Sirius? I get confused) death (in DH, I mean, not the one who died earlier). But the shippers seem to take comfort in the two of them - Sirius/Remus - being together forever and ever in heaven.

7/25/2007 01:28:00 AM  

Blogger Lorelei said...

I am trying to savor the book. Onto the chapter where Harry and Ron and Hermione visit Luna's dad. But I already know who will die. My dratted friend couldn't keep her trap shut!

7/25/2007 01:52:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Dance,
Get out! That's almost a dedication! :D Well, who knows. Maybe the next thing we know there's a werewolf girl (what is the right term? :/) named E. :P

I have always thought Snape will die, so i suppose i was prepared about his death. But Lupin, *sniff* i am sad about Lupin. I looooooved Lupin since the first time he gave Harry chocolates after a demetor's attack. I've always thought of Sirius and Lupin as Harry's two dads (well James is dead the whole series :/). Sirius is the impulsive one, and Lupin is the source of wisdom/soothing one. And now Harry has lost both of them. :( I wish JKR spared him and Tonks. Why couldn't Lucius have died instead?


Donna,
I agree about the choppy thingy. But my hat's off to JKR as, i think, the story ran smoothly somehow while putting ALL THAT in one book!

I agree about Draco. You know, i thought he would sacrifice himself to save his family or something and help Harry defeat Voldy in some way. The thing about Draco, he's a coward. :/


I like that little scene where Dumbledore told him that sometimes they sort their students too fast.

Jordis,
I like this one too. And the look on Snape's face... LOL

7/25/2007 02:50:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI!!! It's been a while! Miss ya ladies. Was able to jump on real quick.

I finish the book. Cried when Dobby bit it, cried when Fred died (and am real angry about that one! You need Weasley blood, why not kill off Percy?) cried when James, Lily, Sirius and Lupin "came back".

I'm angry that Sirius and Lupin died. I always knew Dumbledore would die but why kill off all Harry's parental figures? Lupin was there for Harry when there were only a few for him and Sirius was his family! WTF? Mean bitch.

I ALWAYS knew Snape was really a good guy, a dick, but good at heart. I started to doubt that when he gave the time of the escape in the beginning of the book but I ALWAYS knew Dumbledore let Snape kill him.

OK, I get Harry's kids names, James for his dad, Albus Severus for Dumbledore and Snape and Lily for his mom, but why do I feel like I should remember the name Hugo and Rose? (Harmionie and Ron's kids) And who the hell is Victoire that Teddy is "snogging"? It's a cousin of Harry's kids but not one of Ron's kid. Are we left to assume which Weasley (Bill, George or Percy) had that one? And as far as Teddy goes, did Harry raise him after all? He said he could invite him to move in. If he raised him, being the Godfather and all, wouldn't he live there?

What happened to everyone else? McGonagall, Luna, Hagrid, George...

HOW COULD THAT BITCH KILL FRED???

P.S. How can Draco still be even a little snobby around Harry? That dick!


Toodles,
Gun_Wielding_Bitch :)

7/25/2007 07:23:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

GWB, where have you been?!? We missed you! DID NOT LIKE THE CHEESY ENDING! Cried about Dobby and so agree about Percy dying instead of Fred. Blood-thirsty bitch. And why why why did she take Lupin too? *sniff*

Ok, i am off to bed, checking emails and falling asleep LOL but i think Victoire might be Bill and Fleur's daughter. Sounds French. :/

7/25/2007 07:34:00 PM  

Blogger Bonnie Michelle said...

Good call, Harlot, on Victoire. I've just thought about it, and isn't that epilogue a little incestuous? If Victoire is Bill and Fleur's child, and she's hooking up with Harry's godson, who is married to Bill's sister, who's best friends are married to each other with kids...hmmm....:)

7/26/2007 11:34:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Jersey, you're just a perv. :P I don't think there's something incestuous with that. Lupin and Tonks are not related with either Fleur or Bill so i think it's fine if Victoire and Teddy are doing the horizontal tango. ;)

7/26/2007 01:15:00 PM  

Blogger Jolie said...

Finished the book last night. Frankly I was surprised at how much better it was compared to the previous book. There are non-stop action, sub-plots abound, yet JK Rowling managed to get the story to its conclusion in a very satisfying manner.

I am mad that Lupin and Fred died. There were other characters JKR could have killed. Cried about Dobby and I have to say, Ron was so funny! Is that kiss with the basilisk fangs his and Hermione's first kiss?

I was surprised that almost half the book is about Dumbledore. I was expecting it would be all about the horcruxes.

I was disappointed not to see Sirius alive. I guess it was foolish to hope that he actually didn't die. Or that he would come back.

Snape was amazing. What a tragic hero. I like that Harry named one of his sons after him.

7/26/2007 03:47:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

My sister and i were discussion HP7 a while ago. (She's still reading, only a few chapters left.) Then she asked me, "Was Tonks pregnant before she and Lupin got married?" LOL I have no idea!

7/28/2007 01:15:00 PM  

Blogger Bex said...

Favorite Moments:

-Kreacher making dinner for Harry
-Neville killing the snake
-"GET AWAY FROM MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!"
-Albus Severus... okay, I burst into tears when I read that.

What I hated:
nothing really comes to mind. Except when Hedwig died I was like "WHAT THE HELL???" but this was my favorite by far and i LOVED it

oh, and I was right about the Snape/Lilly and Snape/Dumbledore thing. So I had a good gloat.

7/29/2007 01:41:00 AM  

Blogger Bex said...

Lupin had to die b/c all the rest of james'little 4pod had already died. And then tonks had to go along with him, so it kind of leaved Teddy in a harry potter position but with alot less suffering.

As for Fred, I agree. It didn't bother me THAT much but when I think about it it does. B/c can u imagine george's life without fred? it's just so random... i think it would have been better if both of them died b/c you cant just have ONE twin... it seems wrong.

and WHY hedwig? WHYYY

my bet was on hagrid... ah well

7/29/2007 01:47:00 AM  

Blogger Bex said...

did i just say "it LEAVED teddy?" Did I really just say that?

Dear god, i need sleep.

7/29/2007 01:48:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Am i the only one who's bothered JKR didn't explain that freaking veil? I mean, hello??? You can't just kill a beloved character through it, leave tiny clues like Harry and Luna hearing voices, etc and not even tell us what it is! I want to know, dammit! :@

7/29/2007 10:25:00 AM  

Blogger Bex said...

AHH I KNOW!
and what did dudley hear when the dementors came????

7/29/2007 01:55:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Bex, hmmm.. i'm not really interested with Dudley. :P I was surprised though with what Dudley did on HP7. I suppose i just thought he'll hate Harry forever or something. :/

I really want to know about that veil. It really bothers me. I was expecting an explanation, some visit to the Department of Mystery and there's nothing. I do think HP7 is one of the best in the series, even if there are no scenes where Harry and the gang are doing school stuff at Hogwarts.

7/29/2007 02:32:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Rereading HP7. :P Found something interesting. In "The Tale of the Three Brothers" got this:

"Meanwhile, the second brother journeyed to his own home, where he lived alone. Here he took out the stone that had the power to recall the dead and turned it thrice in his hand. To his amazement and his delight, the figure of the girl he had once hoped to marry before her untimely death, appeared at once before him. Yet she was sad and cold, separated from him as by a veil."

Sorry? Veil? Is JKR hinting about that damn veil in the Department of Mystery?

7/29/2007 07:22:00 PM  

Blogger gabrielle said...

Harlot, I saw that too! I was a little sad that she didnt write more about it. It could have eased my frustration and depression over Sirius' death :'(

7/30/2007 03:23:00 AM  

Blogger Jolie said...

Harlot, I think Tonks was pregnant before she got married to Lupin. Lupin, that naughty boy.

I agree with Gabrielle and Harlot about the veil. Jo could have written something about it to help us understand Sirius' death. She just left us all hanging with more questions than answers.

7/30/2007 06:42:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Gabrielle, i know. :( Maybe others are content with just Sirius falling through a veil and then dying without explanation but i'm not. I want closure. I want to know.

I keep thinking of Luna and what she says to Harry on HP5. She is so confident that she will see her dead mother again. Harry doubts this a bit but then Luna reminds him that they heard voices behind the veil in the Department of Mysteries. Since there are no more explanation from JKR, (when i expected there would be in HP7) we're suppose to just accept that the veil is... what? That it separates the world of the living and the realm of the dead? But even that wasn't confirmed.

7/30/2007 08:04:00 AM  

Blogger gabrielle said...

Harlot, it was left open! The more I think about it the more frustrated I get!
Luna is a smart girl despite her strangeness. I dont think JK would have put that line in if it didnt have some significance.
Maybe she forgot to address it? Or maybe it really has no meaning :( If this is true then its stupid (not the book, just that particular loose end).
The veil was so shifty and there were a lot of hints to it being kinda special but they were never followed through.
Maybe she will write about it in her encyclopedia (which she HAS to write otherwise I will cry).
:D

7/30/2007 08:08:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

You know who that Resurrection Stone reminds me of? Buffy LOL.

At the end of 5th season, Buffy sacrificed herself to save Dawn and the world. In the 6th season, Buffy's friends brought her back to life but Buffy didn't want to come back to this world. The adjustment from life to "heaven" to life here on Earth was painful, particularly when her soul was forcibly taken from a spiritual place where she was peaceful. I suppose Joss Whedon and JK Rowling think alike. ;)

7/30/2007 08:10:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Gabrielle, i think Luna is a visionary of sort. Not as smart as Hermione but smarter in some ways, capable of being aware in things. Hermione can't hear voices because she's supposed to be rational and unexplained stuff, things without proof is therefore deniable.

I agree. I hope JKR writes about this on that encyclopedia! *grrr*

7/30/2007 08:13:00 AM  

Blogger Rachel said...

Did anyone watch the Dateline special Sunday night?

She said that Mr. Weasley got a reprieve from death and that's why she ended up killing off Tonks and Lupin because she wanted to mimic Harry's life with Teddy. Okay ... so I'm justified.

Also, Harry & Ron are aurors ... and they have redesigned the MoM. Hermione is also very high up in the MoM in a type of Lawyer-esque field.

Hopefully she'll get on to writing that encyclopedia soon.
I can't live without Harry for long ... I feel as if my child has died or something :(

7/30/2007 01:37:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Rachel,
Didn't see it but i saw it on the clip here. :)

Jo said she'll have some break. God knows when the encyclopedia would come out. :/ Didn't she say she's writing two books right now: one for children the other for adults.

7/30/2007 02:49:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

About the veil, only Harry, Loony and Longbottom heard the voices behind the veil. Ron and Har said they didn't hear anything. Har, Loony and Long were also able to see the Thisltes or whatever they were, the dead, winged horse things.

GWB

7/30/2007 06:06:00 PM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

I saw that veil allusion too. I was expecting more explanation than that. Every time I read a new chapter, I kept hoping it's going to be the one where I'd see Sirius again.

Tonks pregnant before marrying Lupin? Not that it matters because she dies in the end. :( She and Lupin are some of my favorite characters. And Fred! Sniff.

That part about Dobby made me cry. I didn't expect Dobby would die too... and Hedwig!

I feel so sorry for Snape. All his life he's been in love with a woman who could never be his. Unrequited love is so painful. I like that Harry named one of his boys Albus Severus.

I still don't think of Snape as a hero. Brave, no question about it, so brave it's frightening but hes always been a bully. I wish JKR had something better for him though. For all his sacrifices and in a way, he's been a good friend to Dumbledore and a very loyal subject.

7/30/2007 06:29:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait for the encyclopedia or whatever it is that JRK will produce after book 7. It sounds as if the future Harry and Ron and Hermione are all working in the Ministry of Magic.

Rowling said that she can't possibly answer every question in HP because the fans are obsessing. True, but I hope she will tell us about the veil in that encyclopedia.

Olly

7/30/2007 08:02:00 PM  

Blogger Rachel said...

JK Rowling has to continue the Harry Potter books. She has to. It's not over. Not to mention JKR achieved her finest moment in book 7.

I see the finale and the epilogue as a promise that everything is well because all the plots has been tied up but still left a lot of wonders intact and rife for future exploration. So JKR has to do that encyclopedia, or perhaps another Harry book.

7/31/2007 09:44:00 AM  

Blogger Tara Dean said...

You know what I thought for a brief instant while reading the book?

That Luna was actually dumbledore's sister. I thought it might be some sort of magical preservation to save his sisters life or something. I thought that because they both had dead mother's...then I got later in the book and realized that couldn't possibily be true. I just say this because it's funny the theories that will form sometimes :P

8/21/2007 03:24:00 PM