Thursday, July 12, 2007

About three things I'm absolutely positive...

First, I am dying for Stephenie Meyer’s Eclipse. DYING. The first chapter is now available on line. Click here to read it.

Second, there is a part of me—and I don’t know how dominant that part might be—that thirsts for Twilight movie. Thankfully, Stephenie has recently posted an update:


I am very excited to announce that Twilight has been optioned by Summit Entertainment. The deal with MTV Film (and friends) lapsed in April, and since that time my agents and I have been negotiating with Summit on a great contract that I think will really protect the story. The people at Summit seem quite enthusiastic about doing Twilight the right way, and I’m looking forward to working with them. The story will be optioned for the next fifteen months, when Summit will have the opportunity to buy the property. I will keep you updated on any developments as soon as I find out about them. (...) The most disappointing thing for me is losing my perfect Edward. Henry Cavill is now twenty-four-years-old.


I don’t know about Stephenie but I think Henry (of The Count of Monte Cristo’s fame) is still the best choice for Edward. I mean, he can still pass as Edward. Besides, there is no word, nothing I can say but... he is fucking beautiful. *sigh*











Anyway, back to my list. Where were we? Oh. Right. Third (well, you know this already :P), I am unconditionally and irrevocably in love with Edward Cullen. And he is MINE. MINE, I TELL YOU!!! *grrr*

Here’s a *very* NSFW video of Henry as Charles Brandon on The Tudors:


Labels: , , , , ,


22 comment(s):

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is soo hot. Great choice for Edward. He was really good in the Count of Monte Christo.

7/12/2007 08:12:00 AM  

Blogger Girlie said...

Harlot, he is perfect for Edward...wherever did you find this hottie god?

7/12/2007 10:36:00 AM  

Blogger Vanessa said...

Harlot, thanks for the chapter link! I didn't know SM posted it already on her website. I didn't want to buy another copy of New Moon (the special edition) just so I could read it.

Henry is perfect!

7/12/2007 11:43:00 AM  

Blogger Duvy said...

Well, looks like I'm heading to the bookstore to pick up Twilight. It'll give me a good excuse to see the movie so I can ogle Henry. The first two pictures kinda make him look like Gilbert Blythe from the Anne of Green Gables movies!! *melts*

7/12/2007 11:58:00 AM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

OMG that video!

I agree, Henry is the perfect Edward. Age doesn't matter in movies/TV anyway. 30 something actors play teenagers all the time. Henry looks quite young. He should be Edward.

7/12/2007 05:16:00 PM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

Duvy, Twilight is excellent. You should read it. ;)

7/12/2007 05:17:00 PM  

Blogger Lollie Rose said...

I don't know who this boy is but he is hot!

I too can't wait for Eclipse. Hopefully it has more Edward scenes than in New Moon.

7/12/2007 06:05:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Duvy,
You didn't email me. LOL Anyway, hope you get a copy soon.


Gabrielle,
I'm working on getting you a copy of New Moon. Will let you know. ;)


Shosh,
Stephenie was the one who suggested of Henry and i think she's absolutely right! Doesn't he look exactly like Edward? *sigh*

Hope you're having fun at the RWA. I'm jealous, you're meeting all those authors!

7/12/2007 07:00:00 PM  

Blogger Petra said...

Thanks for the update! I think Henry is the perfect Edward. I agree with Jordis, and I don't see why Henry can't be Edward, he looks very young to me.

7/12/2007 07:35:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Henry Cavill!!!! They should hire him to play Edward on Twilight the movie. Thanks for the pix and the video!

7/12/2007 07:52:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harlot, you're the best :D

7/12/2007 08:20:00 PM  

Blogger Rachel said...

I'm not sure if I like the idea of a movie based on Twilight. Movies adapted from books usually disappoint me (cough: OotP). Twilight is a very romantic book and what makes it incredible is the way Bella feels about Edward. I don't know how they would be able to translate those into film. Nevertheless, Harlot, I love the eye candy. And OMG! Hot video!

7/12/2007 08:45:00 PM  

Blogger Isabella said...

I love the first chapter. The problem is, I need to read the rest of the story!!!

I'm beginning to dislike Jacob. And who is that new vampire?

Sigh. I just can't get enough of Edward. I really hope he has a much bigger part in this book.

7/13/2007 04:10:00 AM  

Blogger Menchie said...

God, he is the perfect Henry. The only thing that will ruin the movie for me is if they make a mistake casting Bella.

I can't wait for Eclipse!

7/13/2007 05:25:00 AM  

Blogger ggggxyz said...

Wow!

I'd certainly like HIM standing behind me...

Have I mentioned I love bearded guys?

Hot. Just hot.

7/13/2007 07:56:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Menchie,
Emily Browning is Stephenie's first choice as Bella and i think she's perfect too.


Sarah,
Yes, to wish him behind you LOL. I want the same thing. :P He's gorgeous. *sigh*

7/13/2007 05:03:00 PM  

Blogger Lily Moon said...

I read this chapter the other day and couldn't believe Jake is acting like an a*hole. And who is that new vampire? I wonder if this is the book where we'll finally see Edward bites Bella.

Harlot, i love the pictures! I agree, Henry Cavill is the perfect Edward. Doesn't matter if he's now 24. I think he and Emily Browning will make a great Twilight movie.

7/13/2007 06:38:00 PM  

Blogger Ladybug said...

This guy is the PERFECT Henry. He is h-o-t-t. Imagine him with fangd, h-o-t-t-e-r.

I should stop lusting after very young actors. It makes me feel like an old pervert. LOL!

7/14/2007 02:51:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Henry and Emily are perfect. I am so looking forward to reading Eclipse.

7/14/2007 01:19:00 PM  

Blogger Duvy said...

Okay okay, so I've finally started reading Twilight. OMG. Yea, reading this book is turning me into such a goober. I can't help but grin and giggle and get all tight chested and swoony every time Bella and Edward are together.

I'm not very far (just to the point where Bella is at the beach with everyone), but I'm still absolutely positively in love with Edward.

Which just furthers my previous belief upon seeing these pictures that Henry looks more like Gilbert Blythe than Edward Cullen. He's still completely yummy, but not who I would pick.

And from watching him in The Tudors, he seems a little too harsh looking (very angular face and narrow). To me, Edward is meant to be tall, dark, gorgeous, and sarcastic and in most of these pics Henry seems a bit too baby faced.

But yes, onward with the reading. ^.^

7/17/2007 03:59:00 PM  

Blogger Lily Moon said...

Duvy, I adore Gilbert too but Henry looks more like Edward than Gilbert. I mean HENRY IS EDWARD!

I bet you'll get New Moon after you're finished with Twilight ;-)

I have to re-read the two books before Eclipse. First Harry Potter.... then in August comes Eclipse!!

7/17/2007 07:39:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, so I was the first to sign up for a copy of Eclipse and Devil May Cry, at my local library. The way it works is the library orders the book before it is scheduled for release, the library usually gets it a day early to check it in, tape the spine and whatever and the card holder (ME) gets the book on the day it comes out and the card holder (ME) is happy.

BOTH EFFIN BOOKS ARE ON BACK ORDER!!! Says my library, yet the other 2 libraries in my surrounding cities checked out thier copies on the release date of 08/07.

AHHHHH! Why does everyone but me get to read these books? Not fair!!

GWB

8/14/2007 05:37:00 PM