Monday, July 16, 2007

Strike up the band and make the fireflies dance, silver moon's sparkling


It is said the word kiss was created by poets as a rhyme for bliss, but as Thomas Halliburton said: “The kiss is as old as the creation, and yet as young and fresh as ever. It pre-existed, still exists, and always will exist.”

Oh, I luuuve kissing. *sigh* I could kiss a man for hours and be content with just that. Sometimes, I actually enjoy it more so than having sex. :P A make-out session can lead to other things, but when two people just kiss to kiss, there is something very special about it... something very intimate... something verra, verra delicious. *g* Perhaps it’s because there’s no thinking in a kiss; you just do it. There’s no goal in a kiss; you’re not trying to get someone off. You just want it. Just to feel it...

I remember the first time I ever kissed someone, I was very disappointed. Aye. *sniff* Why, the things I thought would happen didn’t happen! I didn’t swoon like a princess overwhelmed by wonderful feelings; I saw no freaking fireworks (not a bitty sparkle!); nor did the half-naked elf pop somewhere to sing so beautifully as background music for the “magical moment”! Honestly, not even a juggling drunken smurf! *hmph* It wasn’t until the first boy who made me thank God I’m a girl touched and moved his mouth over mine did I feel that indescribable sensation. No, I didn’t hear any music, but I did tingle from my scalp to my painted little toes. *double sigh* To this day, ohgod, I remember how I simpered... Hmmm, I suppose it has much to do with whom you’re kissing. :P

Here’s something from Jill Barnett’s Bewitching, one of my favorite kissing scenes in a book. Not too purple-y, just a poetic ring about it:


She thought this must be like flying, only better—like flying and feasting at the same time. He tasted of everything she’d always love...

She wondered if his heart was beating with the same urgent drumming as hers, and she tried to get closer so she could feel it. She slid the palm of her hand across his coat to the center of his chest and raised her other hand to his neck. Her knees grew weaker than her ankle, and she clung to him to keep from falling. (...) His mouth moved to her ear, and in that deep bewitching voice he growled her name, half plea, half prayer, and seemed to revel in the feel of her as she reveled in his taste...


Isn’t that wonderful? What about you? Care to share with us your first or bestest kiss ever? *g* Did you see any loony midget playing the banjo while colorful magical balloons pop around you? Or, er, *shudder* perhaps just a kissy chimp? :/




Labels: , ,


22 comment(s):

Blogger Girlie said...

Does stolen kiss count? Because I was happily watching my movie, when this idiot of a guy leaned over and kissed me on the cheek, just when I have made up my mind that my very first kiss will be my husband.

I shrek like a banshee, and hit him and screamed at him and took off my shoes and hit him on the head with it too.

My cousin's bf has to carry me out of the theater, I was so upset. I was only 14, but I don't appreciate the unrequited love of this guy. It's hilarious now, but boy, was I worked-up over that. He said years later, I scarred him for life. He's 18.

7/16/2007 11:13:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Shosh, you maniac. LOL! :P

I think many first kisses happened inside a movie theatre. There must be a secret pamphlet somewhere like "Kissing for Dummies" or whatever it is they give boys instructing the little beasts that movie houses are the perfect first kiss venue. Honestly...

7/16/2007 11:24:00 PM  

Blogger none said...

My first kiss? I was 11, he was 13. Talk about a young trollop! But I'll never forget it.
The better first kiss though? The one with my, now husband, then my high school sweetheart. It was 13 years ago this past June and I can still feel the tingle and I can still remember thinking, "I want to marry this boy."
Kisses are one of the great perks of life!

7/16/2007 11:25:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

"I want to marry this boy."

Yeah, kisses can do that. ;P Well, apparently, that or (as Shosh did) make you want to hit him on the head with your shoes LOL. Welcome, thanks for sharing and hope you join us often. :)

7/16/2007 11:32:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

my crush and i were blazing at the pavillion..and he was driving me home. (i was 16 and he was 18 and experienced. i was going to be a jr. in highschool.) it was summertime too. then he realized he had to get something from his house so we stopped there for a few minutes and i waited in the car while he went in real quick. when he came back in the car, i smiled at him and he smiled at me. i wanted to kiss him right there but i wanted HIM to make the move. then i decided i didnt wanna go home just yet and he said,"ok good..b/c i wanna hang out for a little longer anyway. (it was 8:30 pm on july 7th 2003.) so he was like..where do you wanna go? and i said, i dont care..wherever you wanna go. and we kept on saying that for god knows how long. haha anyway, we drove back to his place and watched half baked in his living room. when the movie was over and the credits were still going..we both just sat there..staring blankly at the screen. then i felt him staring at me so i looked at him. we were already pretty close to each other to begin with which i liked b/c during the whole movie i felt that cuddly feeling that you get when your sitting next to your crush really close. haha and we both looked into each others eyes..he started leaning in,and then i leaned in, and our lips touched and we kissed for 6 seconds on the lips, drew back,looked at each other in the eyes, and kissed again and then i felt his tongue go into my mouth and i had no idea how to make out so i just put my tongue in his mouth and moved it around and it was just amazing. even though i wasnt experienced. haha and then after we made out, i told him that was my first kiss and he said that it was ok..that he felt honored to be my first kiss. it was so cute. we hugged too. when he finally drove me home, we were at the end of my driveway..and just as i was about to open the door to get out, he says,"emily..would you..could-will you go out with me?" and i smiled and said,"yes, i'd love to go out with you Ant." and he got out of the car when i got out and we hugged for the longest time, and made out once again. it was the best night ever. i liked him for a while and i knew he liked me..we just never said anything. but man..when i walked through the door i went right upstairs to my room and i couldnt stop smiling and i called my friend and told her the good news and we both squealed with excitement. and of course she goes,"its about time! ahhaa" b/c she would always be hooking up w/ guys and she'd laugh at me b/c i never kissed a boy. but man..that night was the best. ill always remember that night.

7/17/2007 01:15:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

em: it is the best night ever isn't it. i also remember how i just couldn't stop smiling. am smiling now. thanks

7/17/2007 01:55:00 AM  

Blogger Lorelei said...

I was 15 and he was 16. I wasn't his first kiss but he was mine. We just got home from watching the game and we were standing on a street corner down the road from school and I remember it was freezing! He lifted my chin up and kissed me so sweetly. I'll never forget it :)

PS: Harlot, that video is just wrong!

7/17/2007 01:59:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

just watched the video. phhlllegggh.

7/17/2007 02:11:00 AM  

Blogger Bonnie Michelle said...

Didn't watch the video; totally agree about kissing. :)

7/17/2007 08:25:00 AM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

Euw! That video is disgusting! And the first girl seems so happy... euuwww!

My first kiss, I was about 7. My mom dropped me off at her friend's to babysit me. She had a son just about my age. We played hide and seek and I hid under his bed and when he found me he kissed me. :)

Whenever I remember this I smile. It's one of those funny and cute childhood memories I have.

7/17/2007 09:33:00 AM  

Blogger Petra said...

I was 10 and his name was Roger. He kissed me behind the slide, at his house, near the pool. When he put his tongue in my mouth I freaked out. LOL!

7/17/2007 10:21:00 AM  

Blogger Pepper said...

My fist kiss was with a boy that I have removed from my psyche! Anyone else ever get that...
The best kiss ever was with my now fiance. I never believed taht a kiss could make you weak in the knees and dizzy and all of that romance novel stuff. Oh boy, was I wrong. And every kiss up until now has been the same!!

7/17/2007 10:47:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

I'm loving this thread. More please, ladies! Welcome Em and Pepper Anne Dotty. :)

7/17/2007 11:30:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Pepper, my first kiss was with a boy that I have chosen to forget, too. But my first kiss with my husband was amazing. We didn't even know each other very well, but we were at the same party. It was just after midnight on New Year's eve. That kiss had weak knees and all. A few months later we started dating.

7/17/2007 11:51:00 AM  

Blogger Vanessa said...

I didn't like my first kiss. I was 12 at a party and we were playing truth or dare. At first they had dared this guy to kiss me, but he nearly climbed on top of me and I got freaked out. Later they dared me to kiss him, because I had said I'd do anything. My friend was just "then kiss Bill" so I went over and kissed him. It was weird and I didn't feel anything, and I wish I had waited for someone else.

Best kiss: with my now live-in boyfriend.

7/17/2007 12:43:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That video, yukk!

My first kiss happened when I was in the seventh grade. He was my best friend so he made this "no kissing rule" because he knew I really liked him.

We had this dance thing and we won first place. We were the last ones to leave and we went to the closet to get our jackets. We were so close then he whispered that his no kissing rule might be a bad one. I said it was. We leaned closer and kissed. There was a moment he squeezed my butt lol, and we broke apart and I said "No squeezing till the third date". Lol. We just laughed it off ;-)

Olly

7/17/2007 01:14:00 PM  

Blogger Ladybug said...

First kiss ever:

I was 11. Halloween. Dressed as a witch. He was 12 and was supposed to look like an alien. And he gave me some of his candies... I still smile whenever I remember this :-)

7/17/2007 04:55:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

my first kiss was at 16. i was with my then-boyfriend who is 6 years older than i am and far more experienced. we went out for a bit before we started kissing. i knew the kiss was coming sometime soon but it seemed to me as though he was waiting for me to make the move. or maybe he was just waiting to make sure i'm ready for a kiss. haha. after all, i am much younger than he is. so one day he took me out to dinner and we hung out for a bit and finally when we were outside my home, we just looked into each others eyes and he kissed me.

i was quite embarrassed although i already kind of knew a kiss was on the way. however awkward i was, i still managed to say goodnight and enter my home. the minute i close the door behind me, i couldn't stop smiling.

although it isn't my best kiss, it will always be my first and it will be something i will never be able to forget ever.

whereas for my best kiss, i find it quite hard to decide. perhaps i just haven't kissed the right person YET. i've dreamt about how my perfect kiss will be like (together with the whole atmosphere setting and all) and i know how THAT feels. so now, i'm just waiting for the right place, right time and the right person to share that moment with.

7/17/2007 05:04:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like reading the comments on this post.

Anyways, I'm going to tell you guys about my favorite first kiss. I said favorite because my actual first kiss was lame. It was in the movie theater and he kept asking me and I kept saying no till I finally did. It was like a big balloon of slime was thrown at my face and then vacuumed off. Not very good.

The favorite first kiss (in reality, my second kiss) I had was when I was 14. It was at my grade nine dance. I'd just started dating my best friend and it was the first real date we went on. IT WAS SO SWEET!!!

It was the last song that was going to play ("Savin' Me" by Nickelback <3) and me and him and my twin and her boyfriend were dancing on the bleachers in the school gym (the only ones up there lol). Anyways I was kinda nervous seeing as he had been my best friend for about 6 months, and I had never done anything more than hold hands and hug before. We were there at the top of the bleachers in the dark with lights going all romantic and dim slow dancing, oh so close, and I could tell he was really nervous, but I leaned in and kissed him slowly. We kissed a lot during that song. It was so romantic and felt sooo right.

7/17/2007 07:08:00 PM  

Blogger Lily Moon said...

I was thirteen and his breath smelled and tasted of model airplane glue. I have no idea why. lol

7/17/2007 07:31:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Middle school, a time of great angst and firsts. There were six of us paired up and we snuck to the back of the Mr. Gatti's pizza joint and not only french kissed but literally made out for what memory serves as hours but most likely was minutes. It was interesting and I have a lasting memory of the smell of that boy still with me 20 some odd years later. I recall those moments every time I wash my hands with that generic smelling soap used at many restaurants.

However, I will never forget the phone call my mom received anonymously the next day: "Your daughter is a slut. Ask her what she was doing yesterday behind Mr. Gatti's." I was MORTIFIED to say the least and when that boy came up to me that next Monday at school and asked if I wanted to "Go" with him (steady in 80's terms) I quickly replied, "I have to get to class," and pretended the whole thing never happened. I stayed a prude for a bit of time after that but decided to test "slutty" waters again and enjoyed those experiences much more than the first. Lol.

7/18/2007 01:35:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Terrie, hard to decide which one is the best, isn't it? Then you have to ask yourself, maybe I haven't received it yet. It's always fun practicing though ;-)

Olly

7/18/2007 05:45:00 PM