Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Mr. Perfect, not so perfect with chlamydia

For the first time in months I’m reading a book for pleasure, and boy, am I glad its one that I’m really enjoying! Linda Howard can sure make yummy heroes, and Detective Sam is no exception. That guy is as fuckable as they come (no pun intended *wink*).

Last night, I was getting verra verra hot (thank gad BF is just a holler away!) while reading a sex scene that involved washing a car, a hose, a wet 6’3 gorgeous man and getting it on on the hood of a Viper—when all of a sudden something along these lines was uttered, “I could use a condom if you’re not on the pill.” I’m sorry, but WHAT THE FUCK?

I COULD use a condom? Errr, these people just met, they don’t even know each other’s last names at this point. How can a condom be optional?!?!? I know I’ve talked about this before, but please let me rant a bit more. Does Sam think the pill will protect him from gonorrhea? Is Jaine hoping that herpes won’t follow intercourse with a stranger, or maybe that’s ok as long as, gad forbids, she doesn’t get pregnant the day before her freaking period?!?!

Please authors, more responsibility while writing about sex!!!

Labels: , ,


11 comment(s):

Blogger Harlot said...

I lub this book. Sam is so fucking hot! But yeah.. :/ no condom, no sex please.

Speaking of LH, it's been ages since i've read a book of hers. (I think the last i've read is TO DIE FOR. :S) She used to be one of my auto buy authors no matter what, but now, dunno, have yet to get any of her newest. Anything particularly good? What about that DROP DEAD one?

1/02/2007 07:04:00 AM  

Blogger Lollie Rose said...

I love Mr Perfect as well! I don't remember that scene about the condom, I may have to re-read. However, I have to agree, as I've done before, that condoms are a MUST. Geez.

Harlot, haven't read DROP DEAD GORGEOUS yet but I've read COVER OF THE NIGHT. That one is very disappointing. It felt like the story was rushed. Not a good LH book. I say skip it.

1/02/2007 08:37:00 AM  

Blogger Ladybug said...

Trollop, you are right about using condoms on sex scenes. I think it's important to know our beloved hero and heroine won't be getting any STD. LOL. Sam is hot!

1/02/2007 02:48:00 PM  

Blogger Ladybug said...

Yes, skip Cover of Night. Drop Dead Gorgeous is good though. Kill and Tell is still my favorite LH.

1/02/2007 02:48:00 PM  

Blogger Petra said...

LH is one of my favorites but lately she has this hit and miss thing going on it's frustrating. Especially when she used to produce such great books before.

1/02/2007 03:19:00 PM  

Blogger Vanessa said...

Men will always give an excuse not to use condom. Jesus, be smart or you'll end up getting diseases.

1/02/2007 06:09:00 PM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

Whatever Trollop said on that LIVING WITH GENITAL HERPES post, I agree. LOL. That's a great post.

1/02/2007 07:24:00 PM  

Blogger Isabella said...

I love that condom post too! Very well said Trollop. ;)

1/02/2007 07:41:00 PM  

Blogger Jolie said...

After the Night is my favorite but I love this book too. Love the dialogue between the characters, very funny.

1/03/2007 04:26:00 AM  

Blogger Rachel said...

This is one of my favorites too, very funny. I also like After the Night and Open Season and the Mackenzies. Linda Howard writes the sexiest heroes and the witty dialogues. She's definitely one of my automatic buy.

1/03/2007 03:30:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In Sam's defense he did ask if she had anything and named specific things such as AIDS, herpes, etc.

Come on! He is hot and a cop! Cut him some slack!

1/15/2007 11:21:00 PM