Monday, July 31, 2006

Happy birthday, Harry!

harry


J.K. Rowling has told us that Harry’s birthday is July 31, which happens to be her birthday, too. But what year was Harry born?

Near the beginning of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone it says that “tomorrow, Tuesday, was Harry’s eleventh birthday.” July 31 doesn’t fall on a Tuesday very often. Most readers of that first book assumed that, because it was published in 1997, Harry attended Hogwarts during the 1990s. In 1990, July 31 fell on a Tuesday. This would mean that Harry was born in 1979 and would turn 27 in 2006.

But wait—this theory is contradicted by evidence in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, in which Harry helped celebrate Nearly Headless Nick’s deathday anniversary on October 31, 1992. Harry was 12 at that time. So this would mean that Harry was born in 1980, and that he would turn 26 in 2006.


JKR better be working on that last book NOW! Arggg! No more kids for you, Mrs. Rowling! You spend too much time on family stuff and too little time writing!!! You selfish bitch LOL.

BTW, who else thinks Harry would make a great guy for Anne Shirley? :P

Labels:


19 comment(s):

Blogger Harlot said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HARRY! I can't believe you're older than me LOL. :-P

7/31/2006 11:38:00 PM  

Blogger C Bradshaw said...

Oh Harry and Anne!!! That's a great couple alright. :D

And thanks for the info about Harry's real age. LOL. Didn't know that.

8/01/2006 12:44:00 AM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Harry and Anne? Hmm, I have to think about that.

Honestly, I'm not giddy with Harry and Ginny. How did that happen? I mean, suddenly, in book 6, they're into each other again?

Don't get me wrong. I've always wanted Harry to be with the Weasleys, that he'll finally have the family he deserves, but i just think that reunion of Ginny and Harry in book 6 was a bit forced. :/

8/01/2006 12:52:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Harry!

I can't wait for book 7! But what's that about JKR killing two major characters?!? WTF

8/01/2006 12:54:00 AM  

Blogger Lorelei said...

Trollop, thanks for the info. That's a good one. :)

Harlot, I agree with you about that Ginny and Harry forced reunion. Out of no where, Harry was thinking of Ginny when he's supposed to have this huge crush on Cho Chang?

Tinker bell, who do you think will die? My money's on one of the Weasley boys. And probably one of the professors. Snape perhaps?

8/01/2006 01:40:00 AM  

Blogger Lily Moon said...

I forgot it's Harry's birthday! I didn't know about him turning 26 or 27 though.

I loved the last book, even if JKR killed DD. I was really sad about that. They say DD will be back in HP7 but Nearly Headless Nick said in OOTP that the dead cannot come back when Harry was asking about Sirius.

I think one of the Weasleys would die. I hope it's that prick Percy. Haha!

8/01/2006 04:10:00 AM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

I love this pic of Harry. So cute!

Cannot wait for book 7!

8/01/2006 09:30:00 AM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

I love this pic of Harry. So cute!

Cannot wait for book 7!

8/01/2006 09:30:00 AM  

Blogger Polly King said...

Am I the ONLY person on earth who has yet to read Harry Potter?

I have seen the movies though and I particularly liked the fourth one. I thought the twin boys were very funny. Those kids are growing fast.

8/01/2006 10:30:00 AM  

Blogger ~ames~ said...

HP looks so cute in that pic! Didn't realize it was his birthday.

8/01/2006 12:00:00 PM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

Oh I didn't know yesterday was Harry's bday.

Zeek, I'm with you about Cho. I like Ginny too! But I'm sure she should be with Harry.

Polly, try the HP series. It's great! :D

8/01/2006 03:40:00 PM  

Blogger Jolie said...

It's Harry's birthday?

Lily Moon, I want Percy to die too! You're right, that prick! I don't think Snape would die though.

Anyway, like the rest of the world, can't wait for book 7!

8/01/2006 03:45:00 PM  

Blogger Polly King said...

Zeek and Danielle,

I have the first three books. I figured I should start reading before they release the last book and the next movie. We'll see. :)

8/01/2006 03:57:00 PM  

Blogger Serendipity said...

Oh....Daniel R is going to be NAKED on a play in London. I forgot which site had the article, but really. I am not sure I want Harry to run amok naked yet.

8/01/2006 04:04:00 PM  

Blogger Lola Lovegood said...

Polly READ HARRY POTTER!!!!!!! All the books are wonderful. My personal favorites are 3 and 5.

Harry and Anne! Trollop LOL what a dirty mind you have. I think they would make a great couple!

Harry is 26? if I were 10 years younger we'd be the same age =P

8/01/2006 04:05:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Polly,
READ HP!!!


Zeek,
I like Ginny too :-P it just seems a bit forced in book 6. It's probably just me LOL. But really, i don't care if Harry ends up shagging and marrying George or Fred, he HAS to be with the Weasleys!

8/01/2006 05:01:00 PM  

Blogger Isabella said...

Harlot, euw LOL

Trollop, great info about Harry's birthday! Probably one of those things they forgot to fix. It's hard to imagine Harry as a 26 year old! To me, he'll always be a little kid.

8/01/2006 05:22:00 PM  

Blogger Polly King said...

Alright, alright.

I'll start the first one tomorrow. :)

8/01/2006 10:19:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harry, Happy Birthday !!!!

Man I can't wait for book 7.

Who will Die?

Angela

8/02/2006 08:41:00 AM