Wednesday, August 2, 2006

Please don't kill Harry!!!

Trollop is supposed to have a new post up but since she’s a bit busy (*cough* lazy *cough*) let’s have some Potter news. *g* Did you guys hear even top authors are asking J.K. Rowling not to kill Harry?


Two of America’s top authors, John Irving and Stephen King, made a plea to J.K. Rowling on Tuesday not to kill the fictional boy wizard Harry Potter in the final book of the series, but Rowling made no promises.

“My fingers are crossed for Harry,” Irving said at a joint news conference before a charity reading by the three writers at New York’s Radio City Music Hall.

...

“I don’t want him to go over the Reichenbach Falls,” King said in a reference to Arthur Conan Doyle’s effort to kill off fictional detective Sherlock Holmes. Pressure from fans eventually led Conan Doyle to resurrect Holmes, who was found in a later story to have survived.

Rowling ... said she was well into the process of writing the final book.

“We’re working towards the end I always planned but a couple of characters I expected to survive have died and one character got a reprieve,” she said, declining to elaborate.

...

“When fans accuse me of sadism, which doesn’t happen that often, I feel I’m toughening them up to go on and read John and Stephen’s books,” she said. “I think they’ve got to be toughened up somehow. It’s a cruel literary world out there.”


IT’S CRUEL, ALRIGHT! She’s doing this deliberately to torture us, I tell ya! JKR is an evil witch, that vicious maniac!!!

Labels:


23 comment(s):

Blogger ? said...

what a great blog

8/02/2006 12:33:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope she gets rid of him in a cruel and painful way.

You people and Harry Potter!
It never ends!

8/02/2006 12:37:00 PM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

I really don't want Harry to die. :( This thing with JK Rowling and her possibly killing Harry is like learning one of your closest friends could die any moment. It's torture!

8/02/2006 12:41:00 PM  

Blogger Polly King said...

I'm just starting with the first book and the author's going to kill Harry already?

I love S King and J Irving's Garp. Such great authors.

8/02/2006 02:15:00 PM  

Blogger Unknown said...

I've thought JKR was evil ever since she killed what's his name in the Goblet of Fire. No, wait was that before or after Sirius was killed? Well, whatever, I still think she's evil spawn of satan.

I'm in favor of Malfoy being the one to die and Harry living. Talk about evil spawn of satan. If I ever meet JKR I'm going to ask one question "Is Valedmort or Malfoy's character based on you?"

8/02/2006 03:19:00 PM  

Blogger Lily Moon said...

I can't imagine what will happen if Harry dies. The Fellowship of the Ring has fought the same evil and they lived. Harry should too.

8/02/2006 05:37:00 PM  

Blogger Jolie said...

Who wants to see such a horrid ending to all these years of dedication on our part? And JKR should also consider her young fans who would surely be traumatized. No. Harry MUST live.

8/02/2006 08:39:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

As long as she doesn't finishes Ron it's okay with me. :-P

But seriously maybe Ginny will die to sacrifice herself to save Harry in the final battle with Voldy, like Harry's mom who died to save him. Malfoy will die too, I think. He's been so guilty with Dumbledore's death he will help Harry to kill Voldy and he'll die in the process.

I don't think Snape will die. And i don't want him to die! I like his character.

Welcome to the new posters! :D

8/02/2006 08:52:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Ms Rowling kills off The Boy Who Lived, I really believe there would be such an outrage. Amongst the millions of Harry Potter fanatics worldwide, I'm betting there's some who are mentally impaired enough to cause disaster if they are disappointed. There might even be a riot or something... I know it sounds extreme, but Harry Potter is an extremely popular character, and the author and titles also. I wouldn't be surprised if many people started to make trouble because of Harry Potter dying. I sincerely pray it does not happen, and that there will be a happy ending for Harry, and he'll live.

8/02/2006 09:00:00 PM  

Blogger Lorelei said...

I know my little niece would be devastated. But I'm an adult and I'd still be devastated if JKR kills Harry. He's meant to live. He should live. He's meant to be immortalized.

8/02/2006 09:42:00 PM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

Even if Harry won't die, this is still going to be the last book. That thought saddens me too.

8/02/2006 10:09:00 PM  

Blogger Lollie Rose said...

If Harry, Ron or Hermione died, it would be immensely sad because we have invested too much into these characters, have seen them grow up, been there a witness to their friendship, hardship, etc. I don't think that's fair to the fans if JKR would kill any of these three.

8/02/2006 10:24:00 PM  

Blogger Ladybug said...

Just the thought of angry fans going after her should stop JKR from killing Harry. But if Harry has to die, I won't hold it against her. I'll be extremely sad though.

8/02/2006 10:43:00 PM  

Blogger Scott from Oregon said...

If Harry dies, JKR will go through what Lennon went through. Imagine...

We'll be watching some expose twenty years from now, describing the bookish life of an author killer...

"And when Rawlings killed Harry, she just snapped..."

8/02/2006 11:31:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't want Harry to die. But I'm fine with Hermione dying. She is the kind of person who gets straight As in school, making the rest of us look bad, and I hate perfect people. lol

8/02/2006 11:32:00 PM  

Blogger Scott from Oregon said...

gwb--bring it, baby. Bring it.

I can take a bean bag chair on my head for hours without crying. You'll have to do better than that...

I'm through book 4. All this HP talk makes me wanna go mug a kid with glasses.

"Now where'r you hiding book 6? I know it's in here. Damn kid! Don't you ever throw away your banana peels?"

8/03/2006 09:31:00 AM  

Blogger Mailyn said...

lol. I read about this and honestly I have to sy I think he will kill one of the 3 friends. sucks. ugh.

8/03/2006 10:49:00 AM  

Blogger that mckim girl said...

I think in the end, she will not kill Harry. However, what makes her such a good writer is the fact that we are all convinced that she might. To have written six books and still be able to surprise people so much that they have no clue as to what your next move will be...that's some good plotting!

8/03/2006 01:34:00 PM  

Blogger Isabella said...

I agree with McKim Girl. I don't think she'll kill Harry. But even if she does, it will still be sad since this is going to be the last book.

8/03/2006 02:45:00 PM  

Blogger Franny said...

I was at Harry Carrie & Garp (wrote a bit about it in my blog) and ppl were screaming not to kill Harry! It was pretty funny.

Sure, I love Harry Potter as much as you can love a fictional character, but I think it's his time to go. He'll be reunited with his parents and the army of predeceased, and is that so bad?

8/03/2006 06:22:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

*gasp* Fran, you met JKR?!? Ohhhh, I think I hate you! *cough* Lucky witch. *cough* :-P

If i were there, i would probably be one of those who'd scream for Harry LOL. Oh, i would LUB to meet JKR, not to mention S King and J Irving.

Okay. Now i'm officially jealous.

8/03/2006 09:46:00 PM  

Blogger Joey B said...

Who cares? JKR isn't that good of an author anyway. There is one great benefit to her killing off Harry Pothead...no more of the books!

8/04/2006 10:15:00 PM  

Blogger Lola Lovegood said...

She wouldn't dare kill him, would she? She'd never be able to show her face in public again. Think of all the therapy children (and adults!) will need if she does such a despicable thing!

8/05/2006 02:16:00 PM