Friday, July 27, 2007

More sex and more Sex and the City

How did I not find out about this sooner?!?!?

Friday, 20 July 2007


Every Sex and the City fan can rejoice now. Not only is the movie gonna happen, but Kim Cattrall and Sarah Jessica Parker have buried the hatchet. If y’all don’t remember, the two had a falling out towards the end of filming the TV show. A source said: “They are pals again. Kim broke the ice by sending Sarah Jessica flowers to congratulate her on her clothing line, Bitten, and Sarah Jessica responded by sending Kim a few items from the collection.”

They are expected to start shooting the film in September and Parker recently revealed she can’t wait for it to begin. She said: “I really wanted it to happen a few years ago and it was a bitter pill to swallow that it didn’t. But you have to respect people’s decisions. And one of us didn’t want to do it at the time, meaning Kim Cattrall, for reasons that I didn’t ask. It’s not for me to talk anybody into anything ever—creatively, financially or whatever. But now it’s happening, it’s fantastic.”


It seems I found out so late the plans have already changed? *confused*

Thursday, 26 July 2007


Filming on the Sex And The City movie has been postponed by at least two months. “Contractual issues with various actors on the show” is reported to be the reason but gossip suggests that the long-running feud between Sarah Jessica Parker and Kim Cattrall has kicked off again. It’s claimed Kim is annoyed that Sarah will be getting more screen time than her and is creating problems with production.


Huh? WTF? They made up for all of 5 days?!? Anyone know what’s going on that could fill me in? I almost ended up selling illustrated Bibles the other day, that oughta tell you how out of it I’ve been lately! :/


Related:

Labels: , ,


22 comment(s):

Blogger Isabella said...

I didn't know there's going to be a movie! But which is true? Trollop, you're giving us conflicting info. LOL

I miss Sex and the City. I think it's one of the best TV shows ever.

7/27/2007 04:51:00 PM  

Blogger nita said...

Well as a gobbler of celebrity and movie news, I shall give you a very limited low down.

Yes there is going to be a movie, they start shooting this fall.
Yes SJP and Kim Cat was reported to have 'made up', whoopdeedo, just in time for the movie, but if there is anymore falling out, I haven't heard (or read) about it. Which is not to say it's not happening, maybe I just need to read more.

Frankly whatever happens it's just publicity for the movie, not that they need any more, but these women NEED this movie. Not as if they're doing anything better and their careers have been reaching the stars after SATC. Don't get me wrong, I love SATC almost more than I love wearing flip-flops, but these women do need this break.

This movie WILL make more than $100mil. And I can't wait for it!! *happy dance*

7/27/2007 06:10:00 PM  

Blogger Ladybug said...

I agree with Babz. During the height of show, the SATC girls were the 'it' girls of Hollywood. They were everywhere - fashion, news, Oprah - and Sara Jessica dominated most of the magazine covers. But after the show ended, all of them fell off from radar. I don't think even Sarah's clothing line made a buzz.

This movie will bring them all back to the spotlight. They should stop fighting and be glad that people love SATC.

7/27/2007 06:35:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

I want to know if they will it continue where the TV show left off. Like what happened with Big and Carrie, Sam and her boytoy, etc.

Sarah and Kim should just get off it and do the movie! If they continue this, both of them will end up without any of those screen time they've been fighting about. Sheesh.

7/27/2007 07:12:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard about the movie but i didn't know the shooting has been postponed. What is it with these two? Why can't they just get along for the sake of the fans? They should be ashamed for their unprofessionalism.

Olly

7/27/2007 07:36:00 PM  

Blogger Jolie said...

I agree with Olly. Unprofessionalism. Now, it would be nice to see the fab four of NY again. I think before S&TC came along, the celebration of female and female sexuality was very much nil. BUT, S&TC IS OVER.

I am a BIG fan. BIG. (not the character) But I do know that the bloom is off this rose. The show's original premise is based around SINGLE women dating in their 30s. Now, with the movie, the characters would all be in their 40s and all of them are in a serious relationship, two are married! Besides, no one in NY is running around the city trying to be Carrie Bradshaw anymore.

If fans miss S&TC, just watch the TV series on DVD.

7/28/2007 06:24:00 AM  

Blogger Vanessa said...

Jolie, how could you say that? Same cast, same writers, how could it not work? Who cares how old they would be? It's all about the sex, the city and the relationships (boyfriends, husbands, best friends). :) I think the movie idea is great and long overdue. I don't know how they would approach the movie but hopefully, there's a lot of Carrie and Big!

7/28/2007 08:22:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course it will work. I agree that the enduring value of this show has much to do with the enduring "family" bond between all of the main characters. We the audience cling to it for the idealized, cherished sense of belonging to something, that we all struggle with our whole lives. The movie doesn't need to be groundbreaking. After all, the series ended on such a high note, with all 4 women ending up with wonderful guys (who will never exist in real life. All 4 guys are feminine fantasy. Real life - don't exist). No, we just want to visit with Miranda and her family, she had a love child with the man who turned out to be her husband, an uneducated bartender to her Manhattan corporate lawyer... yea, that happens.... and with Charlotte and Harry, the sweet WASP coupled with the hard charging lawyer who is also sweet and sensitive (doesn't exist in the same person) and their adopted brood.. and with Samantha and Smith, the ultimate fantasy for us older women... a good surprise here would be a late-life baby. And finally... Carrie and Big, they simply have to stay together for all of us who wanted it to be real. After all maybe Big met his match, and he's too old to have kids really and Carrie does not strike any of us as being maternal, so show us them being happy together while he buys her lots of shoes. BRING ON THE MOVIE !!!!!

7/28/2007 10:57:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure about the movie. Everything ended just the way I wanted it to. I don't want the movie to screw up their lives i.e. breaking up Big (John) and Carrie, Samantha having AIDS or whatever.

7/28/2007 11:01:00 AM  

Blogger Chipper said...

I hope the two of them get their act together--I really want a Sex in the City movie!!

7/28/2007 02:49:00 PM  

Blogger Rachel said...

I am really excited for this movie! I think that this is a great idea. I for one am sick of watching reruns. If they make it, I will come and watch!

7/28/2007 04:02:00 PM  

Blogger Cat said...

So I guess I am not -the only one re-watching the series from season one, careful not to watch more than one episode at once?! Hopefully that will strech all the way to the movie...

7/28/2007 04:22:00 PM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

I've been watching the series as well. Onto season 3 now. This movie is a great idea. I would love to see how the girls are doing a few years from the last time we saw them. I wouldn't want something sad though. No divorce, no one dying. I want to see the girls grow as women with their families, with their relationships. And please don't break up Big and Carrie! Or Sam and Smith. Or Miranda and Steve. Or Charlotte and Harry. I want them to maintain what they worked so hard to get. Yes, I want a happy ending!

7/28/2007 05:12:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to revisit the girls. And Standford had better be in the movie.

7/28/2007 05:40:00 PM  

Blogger Jolie said...

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. :-P SATC is sooooooo over. Like what Carrie said to Big, "We're so over we need a new word for over."

7/29/2007 11:09:00 AM  

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

I would love to see a SATC movie! It's about time. It's been a while and I miss the girls.

I want to see more of Big and Carrie and what happened to Sam and Smith? Kim and Sarah should bury the hatchet already!

7/29/2007 04:48:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

SATC MOVIE UPDATE

Apparently, the movie has more problems than just Sarah and Kim fighting. Chris Noth still has not signed on to play Mr Big! NO NO NO NO. SATC movie without Mr Big is not acceptable!!!



NEW YORK -- It was enough to make die-hard “Sex and the City” fans choke on their Cosmopolitans. When news broke that a long-stalled “Sex” movie will begin filming this fall with its four stars (Sarah Jessica Parker, Cynthia Nixon, Kristin Davis and Kim Cattrall) reprising their roles, word also came that there’s a big gap in the production.

A Mr. Big gap, that is.

Chris Noth still has not signed on to play Carrie’s on-again, off-again (and, for a time, married) boyfriend who took six seasons to tell the Manolo-mad sex columnist the heartfelt words she desperately wanted to hear: “Carrie, you’re the one.”

...

Noth isn’t saying “I do” just yet to revisiting his role in the much-anticipated film.

As of last week, the word from Noth’s manager was that “we are waiting for an offer still and hope schedules can be worked out.”

...

Spies who’ve read Michael Patrick King’s “Sex and the City” screenplay confirm that Mr. Big is part of the story (“He’s in the flesh, not just on the other end of a phone,” said one insider.) and Noth has plenty of reasons to join the film cast.

...

“If he doesn’t do it, they shouldn’t replace him, but create a new character.”

7/29/2007 07:16:00 PM  

Blogger Danielle De Barbarac said...

Noooooo!!!! Sex and the City is NOT Sex and the City without Mr. Big! And what does that mean replace him with a new character? That's not right!!

7/29/2007 08:06:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Danielle, i know!!! Big is like the fifth Beatle or something (as it says there in the article). He's part of it all. Most of what happened to Carrie in the series was connected, directly or not, to her relationship with Big. They can't just replace him! The hell!

7/30/2007 07:29:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait for this movie. I hope Chris Noth joins the rest of the cast because it wouldn't be the same without Mr Big.

7/30/2007 05:16:00 PM  

Blogger ValVega said...

Well, if Big is not there I for one am not watching.

The truth is I understand these actors. SJP (whom I adore btw) makes much more money than the rest of them put together and she get all the credit for the show's success and popularity when in reality all them are important. Especially characters like Samantha and Big defined the show in a way SJP could have never achieved by herself. So kudos to them for sticking to their guns and demanding their share. With that said, get the fuck on with the movie and get big!!!!!!!

7/31/2007 04:52:00 AM  

Blogger Lollie Rose said...

"Samantha and Big defined the show in a way SJP could have never achieved by herself."

If Big can't do it then let's replace him with Aidann. :P

Ok, I agree with Trollop. I think it all started when Sarah Jessica became an executive producer of the show. She started getting more credit when in reality, all of them are equally responsible for SATC's success.

7/31/2007 10:54:00 AM