Monday, January 14, 2008

The Golden Globes suck troll balls

Good lord, I never thought I’d see the Golden Globes reduced to a lame press conference—and on CNN! Sheesh. I’m not complaining about the lost of its giant production (who cares about that crap?) but the lost of the circus-like pre-show and funny antics from drunken actors. Also, I would have loved to see Daniel Day-Lewis, Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem accept their awards. Talk about parade of beautiful men... *dreamy sigh* yummily wearing tux! Oh, be still my heart!

Damn the Writers’ Strike! I understand, truly I do, the strike is necessary yada yada but it deprived me of eye candy! *grrr* cancelled every fucking thing I watch on TV. And even now darling Jon and The Daily Show is back, it still doesn’t feel the same thing. Why why why do they do this to me?!? *wails* I’m not sure if it will help to have Raoul kiss every inch of my body but my golly, we’ve got to try something!!!

Oh. And I might as well add, on the -98% chance House writers are reading TBB: Please. I. Want. The. Ducklings. Back. Make Taub meet The Carver, kill Thirteen with Addison’s disease, give Kumar his own Taj Mahal Badalandabad show or chlamydia—I don’t care how just GET RID OF THE BORING NEWBIES.

Got it? Goody. Now, here’s the list of winners of the sucky 2008 Golden Globes:

MOTION PICTURE

Picture, Drama: Atonement
Actress, Drama: Julie Christie, Away from Her
Actor, Drama: Daniel Day-Lewis, There Will Be Blood
Picture, Musical or Comedy: Sweeney Todd
Actress, Musical or Comedy: Marion Cotillard, La Vie en Rose
Actor, Musical or Comedy: Johnny Depp, Sweeney Todd
Supporting Actress: Cate Blanchett, I’m Not There
Supporting Actor: Javier Bardem, No Country for Old Men
Director: Julian Schnabel, The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
Screenplay: Ethan Coen and Joel Coen, No Country for Old Men
Foreign Language Film: The Diving Bell and the Butterfly (France/U.S.)
Animated Film: Ratatouille
Original Score: Dario Marianelli, Atonement
Original Song: “Guaranteed,” Into the Wild

TELEVISION

Series, Drama: Mad Men
Actress, Drama Series: Glenn Close, Damages
Actor, Drama Series: Jon Hamm, Mad Men
Series, Comedy or Musical: Extras
Actress, Comedy or Musical Series: Tina Fey, 30 Rock
Actor, Comedy or Musical Series: David Duchovny, Californication
Supporting Actress, Series, Miniseries or TV Movie: Samantha Morton, Longford
Supporting Actor, Series, Miniseries or TV Movie: Jeremy Piven, Entourage
Miniseries or TV Movie: Longford
Actress, Miniseries or TV Movie: Queen Latifah, Life Support
Actor, Miniseries or TV Movie: Jim Broadbent, Longford (Source)

Labels: , ,


11 comment(s):

Blogger Jordis Juice said...

Glad Johnny Depp won. He was great in Sweeney Todd.

The Writers Strike is a pain. Executives should just give the cut writers deserve.

Loved Kiera's movie Atonement.

1/14/2008 01:00:00 PM  

Blogger ... said...

...Completely forgot the GGs were on.

I think, if I were to damn anyone, it would be the AMPTP.

Speaking of House, did you know Doris Egan (writer) has a livejournal? http://tightropegirl.livejournal.com/

Have you seen Daniel Day-Lewis' Let There Be Blood? (I *think* that's the title.) I've heard it's pretty good, though violent.

1/14/2008 01:40:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

I love Glenn Close in Damages. She's fantastic. I can't believe Tina Fey won as Best Actress and for 30 ROCK. She's annoying while 30 ROCK is a stupid show.

Want to see ATONEMENT but they have yet to show it here. Have never even heard of MAD MEN. Wanted Hugh Laurie to win. Also nothing for PUSHING DAISIES. :/

1/14/2008 01:46:00 PM  

Blogger Harlot said...

Nope. Haven't seen Daniel's movie. Want to see that one too! I read about it and the only thing i know is it's about oil, heh. But they say it's really good. Also NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN.

Thing is during late week of December to early January, there's a film fest here where they only show local films. I haven't even seen AMERICAN GANGSTER. :/

(My computer is so slow it takes two minutes to load a page and this comment box!)

Oh, and thanks for the link Dance. Will check it out!

1/14/2008 01:56:00 PM  

Blogger Petra said...

I thought they totally canceled the Golden Globes. I hear writers and big stars alike would also boycott the Oscars.

1/14/2008 02:46:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was expecting Atonement to win and am really happy it did. It was awesome.

And Johnny won!! Now if he can only win an Oscar the world will be set right.
I can't wait to see Sweeney Todd. I saw the trailer the other day and it looked amazing.

1/14/2008 07:08:00 PM  

Blogger Kate Diamond said...

The writers' strike is ruining my TV life. Seriously. And you'd think I'd actually go out and try to find a life of my own. But no... it's more like I find more time for grading. Yech.

1/14/2008 10:18:00 PM  

Blogger Isabella said...

Love that Johnny won! I hope he wins the Oscars but I don't think he'll win over Daniel Day-Lewis, not that that's a bad thing since Daniel is a fabulous actor.

Oh, writers' strike. I miss my precious TV shows, too. Those stupid producers suck!

1/14/2008 11:17:00 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was crossing my fingers for Johnny! I'm glad he won!

I want to see The Diving Bell and the Butterfly. I wasn't even aware of this movie until last night. Love the title.

The writers strike is affecting everyone. Writers, actors, producers, consumers. The new season of American Idol is premiering this week, that's good (at least for me). But frankly I'm not looking forward to a TV full of reality shows.

Oh, and it's "*A* Daily Show" now. I don't know why they changed the name this week. I assume it has something to do with the strike.

Olly

1/14/2008 11:52:00 PM  

Blogger Jolie said...

Oh god, I miss The Office and Heroes so bad. I've been rewatching all the past episodes from previous seasons. The writers strike is killing me! I have to see what happens in the newer episodes!

I hope the strike ends before the audience for my favorite shows disappears. I'd hate to see them come back and not be popular enough to survive.

Hopefully the WGA members get what they want, they deserve it.

1/15/2008 01:54:00 AM  

Blogger ValVega said...

I don't have much to say except the writer strike sucks.

I haven't watched any of the nominated movies/tv shows this season. I have no idea what I've been doing with my time.

1/15/2008 03:37:00 PM